aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3690898 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1215 on: November 04, 2015, 08:04:39 pm »
Yes - that makes voodoo still highly useful for MC'ing enemies during base defence & through a ship's hull. I've never wanted the psi to be limited by terrain obstructions; otherwise I could just enable the 'psi LOS limitation' oxcom option.

@cheat codes: don't discuss such stuff here. This topic is about the mod, not about OXCom cheats.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 05, 2015, 12:55:49 am »
Hum.. So the brainerz developed yet another fancy new tool of mass destruction, but I'm not sure how they could have deemed this one worthy of use.. The Blizzard Pocket MLRS: Fires 6 missiles in quick succession sounds awesome, but 30% accuracy and effective range 6?! How is one supposed to use that?

I understand the low accuracy as making it sort of a HMG "fire everywhere and you might hit a few times" type weapon, but that works with ~30%+ to hit (so 50% accuracy, on a gal with 60+ firing, no max range), so I am confused by the maxRange: 6 of the MLRS. Or is it really just for "aim at a bunch of barns and laugh as they all blow up"?

Also.. there used to be a mechanic for breaking prisoners and interrogating them again. Has that been replaced or have I been playing for 9 months (in game) without finding the proper topic?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:59:41 am by Arthanor »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 05, 2015, 01:32:27 am »
Hum.. So the brainerz developed yet another fancy new tool of mass destruction, but I'm not sure how they could have deemed this one worthy of use..

Or is it really just for "aim at a bunch of barns and laugh as they all blow up"?

Eeyup!  And we've got Cold Beer (and Vodka) Too!

Also.. there used to be a mechanic for breaking prisoners and interrogating them again. Has that been replaced or have I been playing for 9 months (in game) without finding the proper topic?

There's now something that you need to research first  to do that - It's called 'Prisoners Interrogation' and I think you need 'The Social Hierarchy', 'Slavery', and 'Back to School' to get it. (It might need a fourth topic - but I don't know what it is)

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 05, 2015, 01:46:58 am »
Is there an easy way to upgrade from an older version of this mod, or should I just reinstall it each time? I was hoping not to have to mess with my settings again.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 05, 2015, 02:14:51 am »
Personaly I just unzip the new version over the top of the old and let ALZip overwrite all the files with the new ones.

Never had a problem with the game after doing this.

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 05, 2015, 02:17:25 am »
That's the answer I was hoping for :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 05, 2015, 02:20:43 am »
Eeyup!  And we've got Cold Beer (and Vodka) Too!
Alright! Will give it a try eventually then :D

There's now something that you need to research first  to do that - It's called 'Prisoners Interrogation' and I think you need 'The Social Hierarchy', 'Slavery', and 'Back to School' to get it. (It might need a fourth topic - but I don't know what it is)
I think there might have been back when I played Piratez (with no X) but I got lucky there and got old earth books early to get back to school. Not this time.. Oh well, there still plenty for the brainerz to work on!

Thanks!

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 05, 2015, 02:37:07 am »
Found that damn bug. Wrong spritesheet size. Replace the following entry in the Piratez.rul:

Code: [Select]
  - type: DEM_8.PCK
    subX: 32
    subY: 40
    width: 512
    height: 440
    files:
      0: Resources/Sprites/DEM_8.png

(the original has height: 200)

Tried this, didn't fix it. I am having the same issue when I encounter the demons that are directly south of the ship, by the building.

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 05, 2015, 04:22:13 am »
It is severely restricted compared to vanilla. You must be in sight of the victim. You can only get the voodoo rod (another name for the psi-amp) while wearing the witch costume. Apart from, it functions the same way as vanilla psi-amp.

I preferred vanilla. Three guys surrounded by bodyguards while scouts hunted for victims ..  Now on longer ... :(
Unfortunately everyone else's psi powers work like vanilla but better as it seems either the enemy with a psychic only needs to see your lasses once before they are able to wreak havok on them. Just ONCE. Even then it seems like they don't need to have seen your people at all.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1224 on: November 05, 2015, 09:09:22 am »
Because you're fighting natural-born psionics? No matter the explanation, vanilla psi was like playing with cheats, in other words, boring as hell.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 05, 2015, 10:26:47 am »
A "fix" for the elusive
Spoiler:
Star God Coordinator.

mwahahaha  :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 06, 2015, 06:47:45 pm »
So, I opened the BootyPedia for the first time and I need some help translating from PirateLanguage to DummyLanguage.

1. When reading about craft, what does "Mileage" indicate exactly?

2. When reading about weapons, what are: "Skill", "POWER Bonus", "Special", "Extra Damage (Lethal)" and "Extra Pain" ? And how do they affect damage?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1227 on: November 06, 2015, 07:18:51 pm »
1. Mileage = how much fuel / 1 Elerium tanked
2. Skill = what skill is used to calculate accuracy
3. POWER Bonus: A bonus to the POWER value listed next to ammo/weapon. So if it's, say, 30, and the bonus = Strength * 0.5, the effective power value for the weapon, when someone with 40 Str is using it, will be 50.
4. Extra damage - amount of extra damage done, after the normal calcs are finished. 'lethal' means that much of the damage inflicted (stun or smoke) will be inflicted again as HP damage, eg. if you shoot someone and inflict 10 Stun damage, he's going to take 5 HP damage as well, if the value for extra damage was 50%. Extra damage 'stun' inflicted by lethal weapons is different a bit, since they generally only inflict Stun if they inflict Fatal Wounds; this property multiplies that stun damage.
5. Extra pain - afair the weapon does extra Morale damage, ie. multiplies the Morale damage normally inflicted by damaging HP.
6. "Special" is just a category to denote special properties of a weapon.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:21:43 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 06, 2015, 07:41:27 pm »
1. Mileage = how much fuel / 1 Elerium tanked

So, if Bonaventura has mileage=20 and fuel cap=500 ... it means it needs 25 elerium to fully refuel ... correct?

3. POWER Bonus: A bonus to the POWER value listed next to ammo/weapon. So if it's, say, 30, and the bonus = Strength * 0.5, the effective power value for the weapon, when someone with 40 Str is using it, will be 50.

I don't see label "POWER" written anywhere... do you mean the "Damage" ? If so, understood.

2. Skill = what skill is used to calculate accuracy
4. Extra damage - amount of extra damage done, after the normal calcs are finished. 'lethal' means that much of the damage inflicted (stun or smoke) will be inflicted again as HP damage, eg. if you shoot someone and inflict 10 Stun damage, he's going to take 5 HP damage as well, if the value for extra damage was 50%. Extra damage 'stun' inflicted by lethal weapons is different a bit, since they generally only inflict Stun if they inflict Fatal Wounds; this property multiplies that stun damage.
5. Extra pain - afair the weapon does extra Morale damage, ie. multiplies the Morale damage normally inflicted by damaging HP.
6. "Special" is just a category to denote special properties of a weapon.

Understood.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 06, 2015, 07:46:36 pm »
"power " is how you defined the weapon's (or ammo's) damage in the ruleset. It means its "raw" damage or in the case of explosives, also tends to set the blast radius, or only the blast radius for incendiaries. I think that's the reason it's not in the ruleset as damage, since not all weapons really use that value.

Side note: I've been curious about the distinction between WP and incendiary stuff. Do WP actually deal damage on hit? (more than the ~10 of an incendiary hit). How does that work?