Author Topic: Hallucinoid ranged weapon  (Read 3629 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hallucinoid ranged weapon
« on: August 06, 2015, 05:49:04 pm »
After a few hours of trying with a mod, an easier if dirtier solution is to add the following lines to the Hallucinoid in units.rul of XCOM2.

builtInWeapons:
      - STR_HALLUCINOID_WEAPON
      - STR_TRIBIO_SONIC_WEAPON
      - STR_TRIBIO_SONIC_WEAPON_AMMO

Spoiler:
Also reduced the firing accuracy down to 60 from 80 otherwise the stated aimed shot accuracy is 99%. This reduces aimed to 74% and snap to 63% which is still very nasty but could be tweaked more as I want the aquanauts to have a chance after all.

Do not look at the pictures in the attached if you want a nasty surprise as 1 of them gives the information in the spoiler. Thes are based on superhuman difficulty level.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Hallucinoid ranged weapon
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:04:16 pm »
Editing the core rulesets is a pretty bad idea.. and will be overwritten next time you update OpenXCom (if you put it in the same directory). You can do the exact same thing in a mod, as it will modify the built-in weapons of the hallucinoid.

Did you tweak the hallucinoid's stats or the biodrone's sonic weapon's stats? If you did the later, you then also nerfed the biodrone...

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 06:26:56 pm »
I just tweaked the firing accuracy of the Hallucinoid. I did try to create a mod but I must have been leaving something out, don't know what though (I put in items, units, armor and ufopedia entries from the relevant parts of xcom2 concerning a Hallucinoid in a .rul file with those 3 lines in units) but when I tested it on battlemode the game crashed, where as adding those 3 lines worked fine. Usually unless it is fixing game crashing bugs I don't change the nightly half way through a run through but surely I could just put them lines into a newer nightly if needed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:12:10 am »
biodrone has by default tftd about 99%+ accuracy  and same with hallucinoid. the idea is biodrone can be seen by burning ground and dies easy and hallucinoid is big and clunky and usually plays really passive just sniping your soldiers. tftd has some ridiculous stats on their units. what's up with lobsterman? but i like it im keeping it vanilla . tftd is incredibly difficult. more  difficult than ufo defense. 

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 10:03:13 am »
just for the record, the hallucinoid did not have a ranged weapon in anybody's version of TFTD, ever.
and don't be surprised that you can't mod TFTD properly, as there is only minimal, if any, support for modding TFTD right now.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 04:41:54 pm »
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Hallucinoid

has a melee and ranged stun attack. tftd messed up on a few creatures making some attacks not work properly or forgetting to implement some. yes is true it did not have a ranged attack is supposed to have one based on ufopaedia. and is a stun based ranged attack.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 04:46:05 pm »
check the talk page ;)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 05:51:31 pm »
read the whole thing :) 

i could have sworn hallucinoids had a ranged weapon  haha  i guess i remember the ufopaedia.orgrmation