Author Topic: CROCODILE TANK  (Read 7795 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
CROCODILE TANK
« on: June 15, 2015, 12:42:01 am »
Has anyone considered doing a tank mod like the flamthrower tanks of WW2? With the way OPXC is now, a heavy machine gun as its auxulliary weapon. I wud have a loose idea of how to do the ruleset file but not the graphics for the resources. Just thought I would fire this one into the mix.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: CROCODILE TANK
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 04:27:18 am »
Some people post pretty ridiculous ideas. I actually thought, by reading the title, that you were hoping that someone makes a weird animal-tank hybrid that melees. And that it was a crocodile.

I think it should be possible, maybe even through ruleset only :)

Offline Kosti

• Squaddie
  • X-Com forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 04:33:20 am »
by reading the title, that you were hoping that someone makes a weird animal-tank

Yes, a test tube with alien inside(preferably a Calcinite) as a trinket case-type of a thing, but where, in base-view? ^^

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:56:42 am »
Some people post pretty ridiculous ideas.

There's no such thing as a ridiculous idea. :)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 01:45:27 pm »

Dont try to agitate me into brainstorming, you will be surprised on the levels of redicule I can conjure :P
A flamerthrower tank would be a cool idea, though I would make it to have a bit of weak armor.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:47:05 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 03:37:45 pm »

Allow me to correct myself!

"Some pretty ridiculous people post ideas."

Offline mrxian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 05:08:39 pm »
I think it would be a great idea to give tanks some kind of secondary weapon. Perhaps a melee chrushing attack for the heavier ground tanks would be appropriate too.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 06:45:10 pm »
Hi:

I'll try to put some screenshots of some vehicles that use in my mods. Incidentally, I show some other images, the project, in which I am working.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:57:36 pm by alinare »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 06:49:01 pm »
Here's a rough version and upon limited testing no problems so far. If I've used anyone's work, credits goes to them. Currently testing it in my current game of pirates 0.9j of build 2015-04-30 but should work for builds after 2015-05-07 so long as the "master" is xcom1. If anyone has any comments, ideas or suggestions please feel free to air them. The tank may be a bit op but I can always tweak that.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:47 pm »
Is that the Doom Spider Mastermind face I see?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 10:07:24 pm »
I like the pictures especially the airguard cannon and the mirage fighter. The cannon would be a useful weapon until you get plasma/fusion balls, 30 damage is very reasonable when it refires every 3 game seconds. Sad me actually counted one time and to me it feels like it is 6 game seconds to 1 real second of time. Planning to update the mod with a hover version of the crocodile that you'll need to research and then manufacture but this might take me a while. Will keep an eye out for any mod or mods that'll involve the pictures.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 10:33:44 pm »
Yes indeed, I added the Arachnotron face, the legs sectopod. I'm not very good, making sprites. I do not know if anyone else may have noticed, but I'm taking elements from many of the X-COM, and I'm doing a kind of reinterpretation of the saga. This mod is really the sum of many other, related, in separate folders. I've been working on this, to spare time for eight months, and I have five hundred mods so. The story is the same as that of the base game. It's not like the mod Piratez great, although I inspired him. :D. The armor is Ufo Extraterrestrials. The robot Cyclops, also inspired by the UFO Extraterrestrials is taken from one of the Front Missions. I think it is a defense tower, or something. The screen of the air guns, I love it, but not mine. I have borrowed from Xeno Ops. At the moment it is not finished. As for the statistics of weapons, as some are not very successful, but I try to be, as balanced as possible. Of course, the tech tree, going to be really extensive.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:36:43 pm by alinare »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 12:50:08 am »
Here's a second version of the above mod that now has a hover version but has problems, works fine in battle mode but the research topic doesn't appear even in debug mode, have checked the ufopedia site on rulesets and per the online yaml checker and oxc ruleset checker but I can't see any problems, can anyone advise on what's wrong?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 12:06:10 pm »
@Simon
Make sure all the prerequisites do exist in your testing environment, this is the only potential problem I can see.

@Alinare
1. New resources! Yay! Good luck on your project.
2. You get these transparent pixels because at some point black became a forsaken color in OXCom. Change that black to a very dark gray to get rid of this problem.
3. When converting to UFO palette, disable any dithering - it's dithering that made that Mirage look so bad. Btw. Mirage III making 2,500 knots is a sheer fantasy, it was able to achieve 1,200-1,400 knots max on an interception run, and about 600 in cruise speed :)

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 07:37:00 pm »
Thank you very much for your interest, Dioxine. I have in mind his advice. Your mod is really bright.