aliens

Author Topic: make an online mod installation program  (Read 2239 times)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
make an online mod installation program
« on: August 07, 2015, 08:28:38 am »
probably suggested before but someone should make a mod installation program that reads the list of all mods on the mod site and downloads packages and installs them in the mod folder .  probably the site owner needs to make a few backdoor adjustments maybe a php file that can give some basic easy mod information in xml format. then parse that. i have no idea how to write windows apps haha. i just know the generic concept.  is similar to that nightly  auto update app.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
Re: make an online mod installation program
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 02:45:43 pm »
probably suggested before but someone should make a mod installation program that reads the list of all mods on the mod site and downloads packages and installs them in the mod folder .  probably the site owner needs to make a few backdoor adjustments maybe a php file that can give some basic easy mod information in xml format. then parse that. i have no idea how to write windows apps haha. i just know the generic concept.  is similar to that nightly  auto update app.

Yep.. I'm slowly working on it.   Not ready for testing yet or deployment.  I've got most of the web parsing down.  Jo5hua is supposed to be fixing the API to the mod portal that I'm still waiting on that will make it easier to get mod information.   Right now, I'm learning how to make the GUI in a new a framework.

You can watch my slow efforts here: https://github.com/jgatkinsn/OXC-Moderator

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: make an online mod installation program
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 10:21:27 pm »
yeah i had a feeling someone thought about it : ) sounds good

i don't even care about the ability to uninstall mods. just installing them from an online browser is good enough . i can uninstall manually.