Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610353 times)

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.93 - 19 Aug - Sectoids!
« Reply #630 on: September 12, 2015, 09:59:34 pm »
Hello i was wasndering if it will be possible to manufacture starting weapons such as the hand cannon and boarding gun?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #631 on: September 12, 2015, 10:12:09 pm »
Also, from your description it looks like there won't be any totally game breaking updates anymore... which is also very nice. Already looking forward to it.

No, there won't be any such drastic changes anymore, I think. I'm looking forward to it as well :)

Hello i was wasndering if it will be possible to manufacture starting weapons such as the hand cannon and boarding gun?

It is possible, and quite early on the research tree, too. Boarding Gun manufacturing is crucial to firearms progress, and Handcannon is just a bit higher up.

niculinux

« Reply #632 on: September 12, 2015, 10:25:57 pm »
OK, thanks.

It looks like (based on voting) that I will start playing your mod in about 1-2 months. It would be cool to have version 1.0 before the series ends :) If we count 120 episodes, 3 a week, gives us 40 weeks, so almost a year... yeah, looks promising :D

Also, from your description it looks like there won't be any totally game breaking updates anymore... which is also very nice. Already looking forward to it.

I'd wait the 1.0 for a serie, the ultimate one on youtube!!! :P :P

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 12, 2015, 10:30:48 pm »
No, there won't be any such drastic changes anymore, I think. I'm looking forward to it as well :)

It is possible, and quite early on the research tree, too. Boarding Gun manufacturing is crucial to firearms progress, and Handcannon is just a bit higher up.

really? , already in game?  them maybe i'm just dumb

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 14, 2015, 01:45:36 am »
Dropping in after coming back from my holiday and thinking I'd like a new game of Piratez. Two things to say:

1- I really like the idea of self-destruct ships. Making the timer depend on the ship (high powered engines blow up faster when set to self-destruct) could help mitigate things for people who aren't into the idea. Potentially, putting two items in the engine room, one that is an incendiary and the other that's an actual explosive could work. I'd say limit the radius to include all the ship and its surrounding, but not all the map. Blowing up the whole map is a bit harsh.

2- Would it be possible to publish the mod by itself, instead of packaged with the Windows version of OpenXCom extended (maybe moving the OXCE download to a support link on the mod page)? I just finished compiling OXCE for Linux with added features (manufacturing profit, for one thing), so the Windows executable is useless. Whenever you update, we'll have to redownload OXCE for little to no gain even if using the old version of OXCE could be fine.

Just to check, is the entirety of xPiratez contained in the user folder of your Windows installation or did you change stuff in other places?

Thanks again for this mod! I'm really looking forward to my next game.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #635 on: September 14, 2015, 08:56:30 am »
1- I really like the idea of self-destruct ships. Making the timer depend on the ship (high powered engines blow up faster when set to self-destruct) could help mitigate things for people who aren't into the idea. Potentially, putting two items in the engine room, one that is an incendiary and the other that's an actual explosive could work. I'd say limit the radius to include all the ship and its surrounding, but not all the map. Blowing up the whole map is a bit harsh.

Yeah I've said that already, limited radius, big ships only, disarm-able. But the feature is on hold - not sure if I like it myself. I mean it wouldn't be of any consequence to my own playing, as I never linger that long with a mission - unless hunting for That One Last Guy, but in such cases, the ship is long-secured. But it would put everyone on a timer, which is unfair to many playstyles, and would also imply the enemy is fanatical, which is not always the case.

2- Would it be possible to publish the mod by itself, instead of packaged with the Windows version of OpenXCom extended (maybe moving the OXCE download to a support link on the mod page)? I just finished compiling OXCE for Linux with added features (manufacturing profit, for one thing), so the Windows executable is useless. Whenever you update, we'll have to redownload OXCE for little to no gain even if using the old version of OXCE could be fine.

Just to check, is the entirety of xPiratez contained in the user folder of your Windows installation or did you change stuff in other places?

You forget about OXCom distribution (as in, folder structure, resources, rulesets). Without the correct exact Nightly, both the OXCE executable AND the mod are useless :) This also means, if your compiled build is based on a wrong nightly, the mod will fail. That's what the package contains, beside the mod itself. But yeah, the mod is fully contained within the User directory.
Also come on, it's just a couple of megabytes, few seconds even on a slowish 8 MBit connection I have :) User-end compiling is good, but I'd rather have a bigger download than half the players having no clue why the mod doesn't work/works like crap (due to possible triple incompatibility mod <> OXCE <> OXCom Nightly :) The player saves few seconds on download, and loses maybe an hour looking for / compiling the right version of everything... That'd make me a thief :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:41:43 am by Dioxine »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 14, 2015, 02:41:55 pm »
So...when will  9.4 be released?

