Author Topic: 3D explosions  (Read 10363 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: 3D explosions
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 10:47:11 am »
OK i have moved all the terrain up to level 4 (allowing 3 levels of dirt under street level) for the URBAN mapblocks. Downside is i had to import DIRT from another block set ( alien base ) which  means i cant test it until a update is done so it knows what block is needs  ( last time i tried i added a fridge but got a door in game).

I will make a Upload of this later so someone can do the desired code so Dalky SupSUpers can continue his current work ( Sorry i cant do it as im to stupid to program anything ::) ).

these URBAN maps are located here ( besides being 3 levels up they should be identical to the originals)
https://www.mediafire.com/?3tztbkhpbofav7t
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:40:41 pm by luke83 »

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 01:07:28 pm »
someone can do the desired code
What code do you mean excactly?

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 02:38:18 pm »
Probably for creating craters ;)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 08:28:02 pm »
Sorry it Supsuper work with the rulesets i am waiting on , my bad ???

"Yep, same issue. It's in the rulesets defined which tilesets to load... I could provide you with an openxcom version with externalized rulesets, but that would not be fair, me taking away SupSuper's work :p"

Honestly Im not really interested in the craters , i am however interested in multi levels and new maps ( however collapsing buildings when you take out to many walls would be sweet). I only supplied a example map with dirt in case someone really wanted to start the craters as i was going to  move the maps up a few levels anyway for my own plans. I am planning a new map type to be the top level of a alien base ( making them 2 part missions) disguised as a human town but swarming with Gang Members ( when i get there graphics looking correct)

Just a warning to anyone using my download , i forgot to move the spawn points on those maps so you will need to either do it yourself OR wait until my next upload, sorry about that ::)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:08:56 am by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 01:15:19 pm »
OK , i have correct the Nodes in Urban maps and a few other wrong tiles, i will either upload these tomorrow or next weekend. I have also Downloaded some Rotated ORIGINAL maps that where from the AREA51 Site  https://area51.xcomufo.com/ I will do the same thing with these over the next week or so before Add any Basements to them for my own use.  I Really want a large number of Urban map blocks because you do the same mission every month ( this is also why all my sprite Mods refer to Terror Missions.

Please Note : Any future mention of these maps will be added into my " After Version 1.0 "  Topic to keep all my Ramblings together  :P