Author Topic: Alien Medics  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Savior20061

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Alien Medics
« on: September 26, 2015, 05:37:49 am »
This suggestion I have is less serious and more throwaway. In UFO Defense, Sectoids and Floaters had medics. In TFTD I think only Aquatoids had medics. They were kind of an irrelevant class, and would only serve to discover aliens you hadn't seen yet...which was probably helpful the first few times you played the game but worthless once you became a seasoned vet.

I was thinking, maybe the medics should get an alien med kit. When an alien is wounded, whether on the ground or standing, the medic would make a conscious effort to run over and heal the poor guy.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Alien Medics
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 06:02:25 pm »
They would first need to change some ai behaviors for the medicit.But the aliens dont get fatal wounds and i dont think aliens with healing capabilities would fit in vannila.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 07:40:15 pm »
They would first need to change some ai behaviors for the medicit.But the aliens dont get fatal wounds and i dont think aliens with healing capabilities would fit in vannila.

Aliens do get fatal wounds if you enable the option.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 09:17:18 pm »
But i believe he is talking about tftd without the mod,direcly healing lost health points

Offline Savior20061

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 05:46:21 am »
But i believe he is talking about tftd without the mod,direcly healing lost health points

I was sort of referring to both mods. Since, aliens can get fatal wounds, the medics could serve a purpose.