aliens

Author Topic: Most useful layout/Healing aliens  (Read 2629 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Most useful layout/Healing aliens
« on: September 17, 2015, 12:41:11 am »
Having played xcom now for a few years I'm wondering how other people fill their transport ships. Personally with my playing style I don't usually have more than 10 troops onboard a craft with 2x2 hwp's filling the rest of its capacity, except maybe on alien base assaults and the final mission where I could have up to 14 troops and 3 hwp's with an avenger. I like to have the hwp's especially if they have hover ability to scout out ahead. What is the "norm" if such a thing exists or ultimately does it depend on the playing style and possibly the mods used in any run through?

Secondly having just cleared out an alien base on my current run through of hardmode expansion v0.93 I managed to capture the Waspite commander with psi capture and noticed he had 3 fatal wounds which I couldn't heal (thankfully the mission ended before he bled out). Is it possible perhaps in the extended version of openxcom to heal aliens in these rare circumstances so that you get the live capture?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Most useful layout/Healing aliens
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:27:50 am »
Aliens only get fatal wounds, if Alien Bleedings is advanced option is active.
If so you can use Medikits on the Aliens to heals them, the same as treating a Soldiers.

btw are you nearing the Final Mission Research in your Hardmode Run?
Because i wanna see you tackle the Final Mission.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Most useful layout/Healing aliens
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 02:29:38 am »
Getting there, I'm beginning to kick over the anthills and capture commanders, 8 more alien bases to go. Have started the research on the waspite commander atm. Will leave the 2 ethereal bases to last. After a bit of testing there, I think what happened in my previous mission was I wasn't facing the waspite commander square on, as I'm able to heal a gazer soldier of his fatal wound while he lies stunned on the ground. I need to build an Avenger but I'm waiting on getting mass cannon weapons to equip it with, quite powerful but range is less than a battleship's weapons by a bit.
Spoiler:
So in conclusion build the avenger and capture a live Ethereal commander is all I really have to do I think before I can attack Cydonia but I wanting to wipe the aliens out as much as possible before then. Like I've $72 million in the bank and still have 10 funding countries near the middle of April 2000 so I have time unless you can lose 10 countries in 1 month. I've played games where I've lost 2 or even 3 in a bad month but usually that's early on and is about as bad as it gets. One other reason to clear all the remaing alien bases is that it will get rid of the almost non stop supply missions I'm getting atm, see attached picture.