aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3611588 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #810 on: October 03, 2015, 12:36:23 pm »
I hate how the MC was instant winmode and dominated the game (in a BORING way; as much as I detest Blaster spam, at least Blaster spam all day every day is fun; too bad OXCom makes Blaster spam even more broken by removing the only Blaster limitation vanilla had - the limitation on the number of waypoints) unless someone was consciously avoiding abusing it. But I didn't want to remove it since it's really cool. So I'm trying to strike balance between how powerful it is, and what is the price to pay for such power. In other words, stop it from being a game-breaker.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:37:58 pm by Dioxine »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 03, 2015, 12:40:20 pm »
So can we atleast see the weapon of the star gods so we can atleast see where they shot from and throw a stun grenade?

Also where is the code for the heavy plasma pistol to fix it?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #812 on: October 03, 2015, 12:52:29 pm »
So can we atleast see the weapon of the star gods so we can atleast see where they shot from and throw a stun grenade?

Also where is the code for the heavy plasma pistol to fix it?

Yeah their beams are visible. Even better, you can USE the same weapon, which is embedded into the new invisible outfit - so there is some parity :) They're not totally invisible - just normal loftemps abuse as with the Catgirls. Granted Catgirls do not fly neither they have nasty powers...
The code is in the piratez.rul file, under STR_PLASMA_PISTOL_LT_CLIP

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 03, 2015, 12:53:01 pm »

No offense, but Gundam looks more like plastic toys than real SF to me... Although yeah, offense, since you've just offended me by saying my beautiful Annihilator is not SF... yeah certainly it'd be totally easy to build such a suit with 2015 tech :P

Not a f*cking chance. That was the precise goal of removing separate VooDoo Rod, so you can't have mages flying around in power armor. Now if you want to be a wizard, you gotta wear wizards' clothes. And die from just any weapon.

Annihilator: i  am not about recepe, just about art, how it looks. And it was just IMHO. Not criticism.

About VooDoo Rod: i like it way you made it. was talking about new look(art) for such built in devices in possible  future psi-armors. i think we need at least one, more closed type, not well protected but fit for mars surface use (wink wink).

My english is still not very good.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:59:20 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #814 on: October 03, 2015, 12:57:15 pm »
There are psi-armors planned, yeah, but they will have different functions than Mind Control. The Mind Control line will be concluded by an upgrade to Witch Armor which will also have the Rod build-in, and will probably allow you to fly since the Star Gods are doing it.
There will be 3 general categories of new psi: first, high-energy psi, pyrokinesis, that sort of stuff; probably least interesting since you have weapons to do that. Second, speed/stun psi, basically advancing along the line of Blitz/Crystalisk/Seductress armors; Third, endurance psi, dependant on Reticulans, which will be the best counter to Star Gods' powers, but it will force you to sacrifice speed & reactions, and will have weakness to melee.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:02:42 pm by Dioxine »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 03, 2015, 12:58:24 pm »
Yeah their beams are visible. Even better, you can USE the same weapon, which is embedded into the new invisible outfit - so there is some parity :) They're not totally invisible - just normal loftemps abuse as with the Catgirls. Granted Catgirls do not fly neither they have nasty powers...
The code is in the piratez.rul file, under STR_PLASMA_PISTOL_LT_CLIP
I replaced the previous code with the new one you gave us.
also the delete personal armor having trollium type is a little concerning
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:00:54 pm by doctor medic »

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 03, 2015, 01:03:02 pm »
There are psi-armors planned, yeah, but they will have different functions than Mind Control. The Mind Control line will be concluded by an upgrade to Witch Armor which will also have the Rod build-in, and will probably allow you to fly since the Star Gods are doing it.

At least final version of each must be with life-support systems(helmeted or something like that)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #817 on: October 03, 2015, 01:07:40 pm »
Agreed but this will be handled with Star Gods' cheaty magic in this case (the Ghost armor is already halfway there, with its resistance to smoke); I might need to write some lore around that, so the player will know that the Star Gods employ magic to survive in vaccuum (or on MARS, which concerns us the most), and that more advanced VooDoo armors are doing that as well. Ghost armor has some sort of breathing mask, but this is visible only when a gal is killed or stunned and the field breaks.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 03, 2015, 01:08:32 pm »
I got an error about the game not being able to load the ruleset of x-piratez.Dioxine can you confirm that the code you told us to replace
was right?

EDIT:i placed the code on both the right spot and in another spot,i removed the wrong one so i hope im right on this.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:11:39 pm by doctor medic »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #819 on: October 03, 2015, 01:12:19 pm »
I got an error about the game not being able to load the ruleset of x-piratez.Dioxine can you confirm that the code you told us to replace was right?

YAML language is a real beast. The code is good, straight from my own file here and tested, but pasting it in proper way is tricky - you need to religiously observe the number of spaces. I'll better just paste the modified .rul here.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 03, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »
Agreed but this will be handled with Star Gods' cheaty magic in this case (the Ghost armor is already halfway there, with its resistance to smoke); I might need to write some lore around that, so the player will know that the Star Gods employ magic to survive in vaccuum (or on MARS, which concerns us the most), and that more advanced VooDoo armors are doing that as well. Ghost armor has some sort of breathing mask, but this is visible only when a gal is killed or stunned and the field breaks.

Or like that. Fully agree.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 03, 2015, 01:16:51 pm »
So if i got it right morale will be droped when its over 50 and regained when over 50?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #822 on: October 03, 2015, 01:21:08 pm »
So if i got it right morale will be droped when its over 50 and regained when over 50?

Yeah, for a person who has Bravery 50.
This is of course in addition to the morale gained normally by killing enemies and lost by losing comrades.

Offline iciclefox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 03, 2015, 05:01:25 pm »
guess its time to start yet another game just to test how the changes to the morale system now feels. ill give an opinion at some point

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 03, 2015, 08:17:47 pm »
I actualy havent started a new game and im contiuing it from the last version.I was scared for a second that i didnt get nuclear lasers until i realised that i havent goten a library...woops.