Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612237 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99F.1 - 13 Feb - Slave Wars
« Reply #4170 on: March 07, 2017, 04:21:43 pm »
Urk, that would require cloning the entire mission (yes everything, since that's how OXCOM is), which means a lot of work for no new content :/. I'd rather make another similar, but different mission, if/when I have the resources.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: March 07, 2017, 05:17:05 pm »
Dungeon crawl would be cool. Though i would propose something cavern crawly in aesthetic with gems/ore and use existing monsters like spiders and maybe some of the higher rank deamons. Something like the Caverns of Chaos from DND.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4172 on: March 07, 2017, 08:15:16 pm »
Dungeon crawl would be cool. Though i would propose something cavern crawly in aesthetic with gems/ore and use existing monsters like spiders and maybe some of the higher rank deamons. Something like the Caverns of Chaos from DND.

There was some loose talk about a similar idea... If there are resources for this, we'll see. ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99F.3 - 3 Mar - 3 Years of Pirating
« Reply #4173 on: March 07, 2017, 11:03:48 pm »
New version is up. Enjoy.

This should be one of the last early game major updates... we move to later stages after soon.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99F.3 - 07.03 - 3 Years of Pirating
« Reply #4174 on: March 08, 2017, 06:24:14 am »
Woot new version. Keep up the good work. Although i have a question on how exactly the new protective gear functions. Is effectivness adding flat or scaled resistance? Gas mask and overview entry imply scaled but other items have fixed values which could be interpreted either way.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4175 on: March 08, 2017, 06:57:26 am »
Scaled (x*y).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: March 08, 2017, 05:22:06 pm »
grumble makes me do more math grumble.  :D

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: March 08, 2017, 05:40:57 pm »
I'd like to suggest again allowing them to remove the timer with a dead end research topic.  That way it's entirely their own fault if they decide it's boring.

I disagree, because the fact that you have limited time to complete the mission, makes it more exciting...It forces you to prioritize and make risk/reward decisions. Extending the time would still keep the thrill intact, but removing the limit (through research or not) would remove that thrill.

Offline The Burning Yak

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: March 08, 2017, 06:12:16 pm »
I've heard a game development philosophy that you shouldn't have ideal play be boring play. On the mansion, the "ideal" play is to clear it entirely, getting ALL the loot and possible hostages. That will provide the best income, research opportunity, and gal experience. For many, however, a full clear of a mansion is boring. Some may have fun, but I think most find it monotonous.

Of course, Dioxine isn't making a game for everyone. It's a particular niche.

I'd describe the particular niche of gamers that Dioxine is creating for as "HIMSELF."  ;)   So not only is the mansion timer inline with good game development philosophy, it's clearly more in line with what Dioxine wanted for the mansion mission. A clandestine rush to steal as much as you can and escape.

Offline Shizuka_Na_Ikaku

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: March 08, 2017, 06:47:12 pm »
Greetings Dioxine.

I got a error with XPratez 0.99F.3.
"A fatal error has occurred: Sprite InterceptionCIHarverster not found"

There error happens as soon as i move in to intercep what i can only expect to be a Harverster.
I never had a problem with the Harvesteris in XPratez 0.99F1.

This is the first time i reported a error so don't realy know what to do.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: March 08, 2017, 08:25:50 pm »
How convenient for game to spawn two mansions in two months just as discussion of the timer sprang. I skipped first, because my crack team of commandos weren't ready, but for the second I decided to go anyway.
8 worst gals from the main base (because leviathan isn't very stealthy) plus 7 "native" castaway gals.
The armours I brought along were: 1 fairy, 1 desctructor, 2 ghosts, 1 saviour, rest maids.

Timer does make mission exciting, plus it kept me on toes the whole mission. Granted, I did it in 15 turns out of 32, but it wasn't a snoozefest.
Cougars, as always, work great. 5-bullet burst, good damage, one-handed and very quick to fire.
What I didn't expect to work great is fairy outfit, but, apparently, she can seduce enemies behind walls because she can "see" them with her SENSE. I'm not sure whether it's a bug or a feature, but lack of this would stall me for another ~5-10 turns I'd waste for searching these people. Saviour helped to keep her energy up, and the rest of gals helped to keep the morale up by murdering everyone whom they could see and reach.
I brought destructor for the armor, but, ironically enough, gal wearing this suit never got shot on that mission.

The plan, which was sweeping the building with 3-4 groups, didn't work. So basically I just rushed everyone in different directions, and stunned\killed people as fast as I could, which caused mass panic on turns 6-9, and after that, it was mostly a clean-up job.

Oh, and for some reason mansion had almost zero lightning. Sure, it sort of works in my favor, nightvision and all, but it just... looked weird, I dunno.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: March 08, 2017, 08:30:51 pm »
Oh, and for some reason mansion had almost zero lightning. Sure, it sort of works in my favor, nightvision and all, but it just... looked weird, I dunno.

+1

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: March 08, 2017, 08:31:04 pm »
Mansions at certain times of night(ie most of night)are just about the black pits of hell since there very few light sources.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4183 on: March 08, 2017, 08:34:32 pm »
The armours I brought along were: 1 fairy, 1 desctructor, 2 ghosts, 1 saviour, rest maids.

Pretty impressive to have all those mutually exclusive armors.  I take it this is a campaign that started long before the codex branch?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: March 08, 2017, 08:47:20 pm »
Pretty impressive to have all those mutually exclusive armors.  I take it this is a campaign that started long before the codex branch?
Yes, I don't remember when exactly, but I started at the time when starter craft was bonaventura, and stuff like high explosives could be gotten from day 1 with no strings attached.