Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3688683 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97D - 29 Jan - High Times
« Reply #1995 on: February 06, 2016, 07:41:15 pm »
Nah it lacks a proper stock for that, & is powerful enough as it is.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: February 06, 2016, 07:49:54 pm »
I just found out about Acid Grenades and Flasks o' Acid... finally something I can USE!
Thanks to whoever had the idea... no nerfs please.

Going to try out my new toys...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1997 on: February 06, 2016, 07:58:25 pm »
No need for nerfs, these were already upgraded based on Draco's experience and are just right :) And who had the idea? And who do you think? :P

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 06, 2016, 09:21:14 pm »
No need for nerfs, these were already upgraded based on Draco's experience and are just right :) And who had the idea? And who do you think? :P

Why everything Draco encounters is buffed to OP (cattle prod, acid) ? And everything I encounter is nerfed to useless (hammer, cutlass) ?

I have no idea... but it couldn't have been you, you hate the player   :P

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1999 on: February 06, 2016, 10:22:05 pm »
Upgraded based on my experience? Wait what? I don't recall using that stuffs too extensively...

How am I influencing so much with so little? Meridian, it's all rigged I tell you! After all the work you're pouring in!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2000 on: February 06, 2016, 11:07:58 pm »
Wait what? I don't recall using that stuffs too extensively...

Yeah, that's why it got buffed :) You said it is meh, said why you think so, I thought it over and had to agree. Your LP has influenced a lot of little things like that. It's harder with Meridian since he only talks about the very best weapons he encounters, which naturally sometimes means showing me they're badly OP :)

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #2001 on: February 07, 2016, 09:04:38 pm »
Yeah, that's why it got buffed :) You said it is meh, said why you think so, I thought it over and had to agree. Your LP has influenced a lot of little things like that. It's harder with Meridian since he only talks about the very best weapons he encounters, which naturally sometimes means showing me they're badly OP :)

Yeah the gals threw their flasks everywhere but on the enemy, now I started using those again.

Offline Gyuudon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 08, 2016, 09:59:55 am »
What's the deal with Catgirl units? Seems like I can not only see them from a certain angle (which pretty much kills everyone since I don't know they're there) but if other people are trying to shoot at her when they themselves can't see her, meaning they're targetting the tile through someone else's spotting of the mob, all their shots miss. And I'm talking about 110% accuracy shots here. It seems like it just goes right through the model.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 08, 2016, 10:07:13 am »
Probably Dioxine abusing some properties, which were not meant to be abused, just to make the player rage quit  ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2004 on: February 08, 2016, 10:20:40 am »
Catgirls aren't hard to deal with. Assume a formation that maximizes your viewing angle and if you don't know exactly where they are, use area damage.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #2005 on: February 08, 2016, 12:47:02 pm »
What's the deal with Catgirl units? Seems like I can not only see them from a certain angle (which pretty much kills everyone since I don't know they're there) but if other people are trying to shoot at her when they themselves can't see her, meaning they're targetting the tile through someone else's spotting of the mob, all their shots miss. And I'm talking about 110% accuracy shots here. It seems like it just goes right through the model.

Get to a diagonal square next to them and point blank shoot them.

Or flamethrower.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2006 on: February 08, 2016, 02:32:38 pm »
Probably Dioxine abusing some properties, which were not meant to be abused, just to make the player rage quit  ;D

Properties exist to be abused, that's where the real modding starts. I love the players far too much to give them bland tasteless experience. If they ragequit or cheat they way out it simply means there's no love in their little black hearts and they do not deserve my gifts :D
Besides, you've dealt with Catgirls quite easily in your "Star Wars" episode...
Although I do not advise using your favorite tactics (human shields) to an inexperienced player... ;) Word of advice, this won't work against dangerous enemies, so better use it only where you know whom you're fighting :)
Also nobody is invisible to the motion scanner (Aye-phone), or untouchable to area weapons...

Offline MultiD

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: February 11, 2016, 01:45:59 am »
Hi, I'm itching to play the new pirate mod game! I've bought Enemy unknown, downloaded the mod, unpacked it, copied the files of original game in but it wont run? says i'm missing MSVCP100.dll? Someone know how to fix? D

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: February 11, 2016, 03:29:50 am »
says i'm missing MSVCP100.dll? Someone know how to fix? D

Just use the windows search function to find it in your windows folder, and copy it into the X-Piratez folder.  That worked for me on my home system.

FYI: I have XP instaled on that machine.

Edit: sorry fixed typo

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: February 11, 2016, 03:56:57 am »
The cleanest fix would be to install the official "Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012" which includes it : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
This way, you're sure there are no other missing dependencies or weird mix of DLL versions.