aliens

Author Topic: [COMPLETED] Let's play X-PirateZ (182 episodes)  (Read 143985 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#07] Train Station of Doom
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2015, 06:15:38 pm »
Is there a limit on number of days needed to recover from injuries?
Half of the health down means 30+ days in the infirmary for most of my gals... one gal even has 48 days to recover now... I mean there is really no reason to wait 48 days for me, even if they are super-soldiers... should I just be sacking them and buying new ones?

Its very possible that they can't scream when someone cut they throat outs. Probably only when unit falling game play dying sound.
I think I can add this because of gameplay reasons.

Not really necessary, but quite nice to have I guess.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2015, 07:52:50 pm »
Is there a limit on number of days needed to recover from injuries?

There's a Bootypedia article on that :3 But it's hard to find, and to cut to the chase: the number of days in hospital = random number from x*0.5 to x*1.5, where x is the amount of HP missing at the end of the mission. So if you lose eg. 40 HP, you will spend anywhere between 20 and 60 days in infirmary. Quite something, since the gals have more HPs than X-Com soldiers...

Also that's why you need new Barracks, soon - having half of your crew in hospital is normal for this mod. And, again - 48 days is nothing, with the mid-game starting around 1 year in.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:54:50 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2015, 08:15:19 pm »
Don't sack wounded gals! That's the peak of women exploitation! ;P

Recovery time can get ridiculous in Piratez. I've seen up to 76 days. But it was a good gal and their monthly salary is not expensive ($5k/month I think?) so it's not a big deal once you have more barracks. As Dioxine said, it is common for me too to have 1/3 to 1/2 of my gals wounded at the main base.

I actually have started to do a "gal rotation" on the Bonny, where I rarely take all my best gals at once. That way other gals can get some training, as well as some chance of getting hurt instead of my best, and I almost always have good gals to bring on missions.

Too bad there can't be a facility that decreases recovery time (something like each days count as 2?)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2015, 08:25:13 pm »
I have one for 93 days right now. :P

And yeah, Surgery Room could perform that function, Arthanor, but I thought Dioxine had stated in the past he wasn't interested in it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2015, 09:42:48 pm »
More importantly, I've stated that it's currently impossible, as there is no code for such a thing. And gal rotation is cool anyway - more people will have their chance to appear :)

niculinux

« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2015, 09:52:28 pm »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2015, 09:55:37 pm »
54733Some clues for you, guys  :D

We are reading the forum you know... no need to cross-post everything.

niculinux

« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2015, 10:47:39 pm »
We are reading the forum you know... no need to cross-post everything.

Sorry, Meridina :,( hey, there is something new on the 0.96 update that will affect your playthrought i think  :-\ (i think it isn't crossposting, it's linking at least, right?  :-[ )

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2015, 10:51:29 pm »
Sorry, Meridina :,( hey, there is something new on the 0.96 update that will affect your playthrought i think  :-\ (i think it isn't crossposting, it's linking at least, right?  :-[ )

No problem. Feel free to link anything you like. Better more than less, this forum needs to stay alive, right?

As for the issue, I saw it and fixed it already earlier today myself.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#08] New Recruits
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2015, 12:45:39 pm »
I'm with you with the comments about tips.

First because Piratez is quite open ended so you will not have the same tactic and also because it's not as fun if you have figured out everything. You are going to struggle again in the future but this pogrom gave you good lessons already I am sure we are going to see in effect soon.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:36:46 pm by Boltgun »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2015, 05:54:15 pm »
Great episode so far! 

So much great research to get into.  :)

I agree with personal armor parts, its important.    I think Acids and Poisons should be fairly high priority too among other things. 

I'd get more hands asap.  The combat stress mechanic makes winning the battles quickly more important.  More gals equals more damage available per round, and more opportunity to get morale boost for killing baddies.  As far as I can see, stunned enemies (Ransom money, bro!) don't give you morale boosts, so that can make that stress battle more challenging if you are taking prisoners.

Loving this series!!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2015, 05:57:00 pm »
Yup, stunning doesn't boost morale (or drop enemy morale) so there's a nice side incentive to killing enemies.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2015, 05:58:31 pm »
From the Pogrom I think it is pretty obvious to everyone that Combat Stress is not a real problem for a good player, even on such a long and gruelling mission with many casaulties.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2015, 06:04:43 pm »
From the Pogrom I think it is pretty obvious to everyone that Combat Stress is not a real problem for a good player, even on such a long and gruelling mission with many casaulties.

Yup, the huge number of enemies helped!  I'm thinking of the huge map with a cave camper and a small crew looking all over for that last guy.  Maybe that can't happen.  Most likely its just that I'm not a very good player, so my cautious approach is a handicap.  As you point out, its probably unlikely that Meridian will have to deal with stress very much on his gals as they should be much more lethal than my bumbling crew. ;)