Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609639 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99I1 - 26 Dec - Spirit of Christmas
« Reply #5160 on: February 09, 2018, 11:00:37 am »
Playing on a reduced difficulty level also reduces the numbers of enemies around the battlescape.
This is most harmful to codexes able to research Voodoo: Destruction since only Doom Troopers and Demons have 'demonic essence' in them.
Less numbers of MegaPol troops also reduces the numbers of 'free' synthmuscle you can farm for late-game annihilator suits.

For some deployments the A.I. not only spawns more foes but for example the Nazi-Ship (swastika shape) spawns a Humanist Leader only on the highest difficulty level.
(maybe on 4 too, but clearly not on difficult level 3 and below)

Torturing yourself going 'superhuman' difficulty nets profit since you have to fight more foes, thus more loot and captives/research to boost through the tech tree.
The real pain comes fighting mercs and star gods. Barely any shot will miss and 18-20% more armor on top of the individual resistances mixed with camo/thermal vision asks for sneaky strategies.
Remember those Gazers? Spongeboys are really really tough to put down on difficult 5 and don't get me started with sectopods :3
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:02:47 am by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: February 10, 2018, 03:33:57 pm »
If you ever encounter the new "Viper Craft" and wonder how to break through the shield and armor of colonial marines (great mixture of armor-value, decent laser/plasma defence) let them taste the 'Poisoned Dagger' from behind/any angle possible.

A melee proven hand can one-shot a Marsec Colonial Marine through his shield. It's completely bypassed by the bio-type damage and the mix of decent damage while ignoring 50% armor quickly cuts down the elite soldier.

If this is not intended to work this way, either let the shield absorb bio-damage before the health-pool get's depleted or give the marine bio-resistence (he's somewhat a cyborg like the entry sez)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5162 on: February 10, 2018, 10:19:51 pm »
Works as intended.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: February 10, 2018, 10:24:38 pm »
Okay good. Funny how a pointy poison-dagger wrecks a hyper-advanced supersoldier.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: February 11, 2018, 01:33:34 am »
You should already have voodoo going long before viper fighters show up so with some pink ship luck, the best way to fight colonial marines is to capture them all with impalers.

don't get me started with sectopods :3

You mean those things that go down with one well-placed EMP grenade like with all other HWPs?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: February 11, 2018, 01:50:20 am »
You should already have voodoo going long before viper fighters show up so with some pink ship luck, the best way to fight colonial marines is to capture them all with impalers.

You mean those things that go down with one well-placed EMP grenade like with all other HWPs?

Pink Ship Luck remains LUCK for getting the craft sheduled AND having the actual item spawned among the loot.
I had 3 ships and not a single impaler so far (thus leaving me with 0 and my very first will die for research).

So I adapt to the RNG and just bio-dagger the marines to death, playing around the shield with a total NOT LUCK BASED solution.
EMP grenades are one of the newest additions and you better have even more LUCK to get good spawning maps to get your potshots down onto killer-droids or pay in bloodmoney to get the nuclear component needed to manufacture those things.
If I can't get the RNG loot or the investment doesn't look too healthy to not ruin the process entirely, I sit back and start to find 'alternatives'.
Sectopods will be rough for me rocking the grey codex but hey we got MILLIONS of ways to bombard a 2x2 target into a steaming pile of slag without risking to get cut in 2 by it's powerful laser. Also testing the more-tanks-mod to see which tank-design is the most badass and simply abuse the fuck out of it.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: February 11, 2018, 03:13:19 am »
Just had what I think was a bug come up so I would like some input if this is normal...
Just finished an Aircar race and there was basically nothing awarded for it.

Total loot was 12 beers and 14 vodkas... no trophies, no captive academy student.
0 score awarded.

Just in case this was a fluke I rolled back the save and rerolled the aircar race finish... the only loot to it this time was 6 mutant meat. Again no trophy and 0 score awarded.

(edit - I went to do it again just because, and this time there was absolutely Nothing gained from it... 0 points, no loot of any kind)

Isnt there supposed to be a token trophy from zaxx at the heart of the purpose of finishing these things?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:41:28 am by RSSwizard »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: February 11, 2018, 07:32:13 am »
The academy student with the trophy isn't spawning?  That's strange.

If it's persistent, maybe you should post the save file in the bug reports.

my very first will die for research

Actually, I think most of the pink ship loot (including the mahou shoujo herself) aren't destroyed when researched.  You should check the tech tree viewer and see if researching those items says "item required" instead of "item destroyed".
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:34:21 am by BBHood217 »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: February 11, 2018, 11:00:11 pm »
Smelly rags have a size of 2.5/unit in your vaults.
In comparision, the item "Assault Bike" takes 2.0/unit in your vaults.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: February 11, 2018, 11:08:38 pm »
Smelly rags have a size of 2.5/unit in your vaults.
In comparision, the item "Assault Bike" takes 2.0/unit in your vaults.

Because they're smelly and they smell like all hell.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: February 11, 2018, 11:36:59 pm »
Okay nvm.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: February 12, 2018, 01:49:11 am »
Okay nvm.

No, I'm being serious. This is exactly the reason - they are so awful that they take extra storage space. Like Dark Ones corpses.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: February 12, 2018, 11:14:50 am »
In that case it makes sense. I was a bit surprised I freed 32,5 storage space for selling those rags (worth around 8+ work-efficency of workers).
I like the lil' lovetap for accomodations. More living room for runts and soldiers = more space efficency.

Offline kikanaide

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: February 12, 2018, 11:25:43 pm »
Pink Ship Luck remains LUCK for getting the craft sheduled AND having the actual item spawned among the loot.
I had 3 ships and not a single impaler so far (thus leaving me with 0 and my very first will die for research).
While you're right on the luck, Impalers are not destroyed when researched.  Also they can spawn in the dark/demon tower mission (mine did).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: February 13, 2018, 12:22:41 pm »
Luck made the decision to flip me the bird.

It's so massively unreliable to me that I can barely count on any 0-200% weaponry and all the RNG loot seems to not exist for me.
3x Demon tower, 5x pink ship without impalers. Mostly stuff I got already and in terms of pink ships those spawn 100% of the time with a blown-up engine, destroying half of the possible loot in it.