Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3664249 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #1005 on: October 17, 2015, 07:00:02 am »
Interesting ideas, I won't say no if I could conjure gfx out of thin air :) Yeah I know this is content-heavy mod, but even so, all this stuff requires tons of work. For now I'm adding this to the idea bank (to the other 10 or so dreamed-up outfits).

@jmf: learn to live with Pogroms, there always be one every month :)

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 17, 2015, 07:02:01 am »
well, time to go to sleep, here have another present, a sneak peek of my next alternate design
https://prnt.sc/8s6ajw
let see if you can guess what suit is meant to replace...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:53:24 pm by jmf »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1007 on: October 17, 2015, 07:04:12 am »
lol, bloomers :)

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 17, 2015, 07:05:53 am »
Interesting ideas, I won't say no if I could conjure gfx out of thin air :) Yeah I know this is content-heavy mod, but even so, all this stuff requires tons of work. For now I'm adding this to the idea bank (to the other 10 or so dreamed-up outfits).

@jmf: learn to live with Pogroms, there always be one every month :)

i can draw them if i have the time

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 17, 2015, 08:34:12 am »
@jmf: In pixel art? That'd be nice :)

@Dioxine: I think I found why I thought there were "empty" research projects in Piratez. When you research something for which you already have the base project (ex.:
Spoiler:
researching personal armor parts after having already gotten human carapace armor from something else, or re-researching Gun Almanach
, it shows as "we have now discovered: (empty space)" (or something like that). If it still unlocks a new UFOPaedia article through GetOneFree or something, then you get that, but otherwise you get nothing, and if it didn't unlock any new project either, you end up with nothing but a "We have now discovered: (nothing)" and nothing else.

TL;DR: Since Piratez works by researching some things multiple times and OpenXCom doesn't display the name of things you have already researched if you research them again, you might end up with interrogations or item researched that don't get named, don't show any bootypedia article and don't show any "we can now research" or "we can now produce" window, leading to very confusing reports. Nothing to do for you I don't think.. but it might be worth a feature request? "Always display the name of a completed research project"?

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 17, 2015, 10:56:42 am »
I'll investigate this.
And to answer your question: no, he can be found on a Cruiser. Just not with this particular crew.
EDIT: the crash is caused by VooDoo Rod; they're discontinued as standalone items (only available as a part of Witch outfit now). Sell them and everything will be fine.

Thanks for the tip. I sold the VD Rods, originally on my main base but forgot to on the remaining bases.

Now, I'm reporting another type of crash. It happened to me before with the Dark Ones, specifically, I think, when transparent demons are involved.
I'm attaching the save game. If I end the turn just like this, the game crashes on me.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1011 on: October 17, 2015, 11:39:53 am »
No idea what's wrong here, they're basically copy-pasted pinky demons. Although with save-scumming, the game doesn't crash every time... :/ I think it might be some map crash, since it depends on where the spectre is moving. Or it might involve spotting, as sometimes I see 'enemy' icon flashing just before the crash.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 18, 2015, 05:26:56 am »
@Arthanor : i wish but i don't know how to pixel art, :C mostly digital, anyway i have another piece just because i can.
Since japan no longer uses bloomers as school uniform i don't feel guilty for having them as fe... i mean favorite female clothing (alternate Gym suit yay)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:38:21 am by jmf »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1013 on: October 18, 2015, 11:36:31 pm »
Had a Humanist tank approach Bonaventura. Unloaded 10 piratez mostly with tech blades, rolled like 20 attacks against the tank, no effect, it kills them, rage quit.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 18, 2015, 11:45:22 pm »
Since japan no longer uses bloomers as school uniform i don't feel guilty for having them as fe... i mean favorite female clothing (alternate Gym suit yay)

jmf, I'm makeing several alternate versions of the armours - is it alright if I borrow your Idea for the Gym gear? 

I'll start a thread for sugestions/questions when I have some ready to go

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 19, 2015, 12:46:05 am »
jmf, I'm makeing several alternate versions of the armours - is it alright if I borrow your Idea for the Gym gear? 

I'll start a thread for sugestions/questions when I have some ready to go

yay an pixel artist, of course ypur remember to say "i take the desing form this guy over there (protip : me)"

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1016 on: October 19, 2015, 12:59:24 am »
And the males of the world rejoiced.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 19, 2015, 04:04:16 am »
And the males of the world rejoiced.

is that so then look a this one i made, warning: slightly nsfw
https://fav.me/d9dlmzh

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 19, 2015, 04:21:37 am »
No idea what's wrong here, they're basically copy-pasted pinky demons. Although with save-scumming, the game doesn't crash every time... :/ I think it might be some map crash, since it depends on where the spectre is moving. Or it might involve spotting, as sometimes I see 'enemy' icon flashing just before the crash.

Yes, now every time there is a battle with these Spectres around, the game for sure crashes. I 'm forced to do a save hack and give them stun to keep playing.

I got another CTD case to report:
Spoiler:
It happens I decided to build a few Hovertanks, specially the one with Railguns. Well, in the attached game, if you move around any of the tanks and get it killed by the obscene amount of Star Gods' reaction fire :) then game crashes immediately. It is be the first time I lose a HT so it's the first time I get a CTD. Would it be a bug?

Now, I'm approaching the $1B in cash, and still no sight of the SG Coordinator, those 17 Brainers are very bored as have nothing to do :)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 19, 2015, 11:24:55 am »
Over a year. I am yet to see the humanists, star gods. Just attacked a government craft in frustration.