Author Topic: Spectre Suit  (Read 9513 times)

Offline nadir-1648

• Captain
  • Oh yes, this is going to be dreadful.
    • View Profile
Spectre Suit
« on: November 20, 2015, 08:09:43 am »
Yay, armour that can tank Heavy Plasma hits very reliably indeed!

The Spectre Suit is an endgame armour set researchable after you get all other armour and research Cydonia or Bust. It outclasses all other (vanilla) armour except in its inability to fly.

Thanks to:
-----------------------------
Hobbes, chaosshade, Warboy, SupSuper, hellrazor
For tolerating my blundering and helping me get it working

XOps
For making the battlesprites, corpse bigob and corpse floorob which I bastardised slightly modified into what they are here.

edit:
hellrazor
For deborking the floorob :p

Updated the mod with the new one
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:00:24 pm by nadir »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Spectre Suit
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 08:40:21 am »
Hi,

The floorob file is missing Background transparency.
Attached corrected FloorOb :>

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 02:19:16 pm »
I was wondering, now that I read the description text of the ufopaedia-entry: Is there any armour out there (=mod), that actually does honor its pledge, to support movement on the battle field? I mean, this one tells: »Advanced sensor arrays and motors allow the wearer to be much more effective on the field.«, the vanilla powersuit is supposed to enhance »speed and strength«, as it says. But the stats of units aren't improved at all, when wearing a suit. The only type(s), that actually do anything else, than just increase armour, are the flying suits. Is there any way to actually create an armour, that does increase other stats, when weared? Let's say in strength, speed and/or accuracy?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 02:34:25 pm »
Yay, armour that can tank Heavy Plasma hits very reliably indeed!

The Spectre Suit is an endgame armour set researchable after you get all other armour and research Cydonia or Bust. It outclasses all other (vanilla) armour except in its inability to fly.

Good job. :)

Hmmmm... I just might add this as an alien to Redux, if that's OK with you.

Is there any way to actually create an armour, that does increase other stats, when weared? Let's say in strength, speed and/or accuracy?

Yes, this is completely possible. The first mod that pops into my mind that uses this is the League of Superheros mod, and there are others.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 02:37:19 pm »
So it'd be possible to do also the exact opposite? I'm thinking: An armour, that shields you from fire, increases psi, but lowers accuracy and speed. Or the other way around. One could play a lot with this. =)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 02:58:40 pm »
Welcome to the club. Once your wildest fantasies grow beyond the huge moddability of armor stats/bonuses provided by OXC, try OXCE :P

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 03:02:20 pm »
Well, maybe I should try it, as I'm getting a bit fed up from (almost) vanilla X-COM. :P

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 04:30:37 pm »
Both the FMP and Piratez use armors that change stats. I am pretty sure XenoOps does as well. It is possible to change pretty much any stat currently in OpenXCom, and OXCE gives you even more possibilities, like changing how stamina and morale recovery works.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 04:49:23 pm »
Both the FMP and Piratez use armors that change stats. I am pretty sure XenoOps does as well. It is possible to change pretty much any stat currently in OpenXCom, and OXCE gives you even more possibilities, like changing how stamina and morale recovery works.

Stat modification is pretty cool, i was finally able to increase Stamina and Strength for Power and Flying suits.

Offline nadir-1648

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 05:50:29 pm »
Hi,

The floorob file is missing Background transparency.
Attached corrected FloorOb :>
And updated OP, thanks :>

I was wondering, now that I read the description text of the ufopaedia-entry: Is there any armour out there (=mod), that actually does honor its pledge, to support movement on the battle field? I mean, this one tells: »Advanced sensor arrays and motors allow the wearer to be much more effective on the field.«

And indeed it does, judging from the ruleset. It should add TUs, firing accuracy and reactions. If it doesn't there's a problem o.O"

Hmmmm... I just might add this as an alien to Redux, if that's OK with you.

Sure, go ahead  :)

Welcome to the club. Once your wildest fantasies grow beyond the huge moddability of armor stats/bonuses provided by OXC, try OXCE :P

Yeah, that would go nowhere considering how long it took me to get a single item working :p

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 02:47:28 pm »
I don't know, if it's some sort of problem in combination with other mods, but when I stand on top of a floater corpse, it shows the text of a floater corpse in the inventory, but the picture of a damaged specter suit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 04:16:40 pm »
I don't know, if it's some sort of problem in combination with other mods, but when I stand on top of a floater corpse, it shows the text of a floater corpse in the inventory, but the picture of a damaged specter suit.

There are two possibilities I can think of:
1) The sprite number in the ruleset is incorrect. (Unlikely, it wouldn't work for anyone)
2) The sprite number in the ruleset is correct, but higher than 1000. (may cause trouble exactly as you described)

Offline nadir-1648

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 11:01:47 pm »

'Twas an issue with the numbering, as Solarius Scorch described. Corrected and posted the updated version in the top post. Thanks for catching that.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 01:45:17 pm »
Thanks for your efforts.