Author Topic: Makefile for Dingoo A320  (Read 31554 times)

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Makefile for Dingoo A320
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »
I had tested the revision 96 before. And yes, it only occurs while I'm looking at the globe and the timer starts to run.

See ya!

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 03:33:10 am »
I have performed some optimizations on the globe, let me know if it has improved the performance on the Dingo.

If it still runs slow, you can try slowing down the geoscape timer by increasing the value in GeoscapeState.cpp line 102:
Code: [Select]
_gameTimer = new Timer(100);That is how often (in miliseconds) the ingame time moves and causes a globe redraw.

Offline bramcor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 12:00:01 pm »
Sorry for going off-topic... I'll just start a new thread ;)

So by default the globe view is only updated 10 times per second? That seem kinda low compared to my refresh rate of 60 Hz...

Makes me wonder how the guys at Mythos ever got UFO to run smoothly on my 486, when OpenXcom on a much more powerful modern system crawls to a halt.

Is compiled C++ that inefficient? Is the code immature? Should we all quit our day jobs and go back to hacking assembler code?

Reason I'm asking is not to be an ass, but that my system ought to be able to generate a gazillion fps of this relatively simple low poly representation of Earth .. but somehow it doesn't :P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 04:01:13 pm by bramcor »

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 03:53:43 pm »
I have performed some optimizations on the globe, let me know if it has improved the performance on the Dingo.

If it still runs slow, you can try slowing down the geoscape timer by increasing the value in GeoscapeState.cpp line 102:
Code: [Select]
_gameTimer = new Timer(100);That is how often (in miliseconds) the ingame time moves and causes a globe redraw.

Thank you very much :)

I needed to extend the interval to 500 milliseconds. Continued slow but at least playable.

I think the Dingoo is not too good making too many floating point calculations.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 07:57:54 pm »
Well I cached all the floating point calculations so they only need to be performed once everytime the globe is moved now. The slowness is probably from all the extra detail that was added in the latest revisions.

I'll just throw some options to turn down the globe detail later on, can't forget the little man. ;)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 02:17:56 am »
I've merged both makefiles so to build for Dingoo you should just need to set TARGET = DINGOO in the makefile, let me know if it still works.

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 07:44:30 pm »
I've merged both makefiles so to build for Dingoo you should just need to set TARGET = DINGOO in the makefile, let me know if it still works.

Sorry for the delay of two months :-[

Yes, it still compiling just fine, thank you. I just compiled the yaml-cpp lib for Dingux and I activated swap memory, once the new build does not run anymore without more RAM...

One thing I noticed was that the parameter "-scale 1" is no longer working, do you confirm that?

Thank you very much!

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 12:30:19 am »
Yes, it still compiling just fine, thank you. I just compiled the yaml-cpp lib for Dingux and I activated swap memory, once the new build does not run anymore without more RAM...
I'm not sure what you mean. yaml-cpp takes up too much RAM or the game by now takes up too much RAM or...?

One thing I noticed was that the parameter "-scale 1" is no longer working, do you confirm that?
Yes, now you just specify the target resolution, eg. "-width 320 -height 200".

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 12:40:14 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean. yaml-cpp takes up too much RAM or the game by now takes up too much RAM or...?
Sorry for the bad structure of my sentence.
Actually, I do not know if the increased memory consumption is related to the use of the new library, since that is the first time that I use. What is certain is that only with the standard Dingoo Memory (32MB), the current version freezes on the loading screen.

Thanks again, SupSuper :)

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »
Hello again Supsuper, how are you?

Last week I compiled the latest version of openxcom for Dingoo, the first I downloaded from github.

Congratulations for the great job, we can notice that the code had many optimizations, the map screen is much faster now  :)

However, to compile the Dingoo version, I had to disable support for wstring, since Dingux does not support it. For this, I made a lazy and quick hack, just replacing wstring, wstringstream and so forth for its char compatible versions. The code compiles, but I had a side effect, all text is totally messed up at the display...

Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks again and keep good work.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 04:16:11 am »
Hello again Supsuper, how are you?

Last week I compiled the latest version of openxcom for Dingoo, the first I downloaded from github.

Congratulations for the great job, we can notice that the code had many optimizations, the map screen is much faster now  :)

However, to compile the Dingoo version, I had to disable support for wstring, since Dingux does not support it. For this, I made a lazy and quick hack, just replacing wstring, wstringstream and so forth for its char compatible versions. The code compiles, but I had a side effect, all text is totally messed up at the display...

Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks again and keep good work.
Edit "bin\Language\Font.dat" in a text editor and remove all the non-ASCII characters that don't fit in std::strings (anything after ~). There will probably be other bugs from such a "quick hack", but at least it should be minimally readable in English.

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 01:23:55 pm »

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 10:09:38 pm »
Hello SupSuper, long time no see you!

I'm trying to compile OpenXcom for GCW-Zero, which is somekind of a enhanced Dingoo. However, I'm having trouble with OpenGL, you could tell me if this library is now mandatory? I've searched the wiki and found nothing saying that.

Thank you.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 11:23:23 pm »
OpenGL is only for resizing screen (because is faster) and filters, you can easy cut out all opengl (#ifdef is probably best solution there).

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 11:41:26 pm »
If your device doesn't support OpenGL, you can just define __NO_SHADERS to disable OpenGL code.