Author Topic: Feedback from OpenXCOM TFTD  (Read 9840 times)

Offline tifa77

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback from OpenXCOM TFTD
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 03:32:13 pm »
Here is a save with one alien in plain view. Killing him ends the mission. The score screen comes up, after which the game crashes.

The save titled 'just fuck my shit up' (titled that way due to getting wiped on the last run) is just prior to the mission.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 04:54:00 pm »
caught it, fixed. i wonder if it's the same bug that's logged on the tracker at the moment.

Offline tifa77

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »
thanks for staying on top of things.

Offline DarkGam3r

• Squaddie
  • Frying Lobstermen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:52 am »
Game seems to crash when ending a mission by psi capturing a zombie.

Offline Sectiplave

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 07:56:27 am »
As someone who has played and finished vanilla TFTD/UFO many many times since the late 90's my lack of knowledge of OpenXcom is a surprise to me.

I've started a new play through yesterday on Genius (give myself a chance to warm up again right?) with some of the default mods turned on (I'm a huge fan of hot grenades) and by the gods! This is an amazing improvement, it has really brought new life to my love of TFTD. In fact I feel soo spoiled by the resolution adjustments and keybindings that I don't think I'll be able to go back to Vanilla ;D

I've been playing heavily over the past few days and haven't experienced anything odd so far, but it's still an adjustment coming from majority vanilla TFTD and a little bit of TFTD extender. Can someone point me in the direction of getting the PSX CD music working? I have all the files in .ogg format.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 11:32:47 am »
look at the musics.rul file in standard/xcom2/
rename your .OGG files accordingly
pop them in your TFTD/SOUND/ folder.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:38:19 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline Sectiplave

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 01:29:32 am »
Thanks Warboy :)

Playing a terror mission last night I notice the biodrones melee attack is still bugged (they have no melee accuracy stat assigned I think was the original bug?) I watched one attempt to hit a civvie 4 times a row, then the civvie wandered off like he remembered he forgot his lunch.

Maybe he was just REALLY lucky? I ended up abandoning the mission (aqua plastic armor....) so I didn't get to see more examples.

EDIT; I also found a bug where I had killed all enemies in the second stage of a colony mission and destroyed the synonium device but the mission would not end. When I clicked end turn it didn't even flash enemy turn, I enabled debug and used the force end mission command and it was the same when I would abort or force end the mission, 44 kills vs. 44 kills one live alien. I suspect maybe the live alien had bugged.... however I am a dummy and I over wrote the save file :( will work on replicating this if possible, but it takes a serious amount of time to clear the second stage colony, cursed lobstermen!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:13:55 am by Sectiplave »