Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610457 times)

niculinux

Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97B - 20 Dec - I Bring You Fire
« Reply #1680 on: December 21, 2015, 10:15:15 am »
Hey Dioxine, since an hospital facility is no supposed to be present in the game, the living quarters description may tell that it provides also hospital support or something alike?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1681 on: December 21, 2015, 10:53:56 am »
Well it's not really a 'hospital', but I'll add a few words for clarity's sake.

niculinux

« Reply #1682 on: December 21, 2015, 11:09:05 am »
Well it's not really a 'hospital', but I'll add a few words for clarity's sake.

Thanks :) Sry, forgot: the blowpipe was a very very nice touch! Actually, it may fire standard percing darts, and then with some research poisoned and after acid onse. Just my two cents :) overall very very good work on the armory, a neat mix of good and old! As the rest seems i ran out of ideas...anyone has some more ones to share? ^-^

Edit: how about to replace the vanilla TFTD gauus weapons with sprites from xeno operations mod? The only things of the 1995 game i never liked  :'(

Edit 2: Thanks for the ol' rifle!!! I did not see the stun baton in the black market,so i think it's supposed to ba a military police/spartans/government item, right?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:16:01 pm by niculinux »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 21, 2015, 11:31:21 am »
Wow, another version. I dont wanna restart  :(

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1684 on: December 21, 2015, 12:07:23 pm »
Wow, another version. I dont wanna restart  :(

You can copy your save over the new version, just look at the thread detailing what happens if you do.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 21, 2015, 01:21:01 pm »
When the cattle prod is unlocked by researching contacts: smugglers, the ufopedia entry names it as stun rod

niculinux

« Reply #1686 on: December 21, 2015, 03:20:12 pm »
A bounty killers faction hunting piratez may be interesting; alternatively bounty killing facts to the plot so player may have to be rewarede for his actions...perpapsh lowering a bit "infamy" :D

...and (very) last cartidge to shoot  :(   amjaor uodate should be relased when a new verison of openxcom extended is (eg 2.6--0.98) :) so updating the executable still will provide compatibility with x-piratez update; as of now updating an openxocm extended version leads to incompatibility with newer piratez versions :,(

@foxhound64: see here
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:01:09 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1687 on: December 21, 2015, 07:13:08 pm »
Stop telling me what to do. Let's make a few things clear. I will use ANY version I please, and make a release ANY time I please. New OXCE versions are not always bug-free, also, what's the f*cking point of updating if the mod doesn't use any new functionalities? Just stick to the same one to avoid problems. Is that so difficult? And yeah, I know you don't have it easy, since you need your own Linux version.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:15:19 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

« Reply #1688 on: December 21, 2015, 07:23:06 pm »
Stop telling me what to do. Let's make a few things clear. I will use ANY version I please, and make a release ANY time I please. New OXCE versions are not always bug-free, also, what's the f*cking point of updating if the mod doesn't use any new functionalities? Just stick to the same one to avoid problems. Is that so difficult? And yeah, I know you don't have it easy, since you need your own Linux version.

sry don't wanted to be annoying :,( ok i promise i won't do anymore. See, enthusiasm sometimes plays very bad tricks...:,(

Edit: actually i thought it may avoid problems when you install openxcom extended (very very kindly knapsu has pacaged in in the official repo) and updatin to a newer version may provide problems with x-piratez...well, i'll go to the "manual way" instead. Over and out!!! :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:25:13 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1689 on: December 21, 2015, 07:31:57 pm »
The mod is already using the latest OXCE version (2.5B), but you need a very specific Nightly to work with that. Basically just rulesets. I am sure Yankes provided links/zips with all the needed files on several occasions (yeah, all you really need are proper ruleset versions, so there is no Linux<>Windows problem, as the file format is the same).

niculinux

« Reply #1690 on: December 21, 2015, 10:29:36 pm »
Thanks, i was minding to avoid upgrading problems by matching x-piratez and openxcom extended updates :)

In the meantime, i made a miserable attempt to reconstruct a very tiny paperdoll of the humanist activist, hopefully somebody may want to use it to make a bootypedia image, see the attachment :)

Edit: may be used at least for the color scheme?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:33:49 pm by niculinux »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1691 on: December 21, 2015, 10:44:13 pm »
In the meantime, i made a miserable attempt to reconstruct a very tiny paperdoll of the humanist activist, hopefully somebody may want to use it to make a bootypedia image, see the attachment :)

As in this one?  "https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Humanist_Activist_(Piratez)"

Edit: and yep, I did the same "miserable attempt"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:46:04 pm by ivandogovich »

niculinux

« Reply #1692 on: December 21, 2015, 10:52:02 pm »
As in this one?  "https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Humanist_Activist_(Piratez)"

Edit: and yep, I did the same "miserable attempt"

Oh, was did not aware of that, but seems the one in the bootypedia has some kind of antialiasing filter, but the one i "cobbled togheter" is made actually of sprites parts copied and pasted from the mod assets (!!!)  :o :)

posts merged - Dioxine

...and the damn church is really bitter and vengenful! It's the third tim in , arch 2601 i got my base attached only because last mont i shoot down a ship of theirs! Or peraphs because also i , ade some scoutin with bonaventura across europe and asia? I suppore bantits should act by surprise...well who knows, maybe both factors!  ;D

edit:typo
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:23:02 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1693 on: December 23, 2015, 06:08:36 pm »
Honestly, I could easily trounce anyone with the amount of plasma weapons I have in cold storage

Except you can't use these plasma weapons :)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1694 on: December 23, 2015, 08:59:08 pm »
Except you can't use these plasma weapons :)

Yeah, I'm probably totally misremembering but I thought I could do that before (previous versions maybe?) ... oh well!

Man, today's stream involved a raid on a splashed Mercenary Destroyer and it was just not worth it... at all. Zero. I'm glad I learned now (never attacked a Destroyer before), as I'd rather learn from my own experiences (hopefully without too much loss). There just doesn't seem to be any type of reward against Mercenaries (which there doesn't have to be; they can essentially just be there to disincentivize the player from expanding too rapidly or intercepting too many ships).

My only concern/question is: shouldn't the larger ships have at least 1 or 2 Life Support Systems? Life Support Systems seem to be added arbitrarily to some ships but not others (although I think it used to be confined to Ordinators but think that was changed a few versions back?). (Suggestions: Cruiser, Destroyer, Envoy, Assault Transport [bootypedia specifically states used in space warfare], and Freighter [due to prevalence and "ease" of raiding; limit to only 1?])

Honestly, in regards to the being behind in weapon research... not sure what to do about that as there isn't anything really to work towards; advancing research in ballistic weaponry doesn't seem like it should be helpful at all in designing laser/plasma weaponry, whereas reverse engineering laser/plasma weaponry should allow rudimentary blueprints for laser/plasma.