Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609678 times)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2015, 04:02:27 am »
Dioxine

Is the Resolution still 320X200 for extended?

If so I might be able to have my personailsations of the Inventory images for both versions.

Also, do you mind if I 'borrow' the sounds and graphics from the Pirates Acid/Molotov throwables for a Mod I'm working on?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2015, 06:22:37 am »
@Pilot: yes the saves will translate, with some minor save-doctoring (I will put instructions here).

@Roxis: why should I change the resolution? :) Graphics assets are pretty much unchanged. As for the borrowing - any asset is free to take, naturally, no need to even ask, but always remember to check the credits before you credit me for another person's work :) (I think these are 100% mine, though - except for flask sprites naturally, which are stolen and modified Diablo 1 sprites. Any new Sounds are likely from Alien Shooter 2: Vengeance, go and play this awesome and cheap game :) ).

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2015, 07:14:04 am »
@Roxis: why should I change the resolution? :) Graphics assets are pretty much unchanged. As for the borrowing - any asset is free to take, naturally, no need to even ask, but always remember to check the credits before you credit me for another person's work :) (I think these are 100% mine, though - except for flask sprites naturally, which are stolen and modified Diablo 1 sprites. Any new Sounds are likely from Alien Shooter 2: Vengeance, go and play this awesome and cheap game :) ).

Great - Now, to just to deside how to add the Images - Ruleset or manual?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2015, 08:46:38 am »
Ruleset is much more convenient IMO - you can switch the armors forth and back at your leisure.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2015, 09:24:57 am »
Ruleset then.  I'll just have to wait for the first release, to see how to fit it in then. Also it will give me time to work on which variants to create.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2015, 11:31:18 pm »
Managed to add a couple of facilities, including the training facility. Below is the second one - the still. It will be required for production of alcoholic beverages at a hideout. Everything seems to be working fine.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2015, 12:24:38 am »
<snip> Below is the second one - the still. It will be required for production of alcoholic beverages at a hideout. <snip>

Knowing Dioxine, it only costs $1,000,000 to build, requires a Star God Captive (in the hideout) and has upkeep of $799,000/mo.  :P

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2015, 01:29:29 am »
Knowing Dioxine, it only costs $1,000,000 to build

Nah just $900k. And the first one is for free :)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2015, 04:40:26 pm »
Knowing Dioxine, it only costs $1,000,000 to build, requires a Star God Captive (in the hideout) and has upkeep of $799,000/mo.  :P

Cant expect less.

Nah just $900k. And the first one is for free :)

See? At least he leaves open a window so that you have a forlorn hope of building multiples. :P I hope that at least it doesnt take manufacturing space from the workshop. Not that it matters much.

Am I Seeing a ridesinged boarding gun too or its a new weapon?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:48:01 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2015, 09:02:19 pm »
I'll risk getting hate from everyone and suggest:
If such a thing is possible, why not adding the option of "executing" prisoners (and making sure the footage reaches faction hands or the opressed population) for monthly rating points and reminding everyone who's in charge here?*
*any similarity with real people, events or entities is purely fictional. Totally not ISIS style here

On an entirely different topic, could we get corridors and security stations as base facilities (just like in the Xeno Ops mod)?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:55:31 pm by Edrick »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2015, 11:22:59 pm »
I don't think it is possible for manufacture to grant points, just research.. Unless you let the brainers do the execution because they have a better sense of theatrics. But still.. I don't know if it fits.

Sort of related: Would it be possible for interrogations to pop a research message with a name? It always pops an empty message and it's hard sometimes to know what just happened (especially when you don't get a ufopedia article from whatever the interrogation granted).

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2015, 11:25:27 pm »
I'll risk getting hate from everyone

This a game forum not a political discussion forum. Why should anyone hate you for it?

Sort of related: Would it be possible for interrogations to pop a research message with a name? It always pops an empty message and it's hard sometimes to know

Doesnt it pop the ufopedia article for you? It does for me. Strange.

EDIT: Oh wait mean when you research the first individual, not the broken ones right?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:27:51 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2015, 06:58:12 pm »
I get the messages for broken captives, what I'm talking about is the research popup. At midnight when an interrogation finishes, I get "research completed" but nothing where the name of the project should be.

That's for interrogations of non-broken captives. You then have to guess what just completed. It is even more difficult to guess when you interrogated a captive you have already interrogated (ie your 2nd trader engineer) and get no report because you got some unknown prerequisite for something without an actual UFOpedia page.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2015, 08:36:17 pm »
Cant expect less.

See? At least he leaves open a window so that you have a forlorn hope of building multiples. :P I hope that at least it doesnt take manufacturing space from the workshop. Not that it matters much.

Am I Seeing a ridesinged boarding gun too or its a new weapon?

It actually adds +10 workspace.

And what you're seeing is an upgraded Boarding Gun, a new weapon you can research.

I'll risk getting hate from everyone and suggest:
If such a thing is possible, why not adding the option of "executing" prisoners (and making sure the footage reaches faction hands or the opressed population) for monthly rating points and reminding everyone who's in charge here?*

That'd make little sense. The Traders etc. really cannot hate you more, and staging such stunts would undermine the source of your money - the Govts pay you because think you're useful (since you're a pain in Traders' etc. asses) and because they're lobbied by the Mutant Alliance who are useful as allies (to keep order) and who, in turn, think you're useful (for keeping mutants a little safer and for intimidating their opponents). Staging executions would alienate some of that power base, so would actually result in a lower score. The Mutant Alliance is known to be affiliated with various insurgents, but they would never tarnish their reputation by supporting people who stage executions of random people.

I get the messages for broken captives, what I'm talking about is the research popup. At midnight when an interrogation finishes, I get "research completed" but nothing where the name of the project should be.

That's for interrogations of non-broken captives. You then have to guess what just completed. It is even more difficult to guess when you interrogated a captive you have already interrogated (ie your 2nd trader engineer) and get no report because you got some unknown prerequisite for something without an actual UFOpedia page.

1. I can't do anything about this, this is how researching 'aliens' works in OXCom - no popup on what you have completed. You only get a popup with the further tech that got unlocked (ex. a Mission lore entry or a Vessel entry).
2. There is nothing of consequence which lacks an UFOpedia page, afaik. If you think there is, you might be right (errors happen) but you have to be more specific - whom you have interrogated etc.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:39:23 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2015, 04:34:57 pm »
1. I can't do anything about this, this is how researching 'aliens' works in OXCom - no popup on what you have completed. You only get a popup with the further tech that got unlocked (ex. a Mission lore entry or a Vessel entry).
2. There is nothing of consequence which lacks an UFOpedia page, afaik. If you think there is, you might be right (errors happen) but you have to be more specific - whom you have interrogated etc.

Hum.. I'll have to play vanilla again! I could have sworn it said "Research completed: Sectoid Soldier" and the like. As far as I know, live captives only show up in research if they have something to tell you, right? I've researched a bunch who apparently didn't give anything but I didn't check my save to see what they actually had given. I assumed it was "nameless pre-requisite 11" for something and that it didn't warrant an article. I'll try to check next time.