Author Topic: [WIP] Chiko's Alternate Xcom  (Read 145532 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: New weapon graphics
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2014, 05:59:20 pm »
Also, Solarius Scorch. I read somewhere each line containing these numbers equals a month. Your table being a lot bigger than the vanilla one means the alien's item progression takes over 30 months to reach the latest loadout, am I right?

If so then I will make mine bigger too. I had no idea you could just add more and I definitely like that idea. :3

Yes, correct. I like playing long games, and the last row is repeated infinitely, so I wanted it to take a bit longer until this happens and every month is the same.

For the updated extended version called Alien Armoury Expanded, I actually added another loadout per each enemy, so now they're numbered from 0 to 3. You can do this if you want more variability.

-Acid gun sounds weird. I also totally forgot there's an acid damage in the game. Hmm...

I actually made one in the Alien Armoury Expanded, using a sprite I got from Civilian. :) See attachment.

Offline Arcalane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2014, 06:44:01 pm »
-Acid gun sounds weird. I also totally forgot there's an acid damage in the game. Hmm...

Probably because the only creature type to use it is probably the rarely-ever-seen Celatid. It's apparently one of the most powerful non-explosive attacks in the game.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2014, 01:17:42 am »
That Toxigun reminds me a lot of Xcom Apoc. Nice.

Also, just a thought. I just had the idea of using alien corpses to "manufacture" units. Kinda like Necromancy. xD

Also, can you add live xcom soldiers as ingredients to manufacture units? Cyborg units is an idea that has been in my notes for ages.

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2014, 02:22:35 am »
@ Chiko

Also, can you add live xcom soldiers as ingredients to manufacture units? Cyborg units is an idea that has been in my notes for ages.

Wounded Soldier --> Robocop.  :)

Quoting myself:

I want both.  :)

Mechanized Robots (aka BattleMechs, aka Mechs) controlled by human pilots in cockpit.

Think "Mech Commander 1" (with management of various weapons and equipments, ammunitions, skills and experience of the pilots, repairs, purchases, etc.).

HWPs, available throughout the game, low cost.
Mechs, only available later in game after different researches (to be determined), high cost.

Mechs can be considered as different "Armors" by the current game engine.

"Prepare me:

2 Commando-A for scouting and observation.
1 Raven-J for reco, electronic warfare and quick action.
1 Hollander II-A for close support.
1 Hunchback-A for urban combat.
1 Catapult-W for long range support.
1 Atlas-A for direct assault.
and
1 Refit Truck for repairs and ammunitions.

Sectopods, we are coming."  :D

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2014, 02:49:29 am »
I once suggested a "Walker Chassis" out of Sectopod research...

i actually took that idea and ran with it, pretty sure it got repackaged into a standalone mod at some point...

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2014, 03:11:43 am »
i actually took that idea and ran with it, pretty sure it got repackaged into a standalone mod at some point...
Is it that one that uses a recolored sectopod or one not in the openXcom mod section?

I found another mock picture of that suggestion:

It would be cool if Chassis and Turret were separated items and you could have one HWP type and a choice of Turrets instead of Different HWPs with build in Turrents.

Offline Arcalane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2014, 03:27:50 am »
It would be cool if Chassis and Turret were separated items and you could have one HWP type and a choice of Turrets instead of Different HWPs with build in Turrents.

...that would be really neat, actually. More modularity/flexibility. You'd have less risk of incompatibilities or mismatches between mods (such as XComUtil's better-HWPs not applying to custom HWPs like the Tank/Minigun) since they can just add new turret choices for existing base types.

With a little ingenuity you might even be able to make it so tanks could share (some) weapons with craft, meaning you only need a base HWP chassis and a Laser/Plasma Cannon, instead of having to make a seperate Turret/Laser or Turret/Plasma. Obviously giving them Avalanches might be a bit much... ;)

I know you can use corpses for production (cf. armour repair mod) but I don't know about live soldiers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:30:25 am by Arcalane »

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2014, 10:11:29 am »
I found another mock picture of that suggestion:

use https://falkooxc.pythonanywhere.com/makegif to make new hwps
see drawingroutine11/tank01b there you have 4 "walking" animations + turrets replace the animation frames with with the images from template x_rob and move the turret in the tank01b template up and you have finished 80% of the work

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2014, 11:10:03 pm »
Thanks for the link. I was looking for Tank sprites the other day. Also, what's the split me button for? every time I try to use it, it just goes all Internal Server Error on me.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2014, 11:28:49 pm »
you download the tmaplate change it and upload the changed template
if it does not work post the file/drawingroutine you upload
the splitting makes aut of the full animation frame the block wise spritesheet one can use in OXC

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2014, 12:21:20 pm »
Chiko, do you think you could make attached weapons 32X48 sized, and include them in your next rar archive, so that they become usable ?
(in order to use them with Daedalus's creation/adaptation)
I tried to do so without success...

It's ok now  :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:31:52 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2014, 09:05:17 am »
Sorry about the inactivity, lads. I've been hooked on a new game plus job stuff but I will come back eventually. :3

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2014, 11:57:14 am »
Sorry about the inactivity, lads. I've been hooked on a new game plus job stuff but I will come back eventually. :3
Don't worry, I am now autonomous  :)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2014, 03:42:18 am »
Hi Chiko, as I am now autonomous, I decided to include Terran weapons in my mod
I will also use your technique to design alien weapons handles as attached
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:47:51 am by Aldorn »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado