Author Topic: [COMPLETED] Let's play X-PirateZ (182 episodes)  (Read 143965 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#02] First Blood
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2015, 09:42:58 pm »
Hey Meridian,  I threw the diagram for the bonny's loadout up on Ufopeadia. 

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Bonaventura_(Piratez)  (fixed the link now, Thanks guys!)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:29:08 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2015, 10:08:51 pm »
Ehm, the link is a bit broken... and after fixing it, the two pictures show different loadouts... which one is correct?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2015, 10:15:22 pm »
Heh!  good catch!  I think the bottom diagrams are right. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2015, 03:43:42 am »
The bottom ones are correct (but the top one is nicely drawn!). Also the screenshots are very old, from before the reskin :)

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2015, 06:08:30 pm »
Fixed link: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Bonaventura_(Piratez)

Add me to the waiting list: Bolt Gun, random avatar, high strength and maybe accuracy, uses machine guns (boarding gun, mg and its upgrades...).

And wow! You can disable guns during interception? I was ruining myself buying seagull missiles!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2015, 06:11:45 pm »
Meridian, for people who want a random avatar like Boltgun, maybe you could avoid faces that are already in use? Do you think it's a good idea?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2015, 11:05:32 pm »
Add me to the waiting list: Bolt Gun, random avatar, high strength and maybe accuracy, uses machine guns (boarding gun, mg and its upgrades...).

Hmm, not a typical piratess' name... would you be willing to re-consider? Something more like all the names on the front page maybe? If not, there's a gun in the name and it is rather neutral than male, so I would still accept it; with both eyes closed ;-)

Meridian, for people who want a random avatar like Boltgun, maybe you could avoid faces that are already in use? Do you think it's a good idea?

Yup, good idea. Will help me too when addressing people on the battlefield.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2015, 10:49:47 am »
Hmm, not a typical piratess' name... would you be willing to re-consider? Something more like all the names on the front page maybe? If not, there's a gun in the name and it is rather neutral than male, so I would still accept it; with both eyes closed ;-)

Alright, how about 'Antoinette du Plomb' (Antoinette of Lead)? Uses her machine gun with her pinky raised.

Edit: Wait, wait, wait... How do you take out an equipment out of an inventory in one click? I always had to pick it up and drop it into an empty space.

Haha you can prime grenades before battle too.

It took me a while to figure about that last beer. All medical items are used on the user OR the creature in the front of the user. So Dana Eagle actually gave the beer to the guard. yes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:53:15 am by Boltgun »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Let's play X-PirateZ [#03] One by One Please
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2015, 11:15:43 am »
Some explanations :)

1. The Spring Cleaning unlocked the Pile of Junk entry (under the Treasure), but it didn't show up due to how the engine works (2 topics researched simultaneously). You've actually produced Scrap Metal, Chemicals & SC Wire.
2. The Cattle Prod simply missed. It's a 2-handed weapon, so it's better to have the other hand empty. A melee hit always plays hit sound, even with Cattle Prod. Oh yeah the same goes for the Blunderbuss, but I guess a slight one-handed firing penalty isn't really consequential with a shotgun-type weapon :)
3. Officer's pistol grants extra damage based on soldier's accuracy (it's in the Pedia); it's actually the strongest starting pistol (except the Handcannon) once your Firing exceeds circa 70.
4. Try strafing :) (ctrl+click)
5. The beer didn't work since using it on the target has priority over using it on oneself; you've given it to the enemy :)
6. Don't be afraid to use handles, soldier's stats have only a marginal influence on their damage.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:29:40 am by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2015, 02:58:44 pm »
Nice to see you're getting things going Meridian! I have two more FMP episodes to watch, then I'll do my best to catch up with Piratez. I was wondering about your patron thing:

1 - How early is your early access? 1 episode ahead of others?
2 - Does early access mean that once it is opened to others, there will be (more) episodes already shot?
3 - The VIPs in the list, they are your patrons who pay $5/month?

Even though I'm always behind, I like the idea of my comments being reflected in game quickly after making them, and being on a priority list sounds good, and I like your LPs so it seems like throwing 1-2 coffees worth of money your way for hours of entertainment is a pretty good deal. Just want to know what I'd be getting into!

Also.. it seems like I mistyped when requesting a portrait! I meant 15! Can Max get a new haircut? :D

Thanks!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2015, 04:24:14 pm »
Alright, how about 'Antoinette du Plomb' (Antoinette of Lead)? Uses her machine gun with her pinky raised.

Edit: Wait, wait, wait... How do you take out an equipment out of an inventory in one click? I always had to pick it up and drop it into an empty space.

Haha you can prime grenades before battle too.

It took me a while to figure about that last beer. All medical items are used on the user OR the creature in the front of the user. So Dana Eagle actually gave the beer to the guard. yes.

Welcome to the team Antoinette!
Use Ctrl+click to move items between inventory and ground (both ways).

