Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610091 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #825 on: October 03, 2015, 09:52:10 pm »
I'm starting a new game too. Was hard to abandon the gal in Piratez, but X-Piratez looks so good. Keeping a log of my lootin' and pillagin' as well.

I can't do a LP, but that should give a faster overview of the experience.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 03, 2015, 11:15:17 pm »
Ok im scared,i did the back to school research and then made a library but i have still to see anything about industrial printer or the ability to make nuclear lasers

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #827 on: October 04, 2015, 03:58:19 am »
You need to find & research an Industrial Scanner first (ship component), or get it from interrogation or Data Disc.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 04, 2015, 12:23:13 pm »
Seems like when you first complete a govt personal code on research it will open the bootypedia screen when it completes but when you click ok or the arrows the game crashes,after that it works fine

Did the piratez ruleset you gave me change any of the research?Was it made with a new game in mind or did it just have the changes for the pistol because i have interogated both the engineers of the academy and traders with almost all laser weapons researched and laser dissasembly

Also the site had a 505 error where i couldnt enter the forums or the website.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:30:55 pm by doctor medic »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #829 on: October 04, 2015, 01:39:21 pm »
There was a slight research overhaul between 0.95 and 0.95A, that's all. Nothing pertaining to laser weapons though, these were slightly overhauled in 0.95, when the Hydra Laser was incorporated. You can get a random Laser Weapon from Academy Engineer interrogations, though - this was added a few versions ago, 0.93 I think.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 04, 2015, 02:47:58 pm »
So you get nuclear lasers by academy engineers and the occasional mercenary?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #831 on: October 04, 2015, 03:16:14 pm »
No. You can get data on normal lasers from them - the same lasers you can find in battle. Nuclear lasers are dependant on Russian Files and other stuff.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 04, 2015, 04:40:11 pm »
I hope you still get russian files from goverment cases unless you changed them to the goverment codes.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #833 on: October 04, 2015, 06:28:13 pm »
Neither. Govt Papers give you info on missions and countries. Govt Personal Files give you info on govt personel (plus bonus info normally associated with their interrogations). You do need info on Eurasian Autonomy to get Nuclear Lasers, but it's only a single one of many prerequisites.

In other news, here's progress on my new secret project: the (real) Battleship:

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 04, 2015, 07:57:59 pm »
i managed to kill a cyberdisc which was the last enemy of the boarding torpedo crew.I fired with the future bow but somehow it was stunned and didnt blow up as i saw 1 hostage being captured in the clear screen.Said cyberdisc was stuck in my large vaults

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #835 on: October 05, 2015, 11:36:28 am »
So I tried the new morale mechanics and it works pretty well. During a base defense a few gals were prone to panic (and died because they ran out of the firing spots). But otherwise I held well thanks to the kills the other scored. I'll try stocking a few handles to combat this.

In the end I had to hunt that guy. Using gals with higher bravery ensured that I could finish no matter how long it took.

I'll try to get my veterans into many crash sites so they train their bravery, let's call this 'motivation trips'.

Edit: That's some mighty battleship. I'll take those cannons.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:25:42 pm by Boltgun »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 05, 2015, 12:24:12 pm »
This is on my list to try post Hobbes' mod!

Offline just_dont

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 05, 2015, 02:15:26 pm »
By the way, many of new UFOs need some LoS fixes with regards to diagonal walls. E.g. I regularly shoot guys on 2nd floor of Supply ship from ground level through "holes" in floor along diagonal walls, in Fighter ship its diagonal piece of inner bulkhead can be seen though and shot through - and there are probably more issues that I forgot.

I'll try to get screenshots next time I meet one of those.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #838 on: October 05, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »
This mod is getting so complex I'm starting to think of making a dedicated website, with wiki and everything... :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 05, 2015, 04:47:16 pm »
Maybe we need to launch bootypedia.org? :D

@Dioxine: Looking at starting weapons, it seems like the X-bow is a pretty great one, which is kind of odd. 30 base damage + 10% of firing makes it 36 damage for a good shooty starting gal, and it's got pretty good snap and aim shots (44% TUs for 2 aims a turn is great compared to most guns which can only do one). Plus infinite ammo.

I expect the situation will right itself with plastasteel ammo for most guns, but it still seems odd. Muskets were an upgrade irl but I see very little reason to take one compared to an X-Bow, and even many of the more modern starting guns only really are better for having auto-shots. The hunting rifle specifically seems to lose out except for 20+ tiles range aimed shots, where not losing accuracy will eventually offset the ability to shoot twice, but at the cost of having only 5 shots (and probably being heavier although I didn't check that last one).

I'm not sure what needs to be done, if anything, but maybe have most rifles improve their damage like the X-Bow does? 10% of accuracy is not much, but it would make the other starting rifles stand up to the X-Bow much better, distinguish them from pistols (where it's much harder to aim precisely) and allow ranged gals to improve their damage as they get better, like the melee ones do (albeit at a much slower rate).