Author Topic: [TFTD] Dead End Techs Becoming Useful  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[TFTD] Dead End Techs Becoming Useful
« on: August 19, 2015, 12:04:49 am »
Would be cool if a mod made dead end techs worth a damn.

For example, a completed interrogation and autopsy would each give your soldiers +10% damage vs aliens of that species.

Whenever you research a ufo type, your interceptors gain a 20% damage bonus vs ships of that type.

Researching Alien Cryogenics, Alien Cloning and Alien Reanimation Zones might allow you to in turn research Advanced Medicine; this would allow for the construction of a Medical Facility that could:
  • Clone soldiers (over a long period of time; 1-2 months)
  • Accelerate wound recovery times and research times for biological research topics (mostly alien interrogations/autopsies).
  • Improve stats/grant special abilities via genetic engineering at the cost of $$$ and alien corpses for genetic material (specific improvements might require alien autopsies/interrogations; a soldier could further only accommodate so much genetic modification); while being 'modified' a soldier is not usable,
  • Apply implants (see below).

Researching Alien Implanter and Alien Learning Arrays + Advanced Medicine grants access to the Cybernetic Implant research topic; this allows you to manufacture a variety of implants for your Soldiers that grants them various benefits; for example, using MC innately, increased resistance to MC, nightvision, increases to certain stats (accuracy in particular), lets them develop skills more quickly, slowly regenerate health and fatal wounds (up to a maximum; say 75% of max health; at mission end it counts as though the soldier has regenerated to this point) and energy, etc.

Individual implants might require further research in the form of alien autopsies/interrogations (Lobstermen for Nightvision as an example, Tasoth for MC implants, etc). Each soldier can only accommodate a very limited number of implants.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:15:32 pm by Surrealistik »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] Dead End Techs Becoming Useful
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 04:32:49 am »
You will probably have to use OpenXcom Extended by Yankes. However he hasn't updated it for TftD yet.

You can find the thread here

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 06:06:54 pm »
Yeah, these are cool ideas. I've actually implemented some of them, or similar, myself. But most would require coding, and Yankes can't do everything by himself :)

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 05:03:12 am »
Very good ideas, I must say. However, with great ideas, come the greatest problem. Who's gonna do it?