aliens

Author Topic: Power Glove  (Read 5582 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Power Glove
« on: August 18, 2015, 03:50:03 pm »
I was wondering if it's possible to tweak this melee weapon to act like the hammer out of Piratez as per the ufopaedia descrption: "A state-of-the-art close-combat weapon, the Power-Glove gives your troops enormous destruction capabilities," it sounds like you might be able to swipe your way through hedges and wooden walls/fences at least.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:51:36 pm by SIMON »

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Power Glove
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 02:16:57 am »
Must...resist...urge...to quote The Wizard.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:36:40 pm »
I've now tried this using the info for the hammer in pirates.rul as a guide, I get the snap command to appear in battlescape but game crashes to desktop when I tried to hit anything, any advice?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 07:26:44 pm »
Define it not as a melee weapon, but as normal weapon.
Add a maxRange of 1.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 07:49:55 pm »
I thought I had covered all this by changing the rul file to this:

items:
  - type: STR_GLOVE
    size: 0.2
    costSell: 11000
    weight: 12
    bigSprite: 165
    floorSprite: 98
    handSprite: 312
    bulletSprite: 5
    hitSound: 62
    hitAnimation: 36
    power: 115
    damageType: 3
    strengthApplied: true
    blastRadius: 0
    accuracySnap: 125
    tuSnap: 24
    flatRate: true
    clipSize: -1
    battleType: 1
    twoHanded: false
    invWidth: 1
    invHeight: 2
    maxRange: 1
    bulletSpeed: 50
    attraction: 6
    armor: 85
    listOrder: 1798

Or have I messed up on something very simple, which wouldn't be unlike me. Surely if you have maxRange=1 you don't need to define snapRange as 1 too? Just to be thorough I checked it again, see attached save and screenshots and as soon as I strike the wooden wall it crashes to desktop. Thanks for all your help.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 01:54:22 pm »
Piratez Hammer probably uses custom hitsound and/or hitanimation.
If you just copied entry from .rul file, but dont have resources defined there - well, game would crash.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 05:12:25 pm »
Yep removing the hitSound and HitAnimation seems to have done the trick, will now happily swipe my way through hedges & fences galore. It has no sound for hitting or animation but hey it works crudely, any thoughts on this would be gratefully accepted. Attached is the updated version, perhaps some nice folks will try it out and see what they think. Did a test there and it made a hole in a hedge, fence, wooden buildings and was even able to bring sectopods down those with at least 3 hits from the rear, double that from the front. It also seems to effective against muton elites although several hits are needed to down an alien. That assumes you're able to get point blank with a sectopod or muton in the first place without being creamed. I reduced the power of the glove from its original value as strength is added and I wanted a weapon that would get more damaging as you got stronger without being op or be able to mash through outer ufo hulls. Credit goes to Civilian whose original mod I have tweaked to enable partial terrain destruction.