Author Topic: [Solved] TFTD modding related crash - not sure if I should make a bug report  (Read 3343 times)

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
Currently we're supposed to be testing vanilla game, not mods, so my first thought would be "no don't report it for now". OTOH it's a bug that occurs even if the mod doesn't make a change...

So here's the bug: If a mod contains a copy of items.rul then my game will crash in the battlescape if I use the little icon to center on an alien a soldier sees.

- I had this problem with 08_07_2335 and 08_09_1522. I updated items.rul in both places when I tested (in case it changed).
- it happens even if the only other thing in the mod is a metadata.yml file containing only master: xcom2
- it does NOT happen if I delete the contents of items.rul and leave a blank ruleset file.

Apparently OXC is having a problem loading something in items.rul as a mod but loads it fine when it's the default game. Anyway I just use a mod to cheat and give me cool stuff like bigger facilities so the game progresses faster and I can do that without items.rul.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:53:08 pm by darkestaxe »

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
I found out what exactly was causing the crash and made a bug report. Turns out it's the floor sprite for zrbite.

If anyone wants to mod with items.rul they just need to comment one line:
Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_ZRBITE
    # floorSprite: 79

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
mods are not yet supported for tftd, sorry.

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
mods are not yet supported for tftd, sorry.

I know, that's why I posted the work-around. I put it into the bug-tracker so it would be there when the time is right.

Apology unnecessary, you're working your butt off for free and I'm enjoying a beautiful TFTD experience, thankyou so much!