Author Topic: OXC-Moderator (WIP)  (Read 5197 times)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
OXC-Moderator (WIP)
« on: July 23, 2015, 07:05:53 am »
So, I'm back to working on the mod installer/updater tool - called OXC-Moderator.  I had about a 3 month break due to life circumstances between family moving in for a while and crazy end of school activities.  Anyway, there's a lot of work to do.  The biggest and most discouraging problem I face is the ever changing web pages for scraping until the REST API gets implemented.  So... parsing for mods is a moving target.

Here's the github project:
https://github.com/jgatkinsn/OXC-Moderator

It doesn't do much right now other than parse some web pages - poorly now that it's changed again.  I have a TODO list on the project page for perusal.  I would like to use Kivy as a GUI framework, so I can learn it and maybe support the Android port one day. 

I can only work on this about two nights a week right now, so I don't expect anything fully functional for a while.  This is here to help keep me accountable and keep moving forward.  Until I get a stable REST interface, I'll try to start working on the GUI design.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXC-Moderator (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 09:59:41 pm »
Have you asked Jo5hua for a clean API for accessing the mod data instead of web scraping?

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 10:06:58 pm »
Have you asked Jo5hua for a clean API for accessing the mod data instead of web scraping?

Yes. It's been on his todo list for a while :)  It's "partially" there, but there are some text encoding problems with the JSON it returns that standard decoders can't handle.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 04:07:03 pm »
This is discontinued if no one figured out.   Not enough support from the mod site to help out with issues interfacing with it.  I gave up.