aliens

Author Topic: [WIP] Chiko's Alternate Xcom  (Read 147461 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon graphics
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2014, 07:47:53 pm »
Sweet looking weapons, Aldorn.  :D
Thank you, but I only apply ideas or modify creation of others  :-[
Result
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:52:19 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Chiko's Alternate Xcom
« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2015, 08:45:30 am »
It's been a while but I finally managed to drag myself into modding this game again. I'm moving to another city so I will have less free time than before but I'm also giving the other games I'm modding a rest plus I found all my mod files after my old lappy died so I have all the tools to keep at it. I just need to remember how to mod all the things. xD

Sooo... I see here the next thing to change is Fusion Weapons and I see I was also working in a flamethrower weapon called Spitfire, which was basically a short range fireball thrower. I remember I abandoned the concept because fire damage did almost no damage no matter the damage set in the code. Is that different now or is that still the same?

Oh, I also changed the thread a bit since it's no longer a sprite repository. :P

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [WIP] Chiko's Alternate Xcom
« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2015, 09:23:11 am »
Welcome back!

Fire does around 10 damage per turn (including the initial hit), as always, ignoring armor (but adjusts for Fire Resistance). The Power attribute simply governs its blast radius, nothing more. However you can deal more damage by simply making your weapon to fire multiple projectiles.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2015, 10:43:44 am »
Or alter the damageModifier of all armors: If you set it to 3.0 for example, everybody takes triple damage.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2015, 01:24:52 pm »
welcome back, chiko, you were missed :)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Chiko's Alternate Xcom
« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »
It's been a while but I finally managed to drag myself into modding this game again. I'm moving to another city so I will have less free time than before but I'm also giving the other games I'm modding a rest plus I found all my mod files after my old lappy died so I have all the tools to keep at it. I just need to remember how to mod all the things. xD

Sooo... I see here the next thing to change is Fusion Weapons and I see I was also working in a flamethrower weapon called Spitfire, which was basically a short range fireball thrower. I remember I abandoned the concept because fire damage did almost no damage no matter the damage set in the code. Is that different now or is that still the same?

Oh, I also changed the thread a bit since it's no longer a sprite repository. :P
Welcome back :)

You can check out my special build: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.0.html
It allow to change how fire behave, it can do direct damage like rest of damage types.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2015, 11:31:04 pm »
Thanks, lads. Glad to be back!

Also, I followed Yrizoud's suggestion on fire resistance and it works like a charm. Fire is actually hazardous now.

-Unarmored characters, human or alien, will be 2.5x to 3x weak to damage.
-Lightly armored characters will receive the normal 1x damage.
-Armored characters, including HWPs, will be unafected by the new changes.
-Characters weak to fire will be 4x to 4.5x weak to fire.

I've thought about making a HWP with a Spitfire cannon too, now that this is possible. It will probably have a slightly longer range.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:56:35 am by Chiko »

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2015, 06:06:05 am »
Hmm... actually, Imma reduce those numbers a little bit. Walking over fire should not instakill the next turn. :P

Also, is there a way to change the explosive sound of bullets that explode? The Spitfire Cannon fires 5 firebolts with really low accuracy to it works like "spread" firing. But I'd like to remove the explosion sound and just add a new one. Is it possible?

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2015, 07:17:46 pm »
Alright, new mod update. It includes:

-Added a new weapon, Spitfire Canon. It's basically a flamethrower that fires 5 bolts at short range. It's as useful as it's dangerous to use since the bolts explode and leave flames on the ground.
-Alien Grenade is now called Fusion Grenade.
-Blaster Launcher now called Fusion Blaster.
-Researching any Fusion Tech (Fusion Grenade, Fusion Blaster or Blaster Bomb) will give you the Alien Fusion Weapons Ufopedia Entry.
-Soon after researching a fusion weapon, your agents will be allowed to use them but manufacturing them won't be possible.
-Upon researching all Fusion Weapons, a new research will appear, Fusion Technology Adaptation.
-Researching that will allow you to manufacture fusion grenades and will unlock the rest of the fusion adaptation research, including Craft, HWP and Facility Weapons.
-Stun Liquid now called Stun Polymer.
-Changed the background image for the stun polymer research.
-Craft Stingray and Avalanche missiles have a different firing sound.
-Fixed the bug that unlocked autopsy research even though you already had them unlocked.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2015, 05:07:13 am »
Hmm... It seems messing with the maxRange in a weapon disables the reaction shot. Agents with Spitfire Cannons just stay there even with full action points. Reaction Fire would be a double edge sword because of the short range and explosive bolts but it would still be nice against Chrysalids.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2015, 08:53:44 am »
Hmm... It seems messing with the maxRange in a weapon disables the reaction shot.

Can't confirm that, I'm getting proper reaction shots even with maxRange=1 weapons. There must be another reason for that.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2015, 04:40:53 pm »
Can't confirm that, I'm getting proper reaction shots even with maxRange=1 weapons. There must be another reason for that.
Hmm... maybe it's the fact that the Spitfire only fires in auto mode? I think there's no such way as auto mode reaction fire.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2015, 04:48:36 pm »
Reaction fire is only ever snap fire, iirc.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2015, 04:59:43 pm »
Reaction fire is only ever snap fire, iirc.
Oh noes... that would also mean the Auto Cannon has no reaction fire either. It only has auto mode too. D:

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2015, 05:24:52 pm »
You can try use "shotgunPellets" property to make it shoot multiples times.