aliens

Author Topic: Fatal wounds  (Read 3423 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Fatal wounds
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »
Just out of curiousity I'm wondering is there an upper limit to the number of fatal wounds any unit can have at one time. I personally have seen my troops and aliens having 6 or even 8 wounds on them. The original game limited it to 3. https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Fatal_Wounds

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal wounds
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 02:22:42 pm »
The ufopaedia article says 
you can never receive more than 3 FWs (in a given shot or blast!),
If you're hit multiple times, the fatal wounds of each attack is added.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 02:50:13 pm »
Thanks, I had took it 3 was the most you could have in total but this explains it lovely, I assume that it you were unlucky enough, though you mightn't survive long, you could have something ridiculous like 18 wounds on you if you were hit point blank with 2 three round auto shots, all 6 of them just doing at least 1 point of health damage. I know this would be an extreme example but it illustrates that even though you might only take 6 damage to your health from the hits, each round until treated you would lose up to 18 health.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 03:17:42 pm »
My personal record (in openxcom) is an unarmored rookie getting 5 fatal wounds, in one of the first battles. Medic was not too far and could stabilize him, funnily enough the survivor fainted shortly afterwards because of a smoke cloud.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 03:25:51 pm »
That's Murphy's law, you get him stabilised and then he goes off to sleep!

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 03:32:30 pm »
It ended well, with the soldier napping safely in a secure area, but its was the mini-heart-attack for me when I saw the alert window : "Did I miss one soldier silently bleeding  ?"