Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3608970 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #915 on: October 10, 2015, 03:45:50 am »
The save is posted by Arthanor on the previous page, the mod is XPiratez, nothing more is needed.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 10, 2015, 01:45:57 pm »
The sheer amount of research - I am lost!! Just beat off a base assault. Think I may have been too greedy!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #917 on: October 10, 2015, 07:42:33 pm »
The sheer amount of research - I am lost!! Just beat off a base assault. Think I may have been too greedy!

I understand completely Cristao...  That is exactly the way I felt when I started my first (and only) game.  The mod is super rich with content and is designed to be replayed multiple times with differing game experiences.  I'm not experienced enough to give you a lot of recommendations on research paths, but there are more and more people playing, so I'm sure good recommendations can be given.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 11, 2015, 01:06:33 am »
hi, so took too long to copy a character, now the save game don't want to work, and the save games order in which it put their data is random so, i don't know :C

Btw, the solider i'm trying to move fro mthe old mod to the  0.95A
Code: [Select]
- id: 13
name: Huia Patuone
  initialStats:
          tu: 67
          stamina: 37
          health: 33
          bravery: 40
          reactions: 41
          firing: 70
          throwing: 79
          strength: 20
          psiStrength: 40
          psiSkill: 0
          melee: 87
  currentStats:
          tu: 70
          stamina: 49
          health: 40
          firing: 75
          strength: 33
        look: 2
        lookVariant: 8
        missions: 9
        kills: 4
        armor: STR_NONE_UC
        improvement: 0
        psiStrImprovement: 0
        equipmentLayout:
          - ammoItem: STR_ASMG_CLIP
            slot: STR_RIGHT_HAND
            itemType: STR_ASMG
          - slot: STR_BELT
            itemType: STR_BANDAGE
            slotX: 1
            itemType: STR_GRENADE

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:14:44 am by jmf »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 11, 2015, 06:25:20 am »
The save is posted by Arthanor on the previous page, the mod is XPiratez, nothing more is needed.

That terror site was nuts. I don't know what's up with it since I have played in that terrain before, but it kept crashing even after I removed all the grenades from all enemies. I gave up and loaded an older save with the Bonny on the way to the terror site, turned on save scumming to get a new map. Got a nice shanty town which the spartans and the gals thoroughly enjoyed blowing up, setting on fire, smashing through and destroying with every weapon at our disposal, without any issue :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #920 on: October 11, 2015, 10:53:41 am »
hi, so took too long to copy a character, now the save game don't want to work, and the save games order in which it put their data is random so, i don't know :C

No clue, have you even checked if the id you're using isn't already taken? Or if she's at the right base? I've never really moved characters, better ask someone who did. I do know that the character data doesn't need to be in a single place, so you might be missing something. Might be easier to buy a new hand and replace her.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 11, 2015, 04:41:57 pm »
I've only done it for Piratez after I had to reboot my campaign. Did it the way you said:

Buy a soldier and overwrite the soldier with mine, but keeping the ID of the original.

Didn't have any problems. The weird thing about OpenXCom saves is that they are more of a data dump. Within an entry (here the soldier's entry), data is not really ordered. It might be best to find a soldier to replace and change the values of all the fields one by one to make sure you got it right, rather than bulk copy-pasting.

Also, you can tell when new entries start because there will be a - leading the line, so make sure you copy everything between two of those markers.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 11, 2015, 06:23:01 pm »
No clue, have you even checked if the id you're using isn't already taken? Or if she's at the right base? I've never really moved characters, better ask someone who did. I do know that the character data doesn't need to be in a single place, so you might be missing something. Might be easier to buy a new hand and replace her.

mmmm i seee actually i did change the id, then i realized i didn't have barrack space so i tried replacing the hand, didn't work, i know, i can try modifying the hand to have the stats i want to
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:45:37 pm by jmf »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 11, 2015, 08:12:43 pm »
Am i the only one with bad luck that always runs into excavators or academy cutters?I did see something weird happening in the dark dominion so i might check that out with a proxy base

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #924 on: October 11, 2015, 08:21:07 pm »
Am i the only one with bad luck that always runs into excavators or academy cutters?I did see something weird happening in the dark dominion so i might check that out with a proxy base

I thought these are nice targets. Would you prefer dealing with Gunships?

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 11, 2015, 09:26:12 pm »
Why oh why did thou invent the Dark Ones .. There I was cruising along with my customised stun weapons when I had a mutant progrom in Oz Land.. I went in there thinking all would be well. DAMN!! Had to organize 3 man teams to take them down - Stunners and Proper Weapons ..

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 12, 2015, 10:13:47 am »

Well, for one thing, this gal is not assigned to any base nor traveling to any base.

Btw, the solider i'm trying to move fro mthe old mod to the  0.95A
Code: [Select]
- id: 13
name: Huia Patuone
  initialStats:
          tu: 67
          stamina: 37
          health: 33
          firing: 70
          strength: 20
  currentStats:
          tu: 70
          stamina: 49
          health: 40
          firing: 75
          strength: 33
        look: 2
        lookVariant: 8
        missions: 9
        kills: 4
        armor: STR_NONE_UC
        improvement: 0
        psiStrImprovement: 0
        equipmentLayout:
          - ammoItem: STR_ASMG_CLIP
            slot: STR_RIGHT_HAND
            itemType: STR_ASMG
            itemType: STR_BANDAGE
            slotX: 1
            itemType: STR_GRENADE

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 12, 2015, 10:23:36 am »
^In addition, try copying and pasting a soldier from the save and then editing their entries to match the one you posted above. That could help point out where you have missed.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 12, 2015, 09:13:41 pm »
Back for some more feedback!

1 - I finally discovered what the "Piles of Junk" that we start with are.. By looking for something completely different in the workshop list, seeing I could use them for something, and then going to look in the bootypedia to find an article I had never seen. I went back in my saves and figured out it was made available when I got "Spring Cleaning", but somehow it doesn't show up with the Decrypted Data Disk in the "We can now manufacture" window. It would be quite useful to get it, or to put a mention in the Spring Cleaning article that we "should get the runts to clean up the rest of the junk" or something, since the pile of junk article itself doesn't pop up either.

2 - The Harpy's Nest got attacked by a boarding torpedo and a very fun battle followed, but I noticed something in your base defenses (and terrors to some extent): The variety in enemy units plays a lot against the AI. In this case, it was traders, and between GOs, Hostesses, Pilots and engineers, I was able to panic the enemy easily with casualties and keep them from being too much of a threat.

It seems like if Traders are fed up with the pirates and send a crew to take them out, they should send more personal/power armor dudes and fewer civilians. The 3 enemies in power armor (and the few in personal armors) caused me pause, but all the fodder was great for keeping the gals' morale high while crippling the enemy, making the base defense fairly easy.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 12, 2015, 09:19:21 pm »
Got my first crash. Spartan Mutant Pogrom in South America. Tried restarting and relanding but comes up with same map. I have attached the savegame. How does one know what to look for in future?

The game is insistent on that map for a reason! I had to edit the savegame to stun all Spartans. I will leave the savegame attached if further study required.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:08:35 pm by Cristao »