aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610072 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95B - 24 Oct - Sink The Bismarck
« Reply #1140 on: October 28, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »
Hard to say anything since I haven't encountered such a bug myself, despite playing dozens of base defenses. Not a single instance of an enemy spawning in the wrong place, or getting 'stuck', or 'idle', whatever that means. I've even rechecked every map recently to see if there are no wrong node definitions, nada. So I'm highly skeptical about your claims - a proof (saved game) would help. Are you sure you have installed the mod properly? Are you sure you're not using any clashing mods? Is the vanilla OXCom working for you properly?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 28, 2015, 08:23:31 pm »
Maybe it has to do with base layout? I think if you have very small bases, the enemies can spawn in weird places because they run out of spawns. Now they should be able to come out and meet you, but routes are sometimes weird and units just end up pacing between 2 nodes.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1142 on: October 28, 2015, 08:46:36 pm »
Yeah I've increased the number of nodes in hangars with that problem in mind, but I guess if you have no hangar, the game just goes crazy, trying to spawn 20-35 units within just 8 or so spawn-points... And even less spawn points for large units... But this isn't a mod-related problem, you'd get the same result in vanilla. I was thinking about increasing base's height to 3, thus creating more room in the lift to spawn units, but... this would require rebuilding 50 or so maps :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:48:55 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 28, 2015, 09:08:40 pm »
I always have hangars in my bases, so I can maintain some kind of craft there to follow UFOs once they are spotted by the radar to know where they are going, or to reset the home base of my spy zeppelin so it doesn't have to fly so far to refuel once in a while, so I don't have that problem. In fact, having only one hangar works really well for base defences once you get your hands on a few baby nukes  8)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1144 on: October 29, 2015, 07:24:08 am »
Well, new version is up, wanted to have all these tiny (and not so tiny) details fixed last-minute. Also I swear, no more gals' stat changes! :)

A teaser pic for hi tier voodoo tech, there are no new follow-up techs... yet :)

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 29, 2015, 08:21:04 am »
Well, new version is up, wanted to have all these tiny (and not so tiny) details fixed last-minute. Also I swear, no more gals' stat changes! :)

A teaser pic for hi tier voodoo tech, there are no new follow-up techs... yet :)

So... there will be full-fledged hi-tech voodoo armors branch, for those players who prefer wield mighty magic in the next one or two updates? ^___________^
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:33:31 am by LexThorn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1146 on: October 29, 2015, 08:46:09 am »
Welll... yeah, definitely so, armors, but also weapons and even craft and facilities (just like with the old voodoo: you get MC rod but also mind shield) :) Next update should be focused on factions, but that also means some more Reticulan/Sectoid presence, and this ties directly with Reticulan VooDoo, which will contain new counters to Star Gods' cheaty magic, and that I want to introduce quite soon, as the Star Gods were made OP already with these future balancing techs in mind... :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:48:06 am by Dioxine »

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 29, 2015, 08:59:56 am »
Welll... yeah, definitely so, armors, but also weapons and even craft and facilities (just like with the old voodoo: you get MC rod but also mind shield) :) Next update should be focused on factions, but that also means some more Reticulan/Sectoid presence, and this ties directly with Reticulan VooDoo, which will contain new counters to Star Gods' cheaty magic, and that I want to introduce quite soon, as the Star Gods were made OP already with these future balancing techs in mind... :)

Oh! Not just armors branch but whole tech tree branch... Very, very nice! Wish you patience, enough time  and, most of all, not to lose fire of creativity.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 29, 2015, 09:05:13 am »
I have a question: appointment of a gal as a craft pilot with bonuses for craft and rising skills from piloting is beyond limitations of game engine now? I think it could be whole layer of gameplay if it will be possible.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1149 on: October 29, 2015, 03:05:49 pm »
For now, yes, it's impossible. I definitely want that option to appear, always did (always = since 1994, not since Piratez), but it's more of my long-term 'wishlist' for Yankes... I guess so long term I might write it myself before he has spare time to make it happen :)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 29, 2015, 03:54:20 pm »
Here are some cases when enemies would stay in the area untill i go find them myself
https://imgur.com/0URRQWs
https://imgur.com/Z14WSO2
I was there in about 8 or 9 turns
Remember the tank glitch i had where enemies would go in the top flourss i my base and stay here untill i had to use debug?
Something like that but instead of them being stuck its them being lazy to move their ass towards my bozars

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 29, 2015, 04:13:45 pm »
Here are some cases when enemies would stay in the area untill i go find them myself
https://imgur.com/0URRQWs
https://imgur.com/Z14WSO2
I was there in about 8 or 9 turns
Remember the tank glitch i had where enemies would go in the top flourss i my base and stay here untill i had to use debug?
Something like that but instead of them being stuck its them being lazy to move their ass towards my bozars

Yeah, I am experiencing this too, but I think of it as feature, not a bug. It is a siege!

Would be nice, if different factions would use different tactics. With some factions this lazy behavior seems more like unlawful loitering than siege...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1152 on: October 29, 2015, 04:27:29 pm »
Oh so it's simply that. That's a relief. I cannot be held responsible for the AI, dood. If the enemies don't want to go and get killed by your squad, IT'S XCOM, BABY! Get your ass moving and assault them, soldier! :)

(I might try further tweaking hangar nodes, but I don't think it'll help).

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 29, 2015, 04:43:49 pm »
As long as the stupid solo tank madness doesnt occur again i will be fine.Still apartment pogroms are hell,i have to send every single unit that can fit in doors to search the whole apartments....maybe i should spam china dragons untill i get blaster boms

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 29, 2015, 05:10:05 pm »

When you change things to factions, we will have to tamper with saves in order to see new missions, right?

As far as I know, all possible missions are written in the save, then every time one is picked, it will be removed from further saves. The game assumes that if a mission is not listed in the save, it has happened already. This means new missions (which had never been possible before) will remain impossible as they are not listed in saves from older version.