Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3679941 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95B - 24 Oct - Sink The Bismarck
« Reply #1095 on: October 24, 2015, 04:15:55 am »
new version eh?, too bad i will have to start a new game :C

Nah, this baby is backwards-compatible, well, in 99%. Some crazy stuff may happen but if you have more than 1 saved game, you should be safe.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 24, 2015, 04:49:28 am »
Nah, this baby is backwards-compatible, well, in 99%. Some crazy stuff may happen but if you have more than 1 saved game, you should be safe.
ok, gotta load my save in the new version, wish me luck

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #1097 on: October 24, 2015, 09:37:04 am »
(4) There is no fucking way I am ever going to fight invisible flying plasma vomiting brain frying weather vanes again.

Let's see the new version upload, but until then my tactic to deal with a Star God land battle was
Spoiler:
liberal use of Chinese dragons and Blaster Bombs, then plasma blasters for mopping up the remnants. As many area weapons as possible. I suppose mortars and similar can do the same effect. And yet, I lose a tank or two who were scouting. I have to try flames, but these buggers can fly.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 24, 2015, 11:22:29 am »
Hello Dioxine:
Very grateful, to include one of my designs on her wonderful mod Piratez. You can use, if appropriate, without restrictions, the rest of my mods. The Walker, the Pick Up Resistance, Archos mobile launchers, the alien races Outsider and Mongorns, or robot Warden. miguel am, too. I did not want to have two different nicks, but would not let me mods section, with that of alinare, although it sounds a bit weird. By the way, I see the sprites found that the armored car, were taken, the Xenonauts.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:33:15 am by alinare »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 24, 2015, 12:02:55 pm »
- Update: Almost all Tanks now require ammunition that needs to be manufactured. No more freebies! Also, manufacture requires 2 wrecks/tank now

Hmmm, No like the ammo thing :)
I had a battle running and my tanks suddenly were out of ammo! Now I have to manufacture it all over my bases.
At least the X-Sectopod is not affected. Good thing I have some around until I manufacture ammo for pretty much everything.

Some observations:
Spoiler:
But unless I mismanaged something (or I'm the last one to discover the bug :P), it seems the game only checks if the main weapon has enough ammo, if so, it will load the tank onto the ship and when deployed in combat, both the main and aux guns are fully loaded. Then after the mission is over the aux gun ammo is returned to the base stores as main gun ammo.

For example, in the attached game, check the HT Railgun stores then sent the Bonny to any of the wreckages in South America. Land, take off. Now check again the HT Railgun stores. It's now 200 units higher. Repeat, but this time unload the HT and load instead a X-Sectopod. Launch, land, take off. Check again. The ammo stores do not change, as the unit was not involved in combat.

Free ammo. I see an exploit here :)

As per wreckage, I suppose you can implement making a tank chassis from, early on, a wreckage (or two), and later, given new advances, making a new tank chassis from scratch, but somehow it is not yet within plans?

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 24, 2015, 02:03:37 pm »
- Update: Added (experimental) custom Ranks gfx

Sometimes, small things make me smile.  :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1101 on: October 24, 2015, 04:36:03 pm »
@Alinare: the pleasure is mine. You did a lot of good work with those, making 2x2 units is hard and that's why we see so few of them that aren't just recolors/modifications of vanilla units.

@Alex_D: god damn it. Try this ruleset - now the tanks do not have secondary ammo in QB, but how they behave in normal combat?

(about the tank manufacture: maybe. I don't want players to have access to an endless stream of tanks.)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:37:41 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 24, 2015, 07:36:30 pm »
Finally got a Star God and researched the location of the Governor. Church and Mercs providing opposition now. I have had 8 Base Attacks which I enjoy.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 24, 2015, 08:41:44 pm »
New stuff! Yay!  ;D Will try as soon as I finish my current battle.

Regarding melee: I seem to be missing A LOT recently, with gals that have 60-70% to hit. Sometimes 6-8 times in a row, which should be incredibly unlikely. Which made me wonder: Do enemies have melee dodge? Do they have ranged dodge? If they have only melee dodge, then that's one factor that would make melee a lot riskier (and to some extent warrant it being more powerful).

Since I don't know how much an enemy can dodge, nor how it is calculated (it is melee hit % - dodge %? or melee hit % * dodge % ?), I am starting to consider it better to just run up to a target and autoshot it (LACC-AP are good for that kind of close quarter fighting), unless I know only melee can produce the weapon power I need.

Also, on my earlier suggestion to add a snapshot to the axe: I just discovered pickaxes and short swords, and they have made me very happy :) Pickaxes are becoming the designated side weapon of all my shooty gals. Clear out terrain, melee that can't miss and fits on a belt. What's not to like?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1104 on: October 24, 2015, 09:25:18 pm »
Regarding melee: I seem to be missing A LOT recently, with gals that have 60-70% to hit. Sometimes 6-8 times in a row, which should be incredibly unlikely. Which made me wonder: Do enemies have melee dodge? Do they have ranged dodge? If they have only melee dodge, then that's one factor that would make melee a lot riskier (and to some extent warrant it being more powerful).

