aliens

Author Topic: Awesome extended ending  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Cooper

• Colonel
  • Chryssalids are awesome
    • View Profile
Awesome extended ending
« on: August 19, 2015, 03:58:28 pm »
Hos about making an extended ending, where you have to attack aliens om Mars just like they attack us on earth?
On the geoscape screen there would be an option to toggle between earth and Mars after you have researhed Cydonya or bust, for example. Then you would have to send crafts to Mars, looking for their bases, getting attacked by ufos, attacking their bases, and so on. To finish the  game you will have to find their main base by researching live aliens found in the other bases on Mars.

I always wanted the game to be like this! Would be super awesome   :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:05:25 pm by ufo7 »

Offline mrxian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome extended ending
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 06:25:23 pm »
I rather like the idea, assuming that mars includes some new tech to advance your soldiers on. But it sounds like a very hard mod to make.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 01:57:04 pm »
Hos about making an extended ending, where you have to attack aliens om Mars just like they attack us on earth?
On the geoscape screen there would be an option to toggle between earth and Mars after you have researhed Cydonya or bust, for example. Then you would have to send crafts to Mars, looking for their bases, getting attacked by ufos, attacking their bases, and so on. To finish the  game you will have to find their main base by researching live aliens found in the other bases on Mars.

I always wanted the game to be like this! Would be super awesome   :D

Yeah, I like it. Go for it. :)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 03:57:20 pm »
Sounds like fun.  Just concerned that working with no basis you might run out of steam...  but hey, if it works...

A map of Mars would be nice.  Maybe elerium wouldn't be an issue but you'll have to fight for alien food.  Food that can keep in the Martian conditions.  Would be interesting to have a 'mars terrain' map.  Guess you wouldn't get much variation in the terrain....

Offline Cooper

• Colonel
  • Chryssalids are awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 06:20:41 am »
Glad you like the idea! It could make the game even more interesting and longer.

The roles could be reversed here, with differend kinds of missions we could do on Mars:
-Harvesting: sending crafts to Mars to harvest for example elerium to take back to earth (or alien food!)
-Retaliation: looking for, and attacking their bases on Mars
-Research: gathering stuff on Mars to take home and research
-Base: sending crafts with supplies etc to build bases on Mars
-Supply: sending supplies to our bases on Mars, like soldiers, weapons and crafts

While we do this, the aliens will of course try to stop us. Maybe each mission could have a risk of beeing interupted by aliens.

And at the same time of course, we will have to defend earth in the same way as now.

Guess you wouldn't get much variation in the terrain....

Thats true, but at least we would still have missions on earth. And maybe some areas could have a lot of mountains and caves, some be more flat, and maybe we could have some kinds of alien cities.

But yeah, it could be a hard mod to make and I have no idea how to do it. Maybe some day in the future. Or maybe someone else like the idea enough to give it a try :D