Author Topic: Can not run ufo Setup due to the exe not being compatible with my windows  (Read 5064 times)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I have 64 bit,do i have to change something in my computer or do i have to do something else,i formated my pc and my friend gave me a usb with all the vanila pre setup xcom content but when i run setup it says that my version of windows isnt compatible.
Any help would be appreciated

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Did you have a look at this ?

Are you sure to have the right version of original XCOM (better is to buy it on steam for example, for only 5€...) ?

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
well i think i got it to work with openxcom but could you please show me a image of where should i put my mods?They changed them and i heard i cant use the data folder anymore

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
i downloaded openxcom but i see the normal data folders inside instead of the common,standart do i have to make them myself?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
It depends if you want to install the V1.0 (-> data folder) or last nightly build (-> new directory structure)

It depends also on mods you want to install

I think (but I am not the best to give you an advice on this, as I'm back after a year) you should install the V1.0, as most of mods should be compliant, or propose a version compliant with V1.0

So, my advice is : as first step, keep it simple, install V1.0 (data folder) and check if it works

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
in the future will the new process of mods be simplified?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
I think it was simple at the beginning, but as we, modders, are always asking more and more possibilities, it became complex  ;)

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
currently it's a matter of extracting the mod to my documents/openxcom/mods/myAwesomeMod/ and enabling it in the options menu. not exactly complicated :P

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Considering the fact that x-piratez has the folder placement similiar to the nightly i would make the folders acordingly.But i have a lot of mods that are in 1.0 so i dont think im going to make that change now.Besides too busy playing xpiratez

Also i reached the point of star god guardians and cyclops coming and i havent got lasers.Is that bad?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
here is the process for updating mods from 1.0 format to the current standard:

1: put it in its own folder.