There's no such thing as ranged dodge. Some enemies have melee dodge, though, and it works like (Attack Acc - Dodge) = Final Acc. So gals with well over 100% melee acc should be fine any way. Melee dodge is usually based on Reactions, and dependant on facing - straight has 100% dodge, side 75%, back 50% (diagonals in between). Factions that have Melee Dodge for most members include Raiders, Mercs, Church and Smugglers. With others, it's uncommon. Star Gods and Traders don't have any - with the exception of Powered Armor. Enemy Power Armors now have 20-25% flat Melee Dodge. Almost no enemies have melee dodge of over 30-35%.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:27:13 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 24, 2015, 10:32:58 pm »
@Alex_D: god damn it. Try this ruleset - now the tanks do not have secondary ammo in QB, but how they behave in normal combat?
I had a battle open when reloaded the ruleset. The tanks in battle (HT Railguns to be precise) had full aux ammo. Upon returning the aux gun ammo was returned as main gun ammo.
If the game is reloaded from the geoscape, then vessel launches and lands, the aux guns magazines are empty. One can still manufacture aux gun ammo but it is not used when deployed in combat.
The main guns fire as normal.

(about the tank manufacture: maybe. I don't want players to have access to an endless stream of tanks.)
Spoiler:
After so many in-game years, I have accumulated a large amount of tank wrecks (or in fact accumulated large amounts of everything - so many ship engines that my most profitable built are Predators).  The biggest hurdle for a late game is not the large supply of materials, but the item building time (and storage requirements to a lesser extent). Tracked tanks are quick to build early on but later are kind of superseded by Hovertanks, which take days to make. By then, the making of a tank chassis from scratch (as just from wrecks) would make sense, not that it will benefit the late game player. Cash is not a problem either (over 1 billion and counting).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 24, 2015, 11:27:23 pm »
There's no such thing as ranged dodge. Some enemies have melee dodge, though, and it works like (Attack Acc - Dodge) = Final Acc. So gals with well over 100% melee acc should be fine any way. Melee dodge is usually based on Reactions, and dependant on facing - straight has 100% dodge, side 75%, back 50% (diagonals in between). Factions that have Melee Dodge for most members include Raiders, Mercs, Church and Smugglers. With others, it's uncommon. Star Gods and Traders don't have any - with the exception of Powered Armor. Enemy Power Armors now have 20-25% flat Melee Dodge. Almost no enemies have melee dodge of over 30-35%.
Ah well, that makes sense. I am fighting the Church. 70% to hit sounds good, until you try to hit someone with 20-30% dodge and only hitting 40-50% of the time (although I had streaks that are much worst than one would expect for even 30% chances.. that XCom RNG..!)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1107 on: October 25, 2015, 12:44:08 am »
I had a battle open when reloaded the ruleset. The tanks in battle (HT Railguns to be precise) had full aux ammo. Upon returning the aux gun ammo was returned as main gun ammo.
If the game is reloaded from the geoscape, then vessel launches and lands, the aux guns magazines are empty. One can still manufacture aux gun ammo but it is not used when deployed in combat.
The main guns fire as normal.

God damn it, so this bug was never fixed :/ I guess it's either back to unlimited ammo for secondary weapons, or maybe it'll be possible to fix with some MAJOR code juggling and trickery. Grr. I need to conduct tests of my own, too...

EDIT: There is a convoluted way of circumventing this problem:
1. Make tank ammo a normal ammo item;
2. Enable tank Inventory screen. You will only have access to that inventory at mission start & through scrolling through soldiers - inventory button won't work.
3. Load up tank weapons manually.
4. ??? Not sure yet if these weapons will be reloaded next mission, or if you have to load the tank manually every time.
5. ??? Possibly the tank ammo clip will be gone, even if you don't fire a round
6. ??? Not sure if you put anything in tank's inventory, it will be recovered or destroyed - don't know if this has been fixed, how does it work with dogs?

Of course this also means tanks will be possible to reload mid-mission, bug, feature? :)

EDIT2: Ain't gonna work. You always get 'refund' on ammo from the 1st weapon. So if you have, say, a normal 360-round clip on the tank MG, and fire 4 rounds, you will get 'refunded' 356 tank MG ammo clips. I guess there is no way but to either get rid of secondary weapons, or make them unlimited ammo, or... remodel tanks into wearable 'armor', in other words - vehicles :) I will experiment with that.

EDIT3: 2x2 crewed armors won't work properly. The game doesn't count the space they occupy, and if you take too many, it bombs out. Plus it is impossible to change movement/death sounds... I guess there's only one fallback left - unlimited secondary ammo. Gah...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 04:12:55 am by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1108 on: October 25, 2015, 06:00:27 pm »
Finally there was no other option than going back to unlimited ammo for tanks' secondary armaments. With that in mind, tank/autocannon was demoted to basic MG as a secondary weapon (but its main gun's power was buffed in 0.95B anyway).

Attaching a hotfix that fixes the tanks and also fixes the soldier ranks display (now they're visible in the Hideout menu as well). Let me know if there are any further problems.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 25, 2015, 10:02:04 pm »
hello, i was playing a bit when i had a crash, game closes  in the enemy turn during a mutant progrom, i changed to the new version of the mod, but the same, i don't know what to do besides put my save game here

thanks in advance for the help, sorry for not being able to put any art for now