Some explanations :)

1. The Spring Cleaning unlocked the Pile of Junk entry (under the Treasure), but it didn't show up due to how the engine works (2 topics researched simultaneously). You've actually produced Scrap Metal, Chemicals & SC Wire.
2. The Cattle Prod simply missed. It's a 2-handed weapon, so it's better to have the other hand empty. A melee hit always plays hit sound, even with Cattle Prod. Oh yeah the same goes for the Blunderbuss, but I guess a slight one-handed firing penalty isn't really consequential with a shotgun-type weapon :)
3. Officer's pistol grants extra damage based on soldier's accuracy (it's in the Pedia); it's actually the strongest starting pistol (except the Handcannon) once your Firing exceeds circa 70.
4. Try strafing :) (ctrl+click)
5. The beer didn't work since using it on the target has priority over using it on oneself; you've given it to the enemy :)
6. Don't be afraid to use handles, soldier's stats have only a marginal influence on their damage.

1. yup, thanks, makes sense now
2. that's really great... in FMP the melee hit sounds were not that consistent... nice to know I can count on that
3. ok
4. I still consider strafing a cheating... or at least making the game a lot easier... but I will use it since I know you recommended it and optimized for it... it will just take me a few episodes until I overcome the habit of not doing it
5. DOH!
6. okey

Nice to see you're getting things going Meridian! I have two more FMP episodes to watch, then I'll do my best to catch up with Piratez. I was wondering about your patron thing:

1 - How early is your early access? 1 episode ahead of others?
2 - Does early access mean that once it is opened to others, there will be (more) episodes already shot?
3 - The VIPs in the list, they are your patrons who pay $5/month?

Even though I'm always behind, I like the idea of my comments being reflected in game quickly after making them, and being on a priority list sounds good, and I like your LPs so it seems like throwing 1-2 coffees worth of money your way for hours of entertainment is a pretty good deal. Just want to know what I'd be getting into!

Also.. it seems like I mistyped when requesting a portrait! I meant 15! Can Max get a new haircut? :D

Thanks!

1. I record episodes over the weekend (usually on Saturday) for the whole next week; upload them as soon as I can (usually still during the weekend) and schedule them. Normal viewers see them as they are scheduled (i.e. one episode each day). Patrons (Archangels+) can see all of them already when they are uploaded. So to answer the question, it is 3 episodes ahead. (When I go on holidays, business trips, etc. it may be 2 or even 3 weeks ahead, i.e. 6-9 episodes ahead)
2. No... this is not related.
3. There are two waiting lists (normal and priority)... priority list is for Patrons (Titans+), normal list is for everyone. On normal list some people are VIPs, because they are either friends/LPers (e.g. Ivan) or devs/modders/authors (e.g. Dioxine, Solarius). You cannot become a VIP by asking, you become a VIP by doing VIP stuff. When someone dies or when I hire more hands... I alternate between the two lists and take one from each... but because priority list (3) is much shorter than normal list (60), you will appear a lot more in the game if you are on the priority list. Also, people on priority list will carry over their rank, the number of kills and number of missions to their new incarnation; I am also considering to carry over their stats (unless the new soldier is better), but I have not decided yet if I wanna do it or not... let's wait until the first dies :) Oh, btw. VIPs don't have any special privileges (except I try to keep them alive a little tiny bit more than the others).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:37:37 pm by Meridian »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2015, 04:59:28 pm »
Alright! Thanks for the answer! I guess if one watches the episodes the days they are scheduled, then their comments will be read before the next weekend shooting day.

Sorry for the confusion between VIP and priority! Now I need to work more on VIP stuff ;)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2015, 12:34:01 am »
Aye capt'n!

Martian Max reporting on the study of big guns for our crafts! I look'd at what we can get, an' some of what I've gathered around from rumors and got some numberz going!

Ya should get a gander at me logbook if ya'd like to see how much boom them weapons do, total or by the second, and how much bang we can get for our bucks!

Hope you like it capt'n!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2015, 11:34:16 am »
Just had a Pogrom... the amount of ... pain and FRUSTRATION... was unbearable!
I will not spoil anything before you can watch the episodes, but I will have a lot of questions afterwards... because ... because ... I can't describe this in words...

There will also be a change in schedule (this week only):
Monday: X-PirateZ #04
Tuesday: X-PirateZ #05
Wednesday: X-PirateZ #06
Thursday: X-PirateZ #07
Friday: Heroes 3 HotA #33
Saturday: Heroes 3 HotA #34
Sunday: ---

The change is to that you can give me feedback before I continue recording on Saturday/Sunday.

Aye capt'n!
Martian Max reporting on the study of big guns for our crafts! I look'd at what we can get, an' some of what I've gathered around from rumors and got some numberz going!
Ya should get a gander at me logbook if ya'd like to see how much boom them weapons do, total or by the second, and how much bang we can get for our bucks!
Hope you like it capt'n!

I like it a lot... but I think I need to wait for them to land now... don't want to run out of fuel (like last time)... that would not be good for the LP.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:33:53 pm by Meridian »