aliens

Author Topic: AI and explosives  (Read 30703 times)

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
Re: AI and explosives
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2015, 08:46:48 pm »
Having a fix for only the alien grenade and blaster launcher leaves all modded weapons hanging.
It seems you misunderstood the logic of update. It should make this temporary usage taboo value a part of item description, when it needed, with 0 as default. And will be set for just two items (i.e. blaster launcher =3, alien grenade =3) in xcom1 ruleset. If you want to make different values for your modded weapon - no problem. It's just the way of unhardcoding, and making this feature game/supermod specific.
For more challenging play someone could make a mod setting these explosive weapon to 0.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2015, 10:04:24 pm »
Which is why I was asking which implementation was on your ToDo list. I am happy to learn that it is the one I was hoping for. Thank you.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 10:30:55 am »
Well this might be a little bit off topic.
But would it be possible that the AI throws grenades (if avaible and in throwing range) onto remebered postion of multiple troops?

Smoke cover in the moment acutally prevents this pretty good, because the alien have to approach you to see you, but they still know were you were,
if they have seen you before. And in this case let them throw a grenade into the smoke ( if xcom units have been spotted in the position were hte smoke is now).

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 03:46:18 pm »
They already can target and hit "remembered" troops, standing out of view, depending on "intellegence" value, of course.

Offline podbot

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2015, 04:24:59 pm »
Has this no explosives before turn 3 behaviour been changed for TFTD?

Just had an interesting game where most of my team were killed turn 2 by a sonic grenade.

I killed one Lobsterman inside the shipwreck on turn one. On turn two I was greeted by several lobstermen just outside my ship, (also shot two of my aquanauts). Only managed to kill off two them. Then ended my turn and my team got killed by the grenade.

I know the landingcraft has a door so I guess could leave most of my team inside the ship and try to clear the immediate area around the ship before disembarking.

See attached save file. The save is on turn 3, the AI just had it's second turn. I'm playing with the openxcom_git_master_2015_08_10_1809 nightly.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2015, 04:30:26 pm »

Currently it is set to 3 for xcom1 and to 2 for xcom2.
I don't know if it is intentional or not.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2015, 04:37:50 pm »

Currently it is set to 3 for xcom1 and to 2 for xcom2.
I don't know if it is intentional or not.

On TFTD it is set for 2 turns:
Code: [Select]
turnAIUseGrenade: 2
turnAIUseBlaster: 2

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2015, 04:59:11 pm »
that's intentional.
deployment from tftd landing crafts take on average a turn less due to no having ramp to overcharge your units for movement, and the doors being mounted on the crafts to protect any troops inside from being seen or targetted. the main problem with xcom1 that this was trying to address was getting nuked in your skyranger or on the ramp, but as this is less of an issue in tftd it was adjusted accordingly.