aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609540 times)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98B - 31 Mar - I Can See My House From Here!
« Reply #2145 on: April 03, 2016, 07:43:28 pm »
Dioxine - I am not playing again. Please put that as an option not the mod!! I can just imagine the headaches...

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 03, 2016, 08:08:57 pm »
This looks very !!FUN!!. Looks like terror mission site; I can't imagine the amount of frustration I'll get from fighting chryssalids, tanks and celatids indoors.

About TROLLIUM - it looks like the suits of NONE that I've removed from my gals after updating the game. They don't seem to affect the game in any way.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2147 on: April 03, 2016, 08:24:04 pm »
Ahahaha, lol. Enjoy, and maybe you find some more easter eggs after researching Trollium :) It should probably not appear anymore after you remove STR_NONE armors; it spawned since it was the first item on the item list I presume :)

@Cristao: No, not a terror, I'm not that evil. This will be a special, fully optional Infiltration-type mission.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 04, 2016, 12:47:58 am »
It's happening.

Dawn and Commercial's MCD combined together?

Offline AKnightOfNi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 04, 2016, 01:34:26 am »
Does anyone know where I could find where to change the maxViewDistance variable? I can't play well since the last update and I cant find it myself to change it.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2150 on: April 04, 2016, 02:13:47 am »
Does anyone know where I could find where to change the maxViewDistance variable? I can't play well since the last update and I cant find it myself to change it.

Line 39012 of Piratez.rul
maxViewDistance: 20

You can just search for MaxViewDistance when you open that file with notepad.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2151 on: April 04, 2016, 03:06:34 am »
Dawn and Commercial's MCD combined together?

And Steppe Forest, and some extras :)

Offline AKnightOfNi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 04, 2016, 03:13:56 am »
Thanks Ivan, I thought I already did this but now that I think about it I probably was checking one of my backup files on accident.

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 04, 2016, 06:39:21 am »
Did you mean for the Parrot to have 1/6 carrying capacity on its legs? I mean, you don't feel as bad exploding a bird as you do a dog (for some reason), but being able to carry a pre-primed grenade and drop it is fantastic. Especially with 120TUs and flight to get there.

Smoke or kaboom. May be a tiny bit OP (maybe). Sure, you can't throw stuff (no hand slot), but just dropping grenades does the job.

Was this intended? It is awesome. Your birdy can even carry a pack of smokes or some bandages for you.

They do die to anything, pass out to smoke, and take an age to manufacture/catch, so they might be balanced. They're cool and very pirate'y anyway.

Great work on the varying inventory slots for the different outfits too. Now there's a huge range of choices in outfitting the gals, without just standard "upgrades" in either stats or armour. Makes sense too. Was a shock though to find out nude had no pockets. Great for a challenge run though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:12:12 am by sambojin »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2154 on: April 04, 2016, 10:07:57 am »
Was this intended? It is awesome. Your birdy can even carry a pack of smokes or some bandages for you.

No, Dr Who did it. Come on. I'm not that retarded, bro ;) Also I'm glad you like it. Have fun!

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 04, 2016, 09:59:23 pm »
I didn't realise how auto-cannon is good until now. 70 damage and decent accuracy is not so shabby.

And does weapon upgrade feel good. After battle rifles\PS magneto-plasma guns, cannons, FAE granades and stocked lasrifles (around 10 days till power station, so I'm using advanced cells) are so good. I can go autofire when not point-blank! And soon I'll start fielding recoilless rifles and boom guns, so assault parties are in for surprise.

Question of the day: how to get psi? Or, more accurately, what ships contain an Esper? Not exactly, of course, just what size and amount of resistance I should expect?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:01:32 pm by greattuna »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2156 on: April 04, 2016, 11:30:33 pm »
Question of the day: how to get psi? Or, more accurately, what ships contain an Esper? Not exactly, of course, just what size and amount of resistance I should expect?

They are analogue of Leaders from the vanilla game, so you get the idea where you can find them. But there's also one relatively small ship which you may encounter.

The Esper is tougher than she looks, but not overly hard to catch.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 05, 2016, 12:34:50 am »
The auto-cannon is a great weapon. Accurate enough that you can reach 100% accuracy on aim shots to take things out from afar (to the point where I might suggest a maxRange of.. 30 tiles? it's not a sighted rifle, long range accurate shots don't really fit with it..) and auto-fire works awesomely in mid/close(ish) range.

I've been fond of using it with both explosive (mid/long range) and AP (close/mid) ammo once gals are strong enough to wear armor and carry it (and once I can make ammo for it...). One of my favorite late-early game weapons.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 05, 2016, 12:54:29 am »
They are analogue of Leaders from the vanilla game, so you get the idea where you can find them. But there's also one relatively small ship which you may encounter.
Thank you. Time to tackle all these larger ships, thank god I just nabbed a freighter with 5 power armor parts.

@Arthanor: that's why I love auto-cannon too. But I don't use explosive shots, because I fear reaction shots ruining everything (also, to preserve loot).

Question of the day-2: incendiary damage numbers in bootypedia doesn't represent actual damage, right? I fired the FAE grenade (stated to have 120 INC damage) into a power armor soldier, then checked him with mind probe to realize he only lost 1 health.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 05, 2016, 01:09:41 am »
Yeah, I only use explosive ammo for long range fights against armored opponents. Hitting under armor makes a big difference. Now that there may be overkill though, I'm not sure how that'd work.

Incendiary explosion radius is proportional to listed damage in the same way as explosion radius is proportional to explosive damage. But unless it is a funky incendiary weapon (like the WP stuff, for example), fire does a set amount of damage (5-10 on hit and for a few subsequent turns if you catch fire, and 5-10 for spending a turn standing in fire). That damage ignores armor, which is why flamethrowers are so good against security guards and cyberdiscs, but is affected by incendiary damage modifiers on armors (often +X% for cloth armor, and -Y% for heavy/powered armor).