Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612304 times)

Offline Disposable Guardsman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99 - 7 Jun - First Impressions
« Reply #2805 on: July 13, 2016, 02:41:07 am »
(Is there an official name for the sexy female mutants)

Gals, deyz loike boyz, but moar kunnin.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: July 13, 2016, 05:35:13 am »
Wow.... I am so excited about this. Am I seeing a lighting engine upgrade? I mean really? WOW!

Like unreasonably excited.

Ohh my goodness.

Does that mean that we might expect control of lighting on things like powered armor that would reasonably have lights on them?

Does that mean we could find ourselves with flashlights, Chemical lights, maybe even a handheld spotlight? Is my dream of beating a sectoid to death with a maglite on the horizon?

Is there a possibility of different light colors?  So like chemical lights giving off that creepy green glow?

Wow.

-HH

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2807 on: July 13, 2016, 11:52:12 am »
I thought the Gals (Is there an official name for the sexy female mutants)

The mutants you lead are members of a near-human species called ubers. Most Raiders are also ubers.
This species evolved to metabolize hellerium, which gives them extraordinary physical capabilities, but also make them biologically dependant on hellerium. So they can only live in particularly irradiated zones or they must regularly take hellerium supplements to survive.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2808 on: July 13, 2016, 12:49:45 pm »
Wow.... I am so excited about this. Am I seeing a lighting engine upgrade? I mean really? WOW!

We can only hope, although I don't see a hero who would take this job... OXC upgrade to today's gfx capabilities is IMO long overdue. I love pixel and 256 color palette, but forced 256 colors and 256-colors-rendered-in-true-color are two very different things. All these stuff you talk about, and more would be possible if it was so, like colored lights and dynamic shadows, without making the job of the artist harder.

However the possibility (and reason) to have a maglite and beating someone to death with it will be introduced in the next ver., at least that much is already possible with double upgrade of stuff glowing when held in hand and possibility to set illumination level on armors.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: July 13, 2016, 03:09:39 pm »
So, um, is there anything after the Siberia Base or did I just fight through an army of power armoured Nazis for fun?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2810 on: July 13, 2016, 04:41:53 pm »
So, um, is there anything after the Siberia Base or did I just fight through an army of power armoured Nazis for fun?

Heh.. I don't know either... I'm half way through my Save-Scum-erific slog myself.  I'd heard that you could get a huge tech boost from it, but so far haven't come across anything extraordinary.  There's a significant amount of beam weapons and it looks like I'll abscond with some baby nukes, but I haven't come across any researchable documents yet.  That said, I haven't been able to get to a lot of the corpses I've dropped, but here's hoping.  Frankly, it feels like minus voodoo mind rape, this is the toughest mission of the entire game.  The fact that you can get it in the first year boggles my mind a bit.  I'm still hoping for a leg up out of it though.  We'll see.   

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 13, 2016, 08:37:19 pm »
There are some files. Russian files. They're neat. Also: you don't actually have to do it straight away, because the mission comes back every month until you do it.

My problem on the other hand: I'm late in year three and the only church activity I've had for two years has been temple raids. And nothing at all from the Star Gods. While the Academy and Guild do practically the same thing every damn month. It's bizarre and not very fun.

Offline Riph

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: July 13, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
tech boost

The base contains
Spoiler:
the Russian Files
which are required research to produce
Spoiler:
infinite ammo lasers.

This research is also required to make a bunch of other unrelatedish stuff.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: July 14, 2016, 12:51:20 am »
So, is there a chance that I blew these files up during my Tornado spam?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2814 on: July 14, 2016, 01:13:08 am »
So, is there a chance that I blew these files up during my Tornado spam?

I suppose its possible.  I came away with 3 copies.

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 14, 2016, 01:19:38 am »
In my game, the entire top level was aflame....

...  Mostly because I went into the fight with Power Armour and half the enemies up top were Snap-Shooting with Baby Nukes......

Still got them, because they were on guys downstairs.

Offline Riph

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:12 am »
I also got three copies.  I'm not sure where they were located physically, I just saw them on the mission success loot screen.

I pounded the surface pretty flat with Tank Howitzers, so I'm guessing they're subterranian.

If you got zero copies, you're probably stuck.  You could potentially edit the game files so that ore processes into russian files instead of metal temporarily.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2817 on: July 14, 2016, 09:01:26 am »
Not stuck, you can do the mission over another month. The files are guaranteed to spawn so if you blow them up, it's your fault. Also this mission is in no way required to finish the game.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: July 14, 2016, 09:46:39 am »
I think I figured it out. The files are carried by the Leaders and obliterating them with a heavy gauss doesn't help in the recovery.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2819 on: July 14, 2016, 05:36:38 pm »
I've been testing the new lighting options, brought by Yankes with his great update. I've reduced the light produced by pirates from 15 to 5 (maximum setting which still counts as being in darkness).
This has twofold impact, which I consider favorable:
- You need actual sources of light, like torches, to lit up the night now;
- In that light-level-5 state, the pirates and their surrounings are somewhat visible now - while staying hidden from day vision.