aliens

Author Topic: (corrected ) create draw rout 22 a 1 tile Xarquid is it possible?  (Read 4403 times)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hey guys seems I was misinformed . I corrected my suggestion request.

I noticed drawing routine 12 (BioDrone ) and 15 (Hallucinoid) share the same drawing routine except that BioDrone has a 3 frame death animation.

Would it be possible to do something similar with Xarquid by only using one of the 4 tiles for animation to create a 1 tile xarquid-type unit?

I'm even thinking of a floater routine but with cont anim enabled and only use the body / death frames ignoring all other frames.

Old message below. Ignore

Would it be possible to change tentaculat drawing routine to use complete set of 8 frames continually for each direction rather than just 1st frame only?

This would allow the possibility of 1 tile xarquid type unit.

This anim will play continually and knowing the pck for tentaculat has a copy of the same frame 8 times it will not affect gameplay at all.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:27:08 pm by tollworkout »

Offline AndO3131

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if i understand, but standard tentaculat has only one animation frame per direction, starting at frame 8. Can you show me the file you're talking about?

Apart from that, currently there is no drawingroutine for a unit of that type. It would have to be coded in as a new drawingroutine.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Oh no. Seems like it's my bad.

You will need a new drawing routine that shares same one as Xarquid but 1 tile only.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if i understand, but standard tentaculat has only one animation frame per direction, starting at frame 8. Can you show me the file you're talking about?

Apart from that, currently there is no drawingroutine for a unit of that type. It would have to be coded in as a new drawingroutine.

I have corrected and re-written my request after you pointed out the error. For some reason when I extracted the sprites they had empty spaces in between perhaps an older version of TFTD?

Could it be done using say floater spritesheet but fill in only the body  and enable continous anim on it? I'm thinking of shortcuts as much as possible.

Offline AndO3131

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: (corrected ) create draw rout 22 a 1 tile Xarquid is it possible?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 12:34:26 am »
I noticed drawing routine 12 (BioDrone ) and 15 (Hallucinoid) share the same drawing routine except that BioDrone has a 3 frame death animation.

Would it be possible to do something similar with Xarquid by only using one of the 4 tiles for animation to create a 1 tile xarquid-type unit?

For now it's possible to create 1 tile xarquid-type unit without a death animation. You would need 4 animation sprites in every direction for this new unit. After that you create this set of files:
Code: [Select]
FILE_0.png -- 1st animation frame facing top-right
FILE_1.png -- 2nd animation frame facing top-right
FILE_2.png -- 3rd animation frame facing top-right
FILE_3.png -- 4th animation frame facing top-right
FILE_4.png to FILE_15.png -- dummy files unused by the unit, maybe not even needed; you would have to check
FILE_16.png -- 1st animation frame facing right
FILE_17.png -- 2nd animation frame facing right
FILE_18.png -- 3rd animation frame facing right
FILE_19.png -- 4th animation frame facing right
FILE_20.png to FILE_31.png -- dummy files

In short create sprite structure of a xarquid, but for 1-tile unit. This unit would use "drawRoutine: 21".
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:37:21 am by AndO3131 »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 12:53:43 am »
Thank you AndO3131

I assume this would work fine with loft size of 1 tile like any regular unit
loftemp: [3] # if i remember correctly

i wanna make a simple 1 tile unit

I noticed biodrone does essentially same thing on a hallucinoid type sprite

Whenever I open any pck from TFTD my pckview crashes all the time . I can't even verify this. I will need a template for xarquid.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 04:09:01 am »
pretty sure that deathFrames is a property you can set in the ruleset
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:13:28 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 04:16:50 am »
i'm gonna try it out cause i'm making a fly like monster with constant wing flap animation and direction.  i will post here how it turned out. i managed to find a xarquid spritesheet online