Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612159 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.92 - 25 Jun
« Reply #495 on: August 10, 2015, 04:36:31 am »
Thanks for the praise! Strange glitch with that weapon - it was never meant to be mannufactureable, and certainly isn't now...

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 11, 2015, 04:26:43 pm »
I researched broken academy medic and engineer but I can't make laser yet,do I need a broken guild mechanic too?Because I have all lasers researched by the way

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #497 on: August 11, 2015, 09:04:19 pm »
Slowly finishing the update. Added new tier 3 armor - thanks to Robin for plated arm/leg armor - I'm not insane enough to draw such things :)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 11, 2015, 09:33:08 pm »
I found the heavy laser when i thought i researhed all lasers and academy engineer.Actualy how many laser weapons exist?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #499 on: August 12, 2015, 01:55:33 am »
Six basic types, but you only need to research 3 of them. Whate else is needed to make them? You need to go back to school ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:38:36 am by Dioxine »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 12, 2015, 11:32:06 am »
Six basic types, but you only need to research 3 of them. Whate else is needed to make them? You need to go back to school ;)
Well i guess i should be making a library soon :'(

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 14, 2015, 01:46:33 am »
Need to find the time and courage to restart this and see the changes for myself. Gargh...

Offline DrkPaladin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 15, 2015, 09:56:57 pm »
Spoilery question regarding the end-endgame.  Very Spoilery  Seriously, don't read if you don't want spoilers.

Spoiler:
(back story)  I've been mostly surviving by the skin of my teeth, shooting down as many sway-government missions as possible (though i've lost about half of my countries in the last couple years).  Since I've been going for so long (year 6 maybe?), I have multiple Ethereal bases across the globe and they are very very active.  So active, that missions from other factions are less common.  I interrogated two of the leaders of the major factions, except for the church.  I was pretty convinced that I would unlock the final mission after capturing the Church leader and doing an interrogation. 

I never spotted a church leader in all those in-game years, none survived the few crashes I was able to cause from larger ships and none landed, so my plan was to survive as long as possible and hope that the Church would sway a government (which I would allow) and create a base that I could raid a couple times.... this seems to have been a viable strategy... even though it took years to implement (end back story)

Anyways, to cut to the question.  After finally capturing a church leader and researching him, I unlocked the Dragon and Tesla Coil.  I didn't get an option to start crafting the interrogation of the next leader I capture.  Does the church leader work differently than the other two, is it something I will need to research multiple times instead of through interrogating?  Is there a rank above Cardinal that I somehow missed, or could I have missed a mid level interrogation from a different faction somehow?  Is this stage of the game not yet implemented?

I did also capture and research a few Guardians and Operatives, I'm not sure if there is a Rank above Operative. Or if this would also be needed. I can (with substantial losses) destroy their bases, and I definitely have enough bases to try and raid.

Anywho, awesome mod!  I might start over on a higher difficulty soon, even if I can't beat it.  I would try lots of things differently.   :) 

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 15, 2015, 11:00:43 pm »
Spoilery question regarding the end-endgame.  Very Spoilery  Seriously, don't read if you don't want spoilers.

Spoiler:
(back story)  I've been mostly surviving by the skin of my teeth, shooting down as many sway-government missions as possible (though i've lost about half of my countries in the last couple years).  Since I've been going for so long (year 6 maybe?), I have multiple Ethereal bases across the globe and they are very very active.  So active, that missions from other factions are less common.  I interrogated two of the leaders of the major factions, except for the church.  I was pretty convinced that I would unlock the final mission after capturing the Church leader and doing an interrogation. 

I never spotted a church leader in all those in-game years, none survived the few crashes I was able to cause from larger ships and none landed, so my plan was to survive as long as possible and hope that the Church would sway a government (which I would allow) and create a base that I could raid a couple times.... this seems to have been a viable strategy... even though it took years to implement (end back story)

Anyways, to cut to the question.  After finally capturing a church leader and researching him, I unlocked the Dragon and Tesla Coil.  I didn't get an option to start crafting the interrogation of the next leader I capture.  Does the church leader work differently than the other two, is it something I will need to research multiple times instead of through interrogating?  Is there a rank above Cardinal that I somehow missed, or could I have missed a mid level interrogation from a different faction somehow?  Is this stage of the game not yet implemented?

I did also capture and research a few Guardians and Operatives, I'm not sure if there is a Rank above Operative. Or if this would also be needed. I can (with substantial losses) destroy their bases, and I definitely have enough bases to try and raid.

Anywho, awesome mod!  I might start over on a higher difficulty soon, even if I can't beat it.  I would try lots of things differently.   :)

Spoiler:
Looks like you need Star God Coordinator, there is usually one per base or battleship. And Cardinals indeed cannot be broken/interrogated, so you are perfectly fine on that front.

Offline DrkPaladin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 15, 2015, 11:31:25 pm »
Spoiler:
Looks like you need Star God Coordinator, there is usually one per base or battleship. And Cardinals indeed cannot be broken/interrogated, so you are perfectly fine on that front.

Thanks! I will give that a try.  I'll get my Suicide squad equipped and harden my heart for the missions ahead. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #505 on: August 15, 2015, 11:36:42 pm »
Congratulations, you're almost there :) You should finish just about when the new version is released, with bugfixes, bayoneted AKs, Sectoids and other stuff :)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 16, 2015, 12:01:36 am »
I like the reference to the Russia not getting inlfritrated in one of the govt pappers

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 17, 2015, 08:50:29 pm »
So i just lost 6 gals from a single public enemy just because he was 1 tile away from me and had the tu to kill them

Fun

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #508 on: August 17, 2015, 11:22:00 pm »
Hey Dioxine, I just unlocked research topic #055
Code: [Select]
Even melee weapons that do not use Melee skill count towards Melee training. and was wondering if you could provide a list what constitutes "melee weapon" or what I need to search in the rulesets to perform some testing.

Spoiler:
Reason I ask is for melee weapons like "Electro-Whip"; gray area for melee/ranged fighting. Or the multiple attack melee weapons like the Chainsaws.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 17, 2015, 11:40:56 pm »
Hey Dioxine, I just unlocked research topic #055
Code: [Select]
Even melee weapons that do not use Melee skill count towards Melee training. and was wondering if you could provide a list what constitutes "melee weapon" or what I need to search in the rulesets to perform some testing.

Spoiler:
Reason I ask is for melee weapons like "Electro-Whip"; gray area for melee/ranged fighting. Or the multiple attack melee weapons like the Chainsaws.

I think it is a leftover from non-extended version of Piratez, it just meant that melee weapons with fixed accuracy, like Bat or Pipe, still count toward melee skill training on scoring hits, even though those weapons do not benefit from skill at all.

edit: by the way, Dioxine, may be add a melee attack to Hammers?
Like, leave ranged attack as unscaleable/worse tactical option (with power enough to break walls) and add a scaleable melee "Hit" option. Might be nice, even if just to train melee acc.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:02:48 am by Ridаn »