Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609827 times)

niculinux

Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97 - Dangerous Place, Savage Place
« Reply #1560 on: December 06, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »
Ok, thanks for clarification, i've express my wishes on the thread you linked above :)

just for trying sake, i attempted to research that floater corpse but researching goes forever and never ends :, (

@Dioxine: interesting stuff may be the kappa weapons mod maybe if yoi ask the author may ise some sprites for instance to replace the musket (see theage on the modportal, second screenshot from left, some recolor may be necessary) and/or eventually futher addictions, there are teally nice sprites there..'.night!

Edit: please may you make the hunting rifle's palette more brighter, like the handle one? I always miss it in the inventory! >.<

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:13:41 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1561 on: December 06, 2015, 10:15:57 pm »
I think i found a bug with the fuso knives. Great that they now have snap shot, but the snap shot costs more TU than the aimed shot, or at least it says so in the ufopedia. I haven't tested to see if it indeed costs more.

Not a bug.

@Dioxine: interesting stuff may be the kappa weapons mod maybe if yoi ask the author may ise some sprites for instance to replace the musket (see theage on the modportal, second screenshot from left, some recolor may be necessary) and/or eventually futher addictions, there are teally nice sprites there..'.night!

Nah, most of these sprites are not interesting. But I have DL'ed this mod long ago, just in case I need something (the Musket Bayonet is taken from there).

Hey i've seen that researchin "bigger guns" gives access to boardin gun and its ammo, but in a smaller format. But actually "fitearms and ammunitions" already allows production for boarding gun ammo in a larger format(45×5), and if im not mistaken the boarding gun itself, so kay be there kinda a bug/oversight?

Not a bug.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:22:06 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 06, 2015, 10:42:29 pm »
Also, what you describe is impossible. Even if everything was broken, you should get a Sectoid Corpse from Academy; moreover, Academy wasn't in any way changed between these 2 versions. If you, however, had any Trader's Booty in your stores, and didn't upgrade the save as per instructions, they have changed into Floater Corpses. And don't think there won't ever be Floaters here :)

I think there's a problem then...

And

Easy way to replicate - start a new game.  And by the way, I now think it could be something else, as I now seen to get them on guild missions.

I'll try to get a save file of this from my Home computer tonight - currently posting on my laptop.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:44:48 pm by Roxis231 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1563 on: December 07, 2015, 01:55:20 am »
Already fixed, see bug thread. And please post bugs on the bug thread.

niculinux

« Reply #1564 on: December 07, 2015, 11:22:24 am »
Already fixed, see bug thread. And please post bugs on the bug thread.

Thanks again! But i still got that corpse in the inventory and research, gonna wait next version to continue playing; In the meantime, just paying attention the frag grenade seems too much bigger  that other pieces such as the HE one and the willy pete, therefore i dared to resize a bit :)

See screenshot of comparison

Edit: sligthly modified hunting rifle and the scoped one, hopefully may be more brighter?

Edit: 2: updated frag grenade, more smaller.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:43:21 pm by niculinux »

Offline Bobwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 07, 2015, 04:30:10 pm »
Thx for the major update !

But I have a new problem. My game is "lagging" when I am spinning the earth. This bug is new from .97.

niculinux

« Reply #1566 on: December 07, 2015, 04:51:08 pm »
Thx for the major update !

But I have a new problem. My game is "lagging" when I am spinning the earth. This bug is new from .97.

Hello Bobwolf, it may be not a bug, maybe depending on your computer. Please provide as most data ea you can, screenshot and saved games most of all. And please please reposr bugs here. Thanks for you patience!

Edit: this 0.97 version was veery unlucky *sigh*

Edit: 2@Dioxine: please may the TU required for firing heavy machine gun be decreased? At least under 90%? Eg. between 70 and 80 would be fine, i'd go with 70 anyway since it's kinda useless for the first half of the game i think...

Edit: 3 and now the only "compain" i got  ;D when playng at the most higher difficulty level (4 and or 5) sometimes progroms anc certain mission are unbeatable because as soon as i made first steps out of my vessel i get shot and killed almost instantaneinly?!?!  :oWhat the heck they got super duper reactions fire or maybe are fraking robots? This occpurs with machines (cyberdisc, ecc.) and humas! Please may these reactions times be slowered, for instance, by an half? Another point: may be the vanilla cyberdisc replaced by the vanilla hovertank, provided the latter are't already used by enemy in the game. The vanilla cyberdisc are really very "alienish" so somenthing more ordinary would be more setting to the framework :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:05:35 pm by niculinux »

Offline Bobwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 07, 2015, 07:00:10 pm »
Use smoke grenade. Drop it from your inventory to avoid reaction fire. Skip the turn and you should be able to move more.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1568 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:32 pm »
Edit: 3 and now the only "compain" i got  ;D when playng at the most higher difficulty level (4 and or 5) sometimes progroms anc certain mission are unbeatable because as soon as i made first steps out of my vessel i get shot and killed almost instantaneinly?!?!  :oWhat the heck they got super duper reactions fire or maybe are fraking robots? This occpurs with machines (cyberdisc, ecc.) and humas! Please may these reactions times be slowered, for instance, by an half?

Don't be ridiculous. You're simply not good enough to play on this level yet.

niculinux

« Reply #1569 on: December 07, 2015, 10:40:56 pm »
Don't be ridiculous. You're simply not good enough to play on this level yet.

Well, it's sometimes frustrating, nonetheless sad but true  :'(

Hey, before the end of the year a quick update would be relased to fix the latest 0.97 bugs, at least the floater corpse one? If not, how i may fix it manually?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 08, 2015, 12:31:31 am »
@niculinux:
Go into Piratez_Armors.rul and change every instance of "corpseGeo: STR_FLOATER_CORPSE" to "corpseGeo: STR_GUILD_CORPSE" to fix the floater issue.

@Dioxine:
Btw, many of the guild and church captures no longer counts as a live alien, although they are recovered. They are not tagged with "liveAlien: true" in Piratez_Faction.rul.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1571 on: December 08, 2015, 01:31:43 am »
Yes, that was already fixed too.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 08, 2015, 02:24:07 am »
After starting a new game for 0.97 i noticed that the sneaky AI was set to on. I've never really played with it as i've heard that it could be a bit wonky or something. That was just for Openxcom however, so i wanna ask if you guys use it for x-piratez and what your experiences with it are

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 08, 2015, 02:28:44 am »
@niculinux:
Go into Piratez_Armors.rul and change every instance of "corpseGeo: STR_FLOATER_CORPSE" to "corpseGeo: STR_GUILD_CORPSE" to fix the floater issue.

I'm getting the same bug, but with both floaters and snakemen. What do i replace for snakemen?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1574 on: December 08, 2015, 02:47:47 am »
Replace STR_SNAKEMAN_CORPSE with STR_CHURCH_CORPSE