Also i can make power stations which is a 9.2 addition in 9,1.Does it not show the version name properly or did i do something wrong because in 9,3 cyclops dont bleed which they do in my version but i can also make industrial printers.Im confused
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:47:45 pm by doctor medic »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #637 on: September 14, 2015, 05:24:29 pm »
So...when will  9.4 be released?

Also i can make power stations which is a 9.2 addition in 9,1.Does it not show the version name properly or did i do something wrong because in 9,3 cyclops dont bleed which they do in my version but i can also make industrial printers.Im confused

0.92's greeting screen was erroneously displaying 0.91 as the version or whatever, I don't remember. About the Cyclops - yeah they no longer bleed, and are more resistant to fire in 0.94, it's called updates :)

The 0.94 update - it's been up for 5 minutes already. What has changed? The major aim of the update was improving the look of the paperdolls, not only by increasing the number of faces from 8 to 32 (only Yankes makes that possible!) but also redrawing all the old and ugly armors to meet my current standards.

But it wasn't the only upgrade, naturally. Along with a few badly needed research tree (and other) fixes, there's a ton of new stuff, as usual - weapons, armors, gizmos, enemies.

Also mechanics have been changed here and there - first thing you're going to notice is the updated Inventory screen, with a Quickdraw slot and 2x2 belt bag, second - Accuracy-based damage bonus for sniper-type weapons. And lots and lots of balancing.

But wait, there's more. The boring Pogrom mission has been redesigned. The old "laser pogroms" will still happen, but a new pogrom type has appeared - with no less than 7 minor factions doing them, armed with a plethora of (usually weaker) weapons. These new Pogroms are especially prevalent in the early game. Which means, early Pogroms got easier (even if the new enemies are usually more numerous), but they're also less profitable - and impossible to stop.

Enjoy!

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.94 - 14 Sep - New Faces
« Reply #638 on: September 14, 2015, 06:03:39 pm »
Congrats for the release! I'll update before attacking year 2.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 14, 2015, 07:03:37 pm »
But it wasn't the only upgrade, naturally. Along with a few badly needed research tree (and other) fixes, there's a ton of new stuff, as usual - weapons, armors, gizmos, enemies.

Dioxine, have a look at Redux's sprites - I created several additional units based on your Spartans that you might be interested for Piratez, plus a ton of civilian in suits. There's no paper dolls or BigObs for them but they aren't completely necessary.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 14, 2015, 07:14:39 pm »
Should i start from scratch or go on with my save?I have researched factory and armors untill the loader and assault,i have yet to do higher studies or craft shield or even the 2 new transports.

Also i managed to mind controll a friendly gall out of the star god's graps and safely get her out of the way of the sectopod,then i realised that the psi icon for mind controlled psi user's popped up on the top right corner when i had her selected,this lasted even after the turn of turn.Was that a bug or intentional design to use mind controll from any range?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:22:41 pm by doctor medic »

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 14, 2015, 07:34:38 pm »
Seems something is wrong with download: starting a new game, placing the base, going to inventory screen - no new paperdoll variants or holster slot. Very strange.  looks like older version was uploaded instead of new. Somebody, check please. Or maybe just i am dumb or blind or something.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:43:16 pm by LexThorn »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 14, 2015, 07:46:54 pm »
Try to make a clean install,delete everything on the old folder and replace everything with the new

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 14, 2015, 07:52:12 pm »
Try to make a clean install,delete everything on the old folder and replace everything with the new

Always making clean install. Created one more.   Checked - no changes.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #644 on: September 14, 2015, 08:31:54 pm »
Seems something is wrong with download: starting a new game, placing the base, going to inventory screen - no new paperdoll variants or holster slot. Very strange.  looks like older version was uploaded instead of new. Somebody, check please. Or maybe just i am dumb or blind or something.

You are correct; looks like Dioxine re-uploaded v0.92 as v0.94 as all the v0.93 changes are missing and the rulesets between v0.92 and v0.94 are identical.