Author Topic: [TFTD] Craft Re-model Crew Deployment Problem  (Read 10092 times)

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] Craft Re-model Crew Deployment Problem (Solved)
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 05:17:17 pm »
Right, looks like its a combination of MCD, LOFTemps and Map problems.

I'll be looking forward to the fix then :D

They have always been able to do that - I used to use that while playing the original.  You should be able to do this with out any problems in this mod.

Really? I always thought it wasn't possible while playing the original (Windows version, Collector's Edition). Now I want to know for sure!

And not to be a pain in the ass here, but...

Some tiles on the back of the HAMMERHEAD are not walkable either. We can walk here just fine:

But not here:

Or here:

Yet the next 3 work just fine:

But then:

Aaaaaaaalso, the LEVIATHAN suffers some similar problems :P

We can get into this corner:

Bu, like HAMMERHEAD, not over the tiles directly in front of the "headlights":

Or into this other corner:

As for the back of LEVIATHAN, I cannot tell since the tiles directly across the backside seem to be kinda "overstepping" on part of the crafts's hull, so I'm not sure whether that's as intended or if they should be walkable:

Alright, that's all for now! I wish I could fix this myself instead of asking but, as I said before, I'm not too skilled in this area as of yet.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:45:01 pm by Orz »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] Craft Re-model Crew Deployment Problem
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 12:30:56 am »
Really? I always thought it wasn't possible while playing the original (Windows version, Collector's Edition). Now I want to know for sure!

Actually it seems to differ depending on which version you have and if it is patched - I think.

I'll be looking forward to the fix then :D... ...Some tiles on the back of the HAMMERHEAD are not walkable either... ...aaaaaaalso, the LEVIATHAN suffers some similar problems :P

Right...

Here's the deal with some of these problems - in the maps you can only have West or North walls, and the ones that are creating the problem are EAST walls.  How this is done ingame is to place a object in the square and tag it as a wall - ie you can't walk through it. To fix this will eather require a LOT of time and work on the MCD's and LOFTemps or a TOTAL (From Scratch) rebuild of how OpenXcom handles the maps, which will break ALL the mods, and set the project back years.  While I'm ok with editing maps, this could take me a while, especally when I currently have very little free time to work on it.

Sorry. :-\

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] Craft Re-model Crew Deployment Problem
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 04:53:43 am »
Actually it seems to differ depending on which version you have and if it is patched - I think.

Right...

Here's the deal with some of these problems - in the maps you can only have West or North walls, and the ones that are creating the problem are EAST walls.  How this is done ingame is to place a object in the square and tag it as a wall - ie you can't walk through it. To fix this will eather require a LOT of time and work on the MCD's and LOFTemps or a TOTAL (From Scratch) rebuild of how OpenXcom handles the maps, which will break ALL the mods, and set the project back years.  While I'm ok with editing maps, this could take me a while, especally when I currently have very little free time to work on it.

Sorry. :-\

I understand, that's unfortunate. Well, as long as you are willing to do it... it would be worth the wait. The most immediate problem at the moment is the HAMMERHEAD's "headlights" pathing blockage, especially when spawning on the corner or along the western edge of the map, as an SWS can only get outside of the craft's door and be unable to move further, effectively preventing the whole crew behind from getting out. The second issue, I guess, is the inability to walk over and get on top of the craft. The rest is also important but minor.

I thought it wouldn't be so hard to edit the MCDs/LOFTemps, just timely.

Keep us updated :P