Author Topic: Will installing the newest nightly disable the Final Mod Pack?  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Savior20061

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Will installing the newest nightly disable the Final Mod Pack?
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:30:30 pm »
I suck at computers, so I'd prefer to not have to move the files around and risk the mod not working. I have no friggin' clue how I got it to work in the first place.

Because I suck....

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Will installing the newest nightly disable the Final Mod Pack?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 08:26:58 am »
Just copy the entire Openxcom folder and keep it as a backup. If anything goes wrong, restore.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:38:54 am »
Maybe you can start by telling us which version of OpenXcom and which version of FMP you are using now...

Offline Savior20061

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 04:23:03 am »
Maybe you can start by telling us which version of OpenXcom and which version of FMP you are using now...

Looking at the files, I'm using OpenXcom 1.0 and FMP 1.2. I installed them both in April.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 09:35:46 am »
Well, in that case you need to upgrade both OpenXcom and FMP.
I suggest to:

0. make a save in geoscape, with all your craft inside the bases and preferably no UFOs flying around
1. make a full backup of both application directory (c:\Program Files\OpenXcom\) and user directory (c:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\OpenXcom\)

2. delete EVERYTHING (yes everything!) from the application directory (c:\Program Files\OpenXcom\)
3. download the newest nightly build of OpenXcom and extract it into that directory
4. copy the original UFO Defense files into the directory c:\Program Files\OpenXcom\UFO\

5. run openxcom... to see if everything still works... also it will create some necessary folders automatically

6. download the newest FMP and extract it into directory c:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\

7. run openxcom... enable FMP... try loading your save... and see if everything still works

8. if yes, enjoy... if not... luckily you have a backup