Author Topic: Starting Problems TFTD Box just closing after second time of starting - with fix  (Read 2870 times)

Offline dschmied

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hi i just played OpenXcom TFTD and it's amazing! Thanks for Your Great work.
I found a Bug?! and a fix for it, so i wanted to share this with you.

Well now a day later i wanted to continue. I just clicked openxcom.exe and the box opens runs 3 secs and then closes.
Well after a little testing and whatsoever i didnt get it to start. And replaced all Data, with the same, still no working TFTD :-(

But after some editor reading of the files i found the options.cfg

Theres some part which looks like this:
mods:
  - active: true
    id: xcom2
  - active: false
    id: xcom1

and i thought to myself maybe he got problems starting with TFTD directly (since i had to start UFO first and then switch to TFTD under Mods Tab) and tada i switched the active states and saved it, looked like this:
mods:
  - active: false
    id: xcom2
  - active: true
    id: xcom1

And tried to start the game. And tadaaa it worked, it started UFO again first, but with change under Mods to TFTD it restarted the Client and did the Magic. I could return to my Game and all was perfect.

I have to repeat this procedure every single time i want to play TFTD again and since i searched for a long time i tought you might need this useful.

Thanks OpenXcom for this awesome Game again :-)
Sincerly Daniel

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
i suspect the TFTD intro is the cause of your problems, try disabling it to see if you can start tftd directly. if that proves to be the case then i suspect the problem is that you have the slideshow intro and not the movie, and that you're using a music pack that doesn't include the intro track.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Try disabling the intro and see if that solves your problem.

Offline dschmied

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
I just tried it, just like you said. Worked fabulous :-)

changed
  playIntro: true

into
  playIntro: false

and Worked perfektly :-)

Thanks again, no more editing needed ;-)
Daniel