Author Topic: OPENTFTD LETSPLAY  (Read 29799 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: OPENTFTD LETSPLAY
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 06:02:20 pm »
Brutal! Need more grenades and gas cannons next time! Blow 'em back to the sea  >:(

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 01:58:07 am »
I ve been away and look whos back :D

I am honoured by the inclusion but I have to tell you something:

John Paul, Pilot00 and Immolator are one person and thats  me :P In case you forgot looking forward to this :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:00:02 am by pilot00 »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 02:55:47 am »
Until it ended on episode II of course!

NAH

We will use Dr Olera's time machine and try to change the past by going back to the future!

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 04:00:28 am »
this episode is getting more interesting. we now have 12 monkeys meets terminator coming soon. you thought it was over? think again.

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 08:12:29 am »
Ep 3 scheduled for tomorrow morning/afternoon US eastern standard time

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 04:41:51 pm »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 06:05:55 pm »
Try having every troop have a few pre-primed dye grenades in their shoulder spaces. That way if you resrve the kneel icon in battlescape and spot an alien but don't have the tu's to shoot drop the grenade and you'll be covered in "smoke" before the aliens turn. At least the dye grenades work like smoke grenades from UFO, not completely useless like in the original TFTD. The only downside to this tactic is if the troop gets stunned or killed all his remaining grenades will go off at the end of that turn. However I find that the advantages out weigh the disadvantages from my experience of UFO.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 06:25:26 pm »
Hearing you is higher priority than the video.Is your voice normalised or do you have a bad mic?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 06:42:44 pm »
Try having every troop have a few pre-primed dye grenades in their shoulder spaces. That way if you resrve the kneel icon in battlescape and spot an alien but don't have the tu's to shoot drop the grenade and you'll be covered in "smoke" before the aliens turn. At least the dye grenades work like smoke grenades from UFO, not completely useless like in the original TFTD. The only downside to this tactic is if the troop gets stunned or killed all his remaining grenades will go off at the end of that turn. However I find that the advantages out weigh the disadvantages from my experience of UFO.

I do this as well (but only with one grenade). If your soldier is taken out, the grenade pops, which actually is a good thing to if you need to get there to rescue the wounded soldier or kill the offending alien, you get cover for free next turn.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 06:56:27 pm »
In UFO I try and have all rookies carry 3 primed grenades (only smoke) at the start moving up to 4 when weight allows. But for TFTD you could argue for up to 5 especially on the two stage missions or 6 for T'leth. I wonder if someone will design an "extra pockets mod" equivalent for TFTD?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 07:15:21 pm »
That's a lot of grenade! I would expect that the extra-pockets mod would work for TftD as well, since it uses exactly the same inventory layout as the original. Just go in the metadata file and change its master to "*" (with the quotation marks), to allow the mod to be used with all masters.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 10:04:21 pm »
yo use sonic pulsers to give yourself lots of smoke as they make way more smoke than a dye grenade.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 11:00:10 pm »
But what smoke density does it make? It's not just the number of tiles with a smoke animation on it, it's also the smoke density inside the tiles that count.

Offline NeptunesNookGames

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 11:52:25 pm »
Since smoke grenades have been fixed they could help save some lives, also remember, the aliens have full TUs on the first turn so be careful walking out into their reaction fire.   
I could be wrong but when I played tftd it seemed like the alien accuracy was far better than that of UFO, so find cover every turn.

Oh, about your mic... I don't know what your windows settings are at but I noticed on OBS you had it very low.  When I was using a terrible mic I seemed to get the best sound with the windows recording volume down at around 30 and OBS set to almost the top.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:54:48 pm by NeptunesNookGames »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 12:22:23 am »
Hearing you is higher priority than the video.Is your voice normalised or do you have a bad mic?

Its a combination of things. But mostly a bad mic.

Yeah that actually sounds like a good idea

That research is on its way!
yo use sonic pulsers to give yourself lots of smoke as they make way more smoke than a dye grenade.