Author Topic: [COMPLETED] Let's play X-PirateZ (182 episodes)  (Read 144044 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#20] Friendly Fire
« Reply #256 on: December 17, 2015, 06:03:28 pm »
Hi all,

I have compiled my own version of OpenXcom Extended 2.5b.

Changes:
+ added after-mission stat increase page (see screenshot) ... more info: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2461.0.html
- removed epileptic flashing explosions effects

Attached also compiled executable.
(I don't know how to include the DLLs into EXE, so it's a bunch of files. Just extract and run "OpenXcomExt.exe".)

Have fun!

PS: compatible with X-PirateZ 0.97 and 0.97a
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:07:25 pm by Meridian »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2015, 06:20:27 pm »
Oooh nice.

Maybe I should start looking into this to include Soldier Stats & Diaries...

Gah... keeping track of commits though...

niculinux

« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2015, 08:09:03 pm »
Thanks Meridian! Please may you also attach your 2.5b custom version also in the first post? Eventually, thank you again!!

edit: even better, create a thread, in which post it, along all the mods and stuff you use for the playthrough, music included! (meridian extenddd piratez stuff)  8)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:18:40 pm by niculinux »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2015, 06:05:58 am »
Hi all,

I have compiled my own version of OpenXcom Extended 2.5b.

Changes:
+ added after-mission stat increase page (see screenshot) ... more info: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2461.0.html
- removed epileptic flashing explosions effects

Attached also compiled executable.
(I don't know how to include the DLLs into EXE, so it's a bunch of files. Just extract and run "OpenXcomExt.exe".)

Have fun!

PS: compatible with X-PirateZ 0.97 and 0.97a

Hmm, not even sure where to start with the compiling stuff. Does this include Soldier Diaries as well or no?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2015, 10:14:42 am »
Hmm, not even sure where to start with the compiling stuff. Does this include Soldier Diaries as well or no?

No, it only contains OXCE 2.5b (which does not contain soldier diaries) and one new feature as described above.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns54scNBdjA

PS: unfortunately, the surprise song at the end of the video got corrupted AFTER upload to youtube... if you want to hear the proper version, click on the link in the description (the next 3 episodes will also have this problem  :-[ )

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#21] We Wish You A Merry X-mas
« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2015, 06:49:39 pm »
I've been enjoying some more of Draco's streams, and I'm quite impressed with the effectiveness of the Mortar.  Even a moderately strong gal with Runt armor can get off a shot every other turn, that can destroy an armored foe from accross the map.  Might be something to consider working into your tactics. :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#22] Morale Boost
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2015, 10:37:04 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSaKvL_FjQ

PS: I've added access to Bootypedia from the battlescape in my custom EXE... more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4187.0.html

niculinux

Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#22] Morale Boost
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2015, 02:49:42 pm »
Thanks! Actually really need to consider a most intensive usage of heavy weapons (mortars, grenade launchers, RPGs) at least in the very beginning of the game, especially against security and other well armored guys, it's really a life saver. How about to make a "themed" episode :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#25] Happy New Year
« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2015, 07:44:28 pm »
Its interest watching my way through Draco's campaign and watching yours... noting some of the tactical differences.  (I'm only on his ep 12, still a lot to go).

Your bow use is amazing and almost broken. (Don't tell Dioxine I said that).
You stopped using hammers because you felt they were overpowered. Dioxine has nerfed them since, but I don't know what impact that has on the weapon.  I can't remember Draco using them at all so far.
Draco makes great use of the Mortar for good firesupport, targeting enemy groups and heavy armor foes to soften them up.  But you rely on grenade relays and black powder bombs. :)
Edit:  Also, how Draco loves the Military Shotgun with AP Slugs for nice ranged damage dealers.  Thats a weapon that you don't really keep around, but sell instead.

Its awesome to see how these differences play out. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:18:49 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2015, 10:12:25 am »
Bows aren't OP unless you abuse the 'throwing training' exploit that allows you to increase the skill by simply throwing stuff around. Naturally, at some point, just using them will train your Throwing... The main disadvantage of bows is that you cannot use them in many terrains effectively.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2015, 10:54:03 am »
Bows aren't OP unless you abuse the 'throwing training' exploit that allows you to increase the skill by simply throwing stuff around. Naturally, at some point, just using them will train your Throwing... The main disadvantage of bows is that you cannot use them in many terrains effectively.

Is someone (Yankes?) already looking at throwing accuracy improvement when shooting from bows, etc. ? Maybe I can help too, if no one else volunteers :)