Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610308 times)

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1170 on: October 30, 2015, 04:47:03 pm »
Just to be sure - we should change height from 440 to 200. Will test when I get back home.
but  200 was the original...i'm confused i don't even know what file i must change

Offline apocan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 30, 2015, 05:14:00 pm »
Hi

i have been playing 0,95b for a while and found that researching plasma bomb launcher parts makes game crush

thanks for everyone who make this mod

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 30, 2015, 06:17:14 pm »
- Fix: Research tree (those playing older versions... research a single leader and a single commander again...)

Will it be necessary to research broken leaders again, too?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1173 on: October 30, 2015, 06:19:31 pm »
but  200 was the original...i'm confused i don't even know what file i must change

200 -> 440, and the file is under mods/piratez/ruleset

Will it be necessary to research broken leaders again, too?

No.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:39:12 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 30, 2015, 08:43:26 pm »
Okay, I don't know - maybe this game is getting to me, but: I want to produce Full Plate Mail and I do not have any Cyclops Corpses. However, I do have a few very alive Cyclopses (?) - is there really nothing that can be done about this?  ::)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1175 on: October 30, 2015, 09:24:44 pm »
Note on the latest release uh I'm sorry for not being much help here but I'm currently trying to participate in a pogrom but this one in particular in the eurosyndicate any time I try to get in it closes the game. Any idea why this happens?

Edit:nevermind this was for B
Attaching a save file is incredibly helpful. As seen here:

Found that damn bug. Wrong spritesheet size. Replace the following entry in the Piratez.rul:

Code: [Select]
  - type: DEM_8.PCK
    subX: 32
    subY: 40
    width: 512
    height: 440
    files:
      0: Resources/Sprites/DEM_8.png

(the original has height: 200)

Dioxine is able to fix things more easily if save games are attached, as seen here as Dioxine found a bug in jmf's save game, instead of just making random "this broke" comments.

Oh, oh, can we have plague doctor costume for the gals? Or the mooks? The Ghouls could wear something like this!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbc1E-XR4SY

I'm very sure if you completed the required various spritesheets, Dioxine would utilize them. Otherwise, that's a lot of work to ask for. jmf started drawings and Roxis put the idea into action; much easier to use than words.

''Now with a coustom .exe''
Really?After all this time its still not spelled correcly?

If you noticed it sooner, bug report it so it gets fixed faster.

Okay, I don't know - maybe this game is getting to me, but: I want to produce Full Plate Mail and I do not have any Cyclops Corpses. However, I do have a few very alive Cyclopses (?) - is there really nothing that can be done about this?  ::)

Currently, does not look like there's a Butcher option for Cyclops (as there is for Celatids, Chryssalids, Reapers, Boomosauri, and whatever else I skipped). Maybe you could submit as a suggestion rather than complaint?

Hi

i have been playing 0,95b for a while and found that researching plasma bomb launcher parts makes game crush

Attaching a save game before the crash and explaining what you did to replicate the crash would be incredibly helpful.

Oh man, after doing all this wiki work, I've grown so jaded.  :-X

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1176 on: October 30, 2015, 09:26:34 pm »
Hi

Dammit, just right after the release. Thanks for the report. To fix this, you need to add the following to the user/mods/piratez/ruleset, under the research:

- name: STR_BOMB_LAUNCHER
    cost: 0
    needItem: true

''Now with a coustom .exe''
Really?After all this time its still not spelled correcly?

Yes, 'coustom'. Problem? :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:28:23 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 30, 2015, 09:33:17 pm »
I'm very sure if you completed the required various spritesheets, Dioxine would utilize them. Otherwise, that's a lot of work to ask for. jmf started drawings and Roxis put the idea into action; much easier to use than words.
That was a joke.
Currently, does not look like there's a Butcher option for Cyclops (as there is for Celatids, Chryssalids, Reapers, Boomosauri, and whatever else I skipped). Maybe you could submit as a suggestion rather than complaint?
And that wasn't a complaint.
Oh man, after doing all this wiki work, I've grown so jaded.  :-X
Obviously. Have you tried x-grog?   ???

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1178 on: October 30, 2015, 09:34:43 pm »
@DeWolf: Reload from before the landing, land again (savescumming must be 'on'). The game very occasionally crashes on map generation. At least that much I can guess without a save file.

@Zharkov: it'd be just too cruel to butcher such poor creatures in cold blood, don't you think? But I will think what can be done about it, since if you can't retrieve the armor, you'll be needlessly murdering them in battle just out of spite (not to mention the greed) :)

@Arthanor: cool ideas with the deployments, but it is huge amount of work for dubious value (at least from my POV), plus it's really hard to impossible to get fully predictable and as-planned deployments. I just left deployment to the forces of random, except for the Fighters, where I thought that 2-4 guys scattered around the map would be so little challenge it's not even funny. The way I did it, the mission is more dangerous and much faster to play.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:39:57 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 30, 2015, 09:40:51 pm »
@Zharkov: it'd be just too cruel to butcher such poor creatures in cold blood, don't you think? But I will think what can be done about it, since if you can't retrieve the armor, you'll be needlessly murdering them in battle just out of spite (not to mention the greed) :)

So they are sentient creatures? Seemed to me the Gals asked them and they couldn't say...   8)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1180 on: October 30, 2015, 09:43:37 pm »
So they are sentient creatures? Seemed to me the Gals asked them and they couldn't say...   8)

Well, Deep Ones, Lobstermen and especially Star Gods are sentient, but this doesn't stop the gals from butchering and eating them :) The cyclops are just too cute (and yeah, they are sentient, although really dumb - I'd say mid-way between a human and a chimpanzee).

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 30, 2015, 10:33:20 pm »
Attaching a save file is incredibly helpful. As seen here:

Dioxine is able to fix things more easily if save games are attached, as seen here as Dioxine found a bug in jmf's save game, instead of just making random "this broke" comments.
Sorry I'm new on these forums.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 31, 2015, 11:48:01 am »
So the reason why i dont have a variety of missions is because they last for months and i dont bother shooting them down?

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 31, 2015, 05:54:49 pm »
Btw,the fix  worked thanks DIoxine i could finish the progom, made more research, wonder what i have to do to get more armors a bit more and went to anotehr long and tedious progrom...

Offline apocan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 31, 2015, 07:06:20 pm »
Dammit, just right after the release. Thanks for the report. To fix this, you need to add the following to the user/mods/piratez/ruleset, under the research:

- name: STR_BOMB_LAUNCHER
    cost: 0
    needItem: true

Yes, 'coustom'. Problem? :)

thanks now able to research plasma bomb launcher parts :)