aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3687401 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #1035 on: October 21, 2015, 02:08:17 pm »
I personally think option 2 is the best, unless you really have an empty slot to move the current gym suit to.

Offline flying_teabag

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 21, 2015, 02:16:33 pm »
And now +13 months later, after destroying 3 Academy bases and countless Raiders gear, the mercenaries show up for a facility raid - well their fighter is looking for their base which I really want them to attack.

PS the Dark Ones cause crashes every time I encounter them. i had to edit the save game to stun them so that I could continue. One of the CTDs showed an explosion then vector calculation errors appeared and the game CTD.

Having the same crash as well with the cark ones but i noticed it's always after the specter demon moves that the crash happens.  How do I edit my save to stun them so i can move on with the game because it's rather annoying.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 21, 2015, 02:38:38 pm »
Having the same crash as well with the cark ones but i noticed it's always after the specter demon moves that the crash happens.  How do I edit my save to stun them so i can move on with the game because it's rather annoying.

I've encountered them and never had this problem.

Perhaps it's an install issue?

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 21, 2015, 03:58:22 pm »

Look for the soldier details and change the following in their attributes. Status is normally 0 if alive and stunlevel is 0 if not stunned at all.

stunlevel: 130

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1039 on: October 21, 2015, 05:55:20 pm »
Yeah, too confusing. I think this can be done 3 ways - one is to have a mod with an alt look you can turn on or off; second is pulling this into the mod, making it 2 outfits that share the same item and tech (and possibly, but not neccesarily, stats), but can be selected - one or the other - for each girl separately. The third one is to make this a completely new outfit, by making the current gym suit into something else altogether.

The best is to make alt mods because the armor choice is getting quite long already.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 21, 2015, 06:19:46 pm »
The best is to make alt mods because the armor choice is getting quite long already.

Seconded!!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 21, 2015, 07:03:02 pm »
Personally, I like how some of the paperdolls vary according to the look of the gals (ex.: Pirate outfit, which is slightly different for all of them, some having hats, others not). Using Yanke's recolors, it might be possible to vary the color of the sprite similarly to match as well (ex.: Camo gear: Some gals could have black "sniper/urban" guerilla armor, some have guerrillero green, maybe some have desert brown, some get helmets/berrets, some not, etc)

That way the variation is there, can be tailored to the gals style (especially hair color, because gals gotta be fashionable!) and the player doesn't have to deal with extra armor types (of which there are indeed already many).

The option of "looks mods" like Roxis' works well too, but is more for "heavy modifications", which works if we can't agree on what's best.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1042 on: October 21, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »

Quite long? You've seen nothing yet. The alt option will be choosen if there is no reason to create a new armor.

Personally, I like how some of the paperdolls vary according to the look of the gals (ex.: Pirate outfit, which is slightly different for all of them, some having hats, others not). Using Yanke's recolors, it might be possible to vary the color of the sprite similarly to match as well (ex.: Camo gear: Some gals could have black "sniper/urban" guerilla armor, some have guerrillero green, maybe some have desert brown, some get helmets/berrets, some not, etc)

That way the variation is there, can be tailored to the gals style (especially hair color, because gals gotta be fashionable!) and the player doesn't have to deal with extra armor types (of which there are indeed already many).

What do you mean, hair color? All sprites are recolored to fit gal's hair and skin color. That's also the reason I cannot recolor armors, as both options are already taken by hair/skin recoloring. All what's left is rank-based recolor, and I intend to leave it in reserve (maybe for... ranks?).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:19:11 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 21, 2015, 07:25:16 pm »
Alternate rank icon with sharks.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 21, 2015, 07:36:16 pm »
Quite long? You've seen nothing yet. The alt option will be choosen if there is no reason to create a new armor.

What do you mean, hair color? All sprites are recolored to fit gal's hair and skin color. That's also the reason I cannot recolor armors, as both options are already taken by hair/skin recoloring. All what's left is rank-based recolor, and I intend to leave it in reserve (maybe for... ranks?).

Oh, I hadn't realizes you used all the recolors by gender already. My comment was that it could be interesting to recolor the armor by gender, and then make "matching" combinations. For example, green/black camo gear could go with red/blond hair, brown camo with blue hair (not for camo value but good complementary colour, blue+green and blue+black aren't as good)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1045 on: October 21, 2015, 07:50:46 pm »
Hmm, by gender? Didn't know about that. What's the code for that? But even if so, that's just 2 colors.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 21, 2015, 08:19:53 pm »
I was referring to:
And we should not forget that ruleset allow change colors on rank (one color) and nationality/gender (3 colors).
I think it's the same as what face and hair color is? Or maybe now. I'm not sure. But it's 3 colors according to this, so it would still leave one more.

As to how it works, only the creator knows.. Or at least I don't.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 21, 2015, 08:46:35 pm »
some recap from ruleset on https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_%28OpenXcom%29
Code: [Select]
spriteFaceGroup Pixel color group in palette that will be replace in unit graphic by new color, range form 1-15 (its skip first group). Used by face recoloring based on nationality.

spriteFaceColor New colors index for face pixels. 8 values ordered by:

Male Blond
    Female Blond
    Male Brown
    Female Brown
    Male Asian
    Female Asian
    Male African
    Female African

Other units use random position form table. Value 0 mean original value.

spriteHairGroup Pixel color group in palette that will be replace in unit graphic by new color, range form 1-15 (its skip first group). Used by hair recoloring based on nationality.
spriteHairColor New colors index for hair pixels. 8 values ordered by:

Male Blond
    Female Blond
    Male Brown
    Female Brown
    Male Asian
    Female Asian
    Male African
    Female African

spriteUtileGroup Pixel color group in palette that will be replace in unit graphic by new color, range form 1-15 (its skip first group).
spriteUtileColor New colors index for pixels. 8 values ordered by:

Male Blond
    Female Blond
    Male Brown
    Female Brown
    Male Asian
    Female Asian
    Male African
    Female African

spriteRankGroup Pixel color group in palette that will be replace in unit graphic by new color, range form 1-15 (its skip first group). -
spriteRankColor New colors index for pixels. For solders 6 values ordered by:

STR_ROOKIE
    STR_SQUADDIE
    STR_SERGEANT
    STR_CAPTAIN
    STR_COLONEL
    STR_COMMANDER

For aliens 7 values ordered by (alien unit rank property):

STR_LIVE_SOLDIER
    STR_LIVE_ENGINEER
    STR_LIVE_MEDIC
    STR_LIVE_NAVIGATOR
    STR_LIVE_LEADER
    STR_LIVE_COMMANDER
    STR_LIVE_TERRORIST

Civilians uses random position form 8 element table. Value 0 mean original value.
Only difference in extended is maximum table size of values.

Thins mean that you can change hair/skin plus one additional color based on gender/nationality.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 21, 2015, 08:46:58 pm »

alt armors, yes please, for the time being is the better option, alt armors mods that can be used at the whim of the player

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 21, 2015, 10:49:48 pm »
For all those who miss the flexible VodooRod.  8)