aliens

Author Topic: [MAPS] New Terror Mission Map Blocks  (Read 116500 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAPS] New Terror Mission Map Blocks
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2014, 01:25:59 am »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2014, 03:02:09 am »
Our thanks as always Warboy!! We need to focus on making more tilesets. I wish we had money, so we can put up a competition for people to make tilesets. We'll have a long list of awesome maps to look forward to. The best one gets 10,000, that'd motivate people.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2014, 03:29:19 am »
I wish we had money, so we can put up a competition for people to make tilesets.

We can, uh... add their real names to the name files. :D

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2014, 05:08:25 am »
yeah that could work, unless they learn how to do that themselves.

I just had my first Night Terror Mission with this map. I thought I was gonna lose! The map was huge and each turn moving out, I kept losing someone. That dragonskin doesn't do much on Superhuman >< It's a great tileset though, I can't wait to see the rest of the mapblocks!

Also I see you add those plasma sniper rifles in the early game, Solarius... My guys are easy kills now.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2014, 05:50:32 am »
I just had my first Night Terror Mission with this map. I thought I was gonna lose! The map was huge and each turn moving out, I kept losing someone. That dragonskin doesn't do much on Superhuman >< It's a great tileset though, I can't wait to see the rest of the mapblocks!

What can I say? I can't wait to see it myself!

Also I see you add those plasma sniper rifles in the early game, Solarius... My guys are easy kills now.

At least they have no auto shot... And are still weaker than heavy plasma.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »
These Terror Missions are awesome... Just went through my second mission and they're always huge! Debriefing showed I went up against 23 aliens wtfffff! Lost half of my operatives and even lost my Captain, but none of my ops lose any morale from him dying.

I couldn't get into the basement the normal way, I was able to go down by destroying the southern wall. The basement I'm talking about has t.v. on the left side of the entrance on the surface.

Also found a reaper on the second floor of the tall apartment building, uselessly hiding inside a room. He was helpless to my Breacher's shotgun to his face lol

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2014, 11:06:07 am »
These Terror Missions are awesome... Just went through my second mission and they're always huge! Debriefing showed I went up against 23 aliens wtfffff! Lost half of my operatives and even lost my Captain, but none of my ops lose any morale from him dying.

I couldn't get into the basement the normal way, I was able to go down by destroying the southern wall. The basement I'm talking about has t.v. on the left side of the entrance on the surface.

Also found a reaper on the second floor of the tall apartment building, uselessly hiding inside a room. He was helpless to my Breacher's shotgun to his face lol

Glad to see these maps getting some play, they have been sitting around gathering some Dust for some time... I know they may be Too big and complex for some players but if your like me, the game is no fun if your not getting slaughterer by the enemy.
As for the bugs, see if you can manage a screenshot, this makes this easier for someone to do a fix...

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2014, 11:14:49 pm »
Hey Luke, I agree.
Also want to say your maps are top quality, I won't be removing your mod for a long time. I take over 30 minutes fighting those evil aliens in your maps. Intense :) and hope you and others can continue fixing this mods.

I'm not sure if it's this mod or the latest nightly build as of right now, but I cannot get into a terror mission in New Battle on the main menu. The game will CTD without an error window. The other maps work fine, but not TERROR MISSION. Anyone having this issue with or without this mod?

I'll get a picture next time I get into another Terror Mission in my campaign, since it doesn't work in "New Battle" right now.

Offline harry

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2014, 04:26:33 am »
I'm not sure if it's this mod or the latest nightly build as of right now, but I cannot get into a terror mission in New Battle on the main menu. The game will CTD without an error window.

It is the opposite for me.

New Battle works with those maps but OXCom crashes before starting a terror mission during a campaign.

I only noticed a warning "[WARN]   yaml-cpp: error at line 0, column 0: bad file" in the log.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2014, 04:51:44 am »
Wow I see. How the heck do we solve this then :\

Anyways, I forgot to take screenshots just so others can see what they're gonna get themselves into, but I was going against Sectoids and it's really tough, but this time I only went against 18 of them with Cyberdiscs. I saw some basement floor areas from shooting a rocket into a building, but I didn't attempt to go down because I probably will get my guy stuck inside that hole. Strange it's April in my campaign and I've only had 1 normal mission each month before I get a Terror Mission, but I'm not complaining, I really just want to keep playing on them ;) all my time is spent organizing my operatives, suiting them up, and setting them up in squads before watching them scatter >< I wish I can get them to work together in separate teams, but I lose guys quickly and I end up mixing them up to cover the nearest operative.

I had a lot of mods installed, so my problem might be involved with a certain mod causing this.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2014, 07:36:11 am »
sounds to me like one or more of the map blocks cause problems, and the randomness of the maps means it's not always showing up, leading to some people having it fail in new battle and some in campaign. the question is which one(s) and why.

Offline harry

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2014, 02:42:00 pm »
sounds to me like one or more of the map blocks cause problems

Further info, the terror mission crash only if I'm using a lightning or an avenger.
The skyranger and a mod added skyranger don't crash the map.

I deactivated the alloy craft mod and tried a new battle mission with an avenger but the problem remains.

So there is something wrong about the lightning and avenger in my game setup.
But the thing is I don't remember using a mod for the lightning or the avenger...

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2014, 06:13:09 pm »
sounds to me like one or more of the map blocks cause problems, and the randomness of the maps means it's not always showing up, leading to some people having it fail in new battle and some in campaign. the question is which one(s) and why.
It would be nice to be able to force a specific random seed for the generator.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2014, 09:52:52 pm »
It would be nice to be able to force a specific random seed for the generator.
If you have a campaign save beforehand, it should always generate the same map. Nice idea for the skirmish mode though.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2014, 12:50:52 am »
You got it right harry! I had the Lightning selected, but switched to Skyranger and it worked. Warboy plzzzzzz :)

Also by random seed generator, you mean grab all the mapblocks from every map set and mix them up, right? That would be really neat.