Author Topic: TFTD cutscenes  (Read 13626 times)

niculinux

Re: TFTD cutscenes
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 06:12:34 pm »
TFTD actually has two kinds of cutscenes: The FMV kind which is of course fully animated 3D CGI scenes (that's obviously outdated by today), and the text kind that's just a slideshow of the aforementioned 3D CGI scenes but with captions that actually give some context to said scenes.  My question is: How will OpenXcom determine which kind of cutscene to play when running TFTD?

Because the game was distribuited either on CD-ROM and floppy. The former features a filmed intro. In the 90' cd roms began to appear, just for info, but hopefully you all already know that  :-X

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 12:59:08 pm »
How can I do this? As far as I know there is no way of adding separate audio playback in the cutscene rulesets....
I think you can specify a "music" track, but I'll investigate.

TFTD actually has two kinds of cutscenes: The FMV kind which is of course fully animated 3D CGI scenes (that's obviously outdated by today), and the text kind that's just a slideshow of the aforementioned 3D CGI scenes but with captions that actually give some context to said scenes.  My question is: How will OpenXcom determine which kind of cutscene to play when running TFTD?
It'll use whichever is available. If both are available, then an option decides the preferred format.

Offline sylandro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 07:54:56 pm »
Code: [Select]
I think you can specify a "music" track, but I'll investigate.

From what I've seen in the wiki and the code itself, you can't unless it's for slideshows. Animated cutscenes only need you to specify a video file.

Adding that feature would solve the audio problem, but not the playback speed feature.