aliens

Author Topic: Running multiple versions of OpenXCom  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Running multiple versions of OpenXCom
« on: June 15, 2015, 12:05:04 am »
I am trying to run multiple versions of OpenXCom. One for Piratez, one for a vanilla game.

I have two executables, with two data folders which I define upon compilation (by defining Datadir in ccmake).

Is there a way to define different config files and save folders? Currently, they both look into .config/openxcom and .local/share/openxcom folders. This means each version overwrites the other's config files, so you have to manually switch mods every time you switch. The saves are also shared, which clutters the space and overwrites autosaves.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Running multiple versions of OpenXCom
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 01:14:44 am »
you can override place where OXC look for directories using console arguments "-data" and "-user".

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 03:21:17 am »
Ah! So that's how you define where the saves will go.. And Looking for -user on the forum, it seems like there is a -cfg to specify which config file to use as well?

And then I realised it was there if you type "./openxcom -help" (had tried man openxcom, but that doesn't return anything..)

Thanks! Now to write some basic openxcom launching scripts! (save terminal output, set which directories to use, what else.. probably enough for now..!)

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 11:10:27 am »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 05:39:20 pm »