Author Topic: [FINAL][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0++  (Read 85951 times)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
Re: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0++
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2017, 03:31:36 pm »
I hate to bust your balls over this, but alien alloys wouldn't make a good material for armor piercing ammunition. You want a dense material, but alien alloys are light.

I don't see anything in the aliens' arsenal that we could use to improve the power of our projectile weapons' technology. On the other hand, their lack of understanding of such technology is something we could potentially use against them. Maybe with alien alloy barrels for improved strength, we could make very high-powered projectile turrets that have incredible penetrating power, and the aliens' heavy armor might prove weak against this technology.

I understand your objections, but it's mostly for gameplay balancing.

However, the idea behind this is:

1) In the game, the alien alloy process is using electro-gravimetric and magnetic annealing to create strong alloys in ways that could not be done before, using elements found on earth.

2) Expanding that idea, this process could be used to create rounds that combine both the density of lead and the hardness of titanium or diamond carbon.

3) Also, this manipulation of elements on the molecular level allows for the creation of hepta-octanitrocubane, a powerful explosive that is incredibly difficult to synthesize: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptanitrocubane

It's RIGHT in the mod itself if you read:

"After trivial changes were made to the standard X-com assault rifle, the new alloy ammo can be fielded with the assault rifle without requiring a redesigned weapon. The enhanced hepta-octanitrocubane propellant and alloy 'sandwich' bullet design enhances both armor penetration and wounding power."

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2017, 03:35:14 pm »
I figured out why selecting vehicles at the end of the list in the NEW BATTLE feature crashes the game.
They are the secondary weapons for the HWPs.

NEW BATTLE does not know that and includes them as selectables in the equipment list.

Adding machine guns to my HWPs in my personal mod  did the same thing.
The HWPs at the top of the list work fine (nice feature, a secondary weapon on an HWP)!
However do not select those to load into the craft off the bottom of the list because the game thinks they are a unit and they are not.

Also what i'm finding, clips for secondary weapons appear to come back recharged to full capacity in the next battle if playing the main game, so there is no need to buy ammunition for them unlike the tank rockets or the HWP shells.

1) So where does the crash happen? Only in the 'instant action' type battle, or is it happening in the main game as well?
2) Also is this in the nightly or the main?

Damn, I was hoping to have the ammo working for the secondary.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2017, 09:40:01 am »
1) In the game, the alien alloy process is using electro-gravimetric and magnetic annealing to create strong alloys in ways that could not be done before, using elements found on earth.

2) Expanding that idea, this process could be used to create rounds that combine both the density of lead and the hardness of titanium or diamond carbon.

3) Also, this manipulation of elements on the molecular level allows for the creation of hepta-octanitrocubane, a powerful explosive that is incredibly difficult to synthesize: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptanitrocubane

I really like that. Fantastic work!

Also I saw this: https://youtu.be/8WKMx6aTm68?t=693
It is possible that alien alloys could do more for ammo than I gave it credit for. But using the same technology to make heavy alloys makes so much sense!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:44:46 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2018, 04:27:44 pm »
Updated link to github now that modhub is down.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2018, 04:47:38 pm »
And another link to the new mod-hub.

https://openxcom.mod.io/equal-terms-20

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2018, 05:04:05 pm »
Tried to test out this mod using openxcom extended v5.1 of 09.11.18 with no other mods and get the following error message-see attached log

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2018, 07:55:21 pm »
Tried to test out this mod using openxcom extended v5.1 of 09.11.18 with no other mods and get the following error message-see attached log

I'll have to check out extended, since I don't have it.

But since it seems to be "Const name 'RuleList.EqualTermsv2_023' already used" look for dupes? I don't know.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2018, 07:59:35 pm »
This happens when OXCE's scripting engine runs across rulesets in multiple folders or duplicates of rulesets.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2018, 08:13:14 pm »
I just noticed that within your mod folder are 2 further sub folders, nightly and prime. Do I only extract out the nightly folder?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2018, 11:00:22 pm »
This happens when OXCE's scripting engine runs across rulesets in multiple folders or duplicates of rulesets.
Exactly, this error: "Const name 'RuleList.EqualTermsv2_023' already used" should be read as: "multiple mods with name 'EqualTermsv2_023'".
In many places game expect that mod names will be unique. And in case of scripts it is enforced (not directly because I would use different message in that case).

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2018, 12:45:16 am »
It might be intentded to enforce that, but these errors have been cropping up for using multiple folders in the same mod with rulesets in them. I'll prepare a simplified test case this weekend if I can replicate this behavior.

The_Funktasm

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2018, 04:42:51 pm »
Not sure if it helps, but the edge that alien alloys could give projectile weapons are mostly that of rapidly prototyped projectiles that are tested by scientists. Since alien alloys are electromagnetically formed that implies a near 3d printer level of detail one can specify in created objects or parts. This means that a group of scientists could test out 20 rifle bullets in a few hours in an xcom windtunnel rather than mold/cast each one. Just dump a whole set of 3d models in alloys and test their drag/etc.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2018, 10:04:39 pm »
I just noticed that within your mod folder are 2 further sub folders, nightly and prime. Do I only extract out the nightly folder?

Most likely it is nightly, but you'll have to ask the makers of the extended?

Once I work down my modding queue I can start working on the OXE version of Equal Terms. I already have the numbers all run for the weapons and such so that the sniper rifles and such require high aim skill and shotguns/smgs favor lower aim scores.

But I have a massive Fire Pro Efed video to finish editing and adding vhs look to, and a new tiny baby that is ruining my life in the best ways.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2018, 10:33:17 pm »
Tested this one out on latest extended and only using the nightly folder but get an error-see attached

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2018, 07:48:47 pm »
Tested this one out on latest extended and only using the nightly folder but get an error-see attached

'STR_ELERIUM_SHOTGUN_SHELLS'

Leftover for unimplemented shotgun shells.

Will try to fix.